Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
My complaint is that they don't want me .

LOL I guess if I had one complaint that would be mine too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 07:29 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
My personal #1 point of unhappiness with some (definitely not all though) single women, especially many of the local women where I am at here in D.C.: the lack of essential human compassion, kindness, patience, gentleness, and tenderness, as well as quickness to anger, become easily irritated, or tendency to judge too harshly too soon, that some appear to have.

ETA: b/c of the extremely high prevalence of the above cited factors among D.C. women, I gave up completely on local dating, a long time ago...
I guess the DC culture corrupts a lot of the transplant women once they get here. Ironically, I find the native women or the ones from other parts of VA more down to earth than the transplants from other parts.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:47 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I guess the DC culture corrupts a lot of transplant women once they get here. Ironically, I find the native women or the ones from other. In parts of VA more down to earth than the transplants from other parts.
This is generally true. Ditto for NYC and Boston and other cities NE cities. I always find local women down to earth even though they are stuck up in their own way and to some extent shallow and dont know any better. Transplant women who are generally educated and career oriented expect nothing but thr best which developed from child hood by suburban helicopter parents. From my experience if you want to sleep with a Transplant chick, yoy have to get her as soon as she fresh into town. Transplant women become jaded quickly, I had my fairshare of outcof town women here in NYC. Overall its s catch 22, you want to deal with local women with baggage, or self entitled narssistic educated women from suburbia who think thier $hi@ don't stink in the playgrounds of big cities. Which way would you rather have it?

Old 06-13-2013, 08:55 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Here is my grief. I love kids and I do hope to have kids of my own with the right woman when that comes along if ever! As I realize as I get older and meet older women up the food chain they tend to have an average of two kids from previous relationships. Im open to dating single moms but two kids from a previous relationship is too much for me to handle especially if the ex baby father is still around, this shows irresponsibility on her behalf to some extent. Another thing I lm not too fond of is poor finances. Time and time again if I go to a womans house its about her rent or she may have her bills visible and stacked up which are past due, but at thr same time they can have an iphone buy handbags and other fashionable goods. Poor fimances often leads to materialism. Weight and looks dont bother. You see Im tna type of guy. She can be short, fat, tall, skinny, crossed eye, or what not but she must posses either a booty, boobs or both. If a woman is missing both and has a flat butt and a flat chest, she does not have to be pretty in the face, but she must have the front and the back to catch my interest and keep my coming back for more, more and more.
So you like ugly women? Lol. J/k. I agree with the fiances. I saw it at my old job. Stupid parents buying fancy clothes all the electronics yet forgot the kids lunch. Or asked us if we could buy their kid a happy meal? Wtf? Take care of your kid!

Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,635,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
he is 40 and divorced. he needs to realize his options arent what they used to be. i dont think its the inventory that is the problem, just that the women he wants dont want him
This is exactly what I was thinking. Men can come up all kinds of things to complain about when it comes to single women just as women can complain about the pool of single men. But the bottom line is this is the pool you're swimming so you'd better learn to deal with it. I'm almost 40. I could complain that the single women I meet are overweight, have kids, have bad attitudes, etc. But where would that get me? At some point, I have to either make some concessions or stay single. I'm ok with a woman who's a liitle overweight. I'm even ok with someone who has kids. I draw the line, however, at things like smoking, poor finances, or emotional immaturity.

I wouldn't call it a complaint, but more of an observation, and that is that a lot of the single women I meet probably aren't ready to date. Some are still working through issues of a past relationship. Others are too distracted by work, kids, or other responsibilities. I think if you're going to put yourself out there, you have to make sure you're ready. Get your house in order, deal with whatever lingering issues you may have, and then start dating when you're ready to give it your best. This applies to men and women. Too often, people are jumping back into the dating scene simply because they don't want to be alone. But I see nothing wrong in being single if you're using that time to work on yourself.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
This is generally true. Ditto for NYC and Boston and other cities NE cities. I always find local women down to earth even though they are stuck up in their own way and to some extent shallow and dont know any better. Transplant women who are generally educated and career oriented expect nothing but thr best which developed from child hood by suburban helicopter parents. From my experience if you want to sleep with a Transplant chick, yoy have to get her as soon as she fresh into town. Transplant women become jaded quickly, I had my fairshare of outcof town women here in NYC. Overall its s catch 22, you want to deal with local women with baggage, or self entitled narssistic educated women from suburbia who think thier $hi@ don't stink in the playgrounds of big cities. Which way would you rather have it?
I haven't noticed that at all...most of the women I've met have been pretty damn awesome. I go to NYC once every few weeks and already have a ton of phone numbers from cool gals that I've met wandering around, at restaurants or at bars/lounges. Most of them are single and many don't have kids, fyi.

I've found that guys will just stare at a woman, not talk to her and then complain that all women are ******* or 'high maintenance' etc....I've seen my guy friends do that and I'll finally let them know that they can't POSSIBLY know those things just by looking at a woman across the room! I will admit that many women do seem to have a bit of a shield up when talking to a new man, but the fact that so many men are subscribing to PUA strategies, or manipulating women just to sleep with them can you really blame them?

Old 06-13-2013, 02:33 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
This is not going to end well........

Popcorn anyone?
Well, we’re 4 pages in and it hasn’t turned into The Jerry Springer Show, so maybe men and women can actually have an intelligent and honest conversation about what men really want without being insulting and condescending to both parties – go figure .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
My personal #1 point of unhappiness with some (definitely not all though) single women, especially many of the local women where I am at here in D.C.: the lack of essential human compassion, kindness, patience, gentleness, and tenderness, as well as quickness to anger, become easily irritated, or tendency to judge too harshly too soon, that some appear to have.

ETA: b/c of the extremely high prevalence of the above cited factors among D.C. women, I gave up completely on local dating, a long time ago...
Quote:
Here is my grief. I love kids and I do hope to have kids of my own with the right woman when that comes along if ever! As I realize as I get older and meet older women up the food chain they tend to have an average of two kids from previous relationships. Im open to dating single moms but two kids from a previous relationship is too much for me to handle especially if the ex baby father is still around, this shows irresponsibility on her behalf to some extent. Another thing I lm not too fond of is poor finances. Time and time again if I go to a womans house its about her rent or she may have her bills visible and stacked up which are past due, but at thr same time they can have an iphone buy handbags and other fashionable goods. Poor fimances often leads to materialism. Weight and looks dont bother. You see Im tna type of guy. She can be short, fat, tall, skinny, crossed eye, or what not but she must posses either a booty, boobs or both. If a woman is missing both and has a flat butt and a flat chest, she does not have to be pretty in the face, but she must have the front and the back to catch my interest and keep my coming back for more, more and more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I guess the DC culture corrupts a lot of the transplant women once they get here. Ironically, I find the native women or the ones from other parts of VA more down to earth than the transplants from other parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking. Men can come up all kinds of things to complain about when it comes to single women just as women can complain about the pool of single men. But the bottom line is this is the pool you're swimming so you'd better learn to deal with it. I'm almost 40. I could complain that the single women I meet are overweight, have kids, have bad attitudes, etc. But where would that get me? At some point, I have to either make some concessions or stay single. I'm ok with a woman who's a liitle overweight. I'm even ok with someone who has kids. I draw the line, however, at things like smoking, poor finances, or emotional immaturity.

I wouldn't call it a complaint, but more of an observation, and that is that a lot of the single women I meet probably aren't ready to date. Some are still working through issues of a past relationship. Others are too distracted by work, kids, or other responsibilities. I think if you're going to put yourself out there, you have to make sure you're ready. Get your house in order, deal with whatever lingering issues you may have, and then start dating when you're ready to give it your best. This applies to men and women. Too often, people are jumping back into the dating scene simply because they don't want to be alone. But I see nothing wrong in being single if you're using that time to work on yourself.
These are exactly the type of comments I was hoping for – real, raw, no brown-nosing so that the women on City-Data (CD) will start flirting and hitting on you, brutally honest, pulling no punches, and specific enough so that women can look at the comments and honestly ask themselves: Do I do that? Should I put myself in his shoes to see what he means about financial irresponsibility? Should I put myself in his shoes to see what he means about having a 9’s attitude with a 3’s looks?

Please continue...

Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Sounds like your friend is a misogynistic loser suffering from a bad case of sour grapes.

Please don't invite his brethren to vent their spleens here.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl05 View Post
Well, we’re 4 pages in and it hasn’t turned into The Jerry Springer Show, so maybe men and women can actually have an intelligent and honest conversation about what men really want without being insulting and condescending to both parties – go figure .

These are exactly the type of comments I was hoping for – real, raw, no brown-nosing so that the women on City-Data (CD) will start flirting and hitting on you, brutally honest, pulling no punches, and specific enough so that women can look at the comments and honestly ask themselves: Do I do that? Should I put myself in his shoes to see what he means about financial irresponsibility? Should I put myself in his shoes to see what he means about having a 9’s attitude with a 3’s looks?

Please continue...
So, what do you do when one guy says he likes women who are very short and thin and extremely feminine and then one guy says he likes women who are a little tough, taller and curvier? I mean, which person's 'opinion' holds more weight since they're very opposite wants?

How about I just keep doing what I'm doing and if a guy doesn't like it, he can go and find a woman that meets his criteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Sounds like your friend is a misogynistic loser suffering from a bad case of sour grapes.

Please don't invite his brethren to vent their spleens here.
I don't have a spleen

Old 06-13-2013, 03:27 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Really, why??? Just curious.

Most women (single and married women) who live in or near military towns know that there are thousands, upon thousands, upon thousands of single/available military men living and/or working on a military base; however, there are rarely (and I mean rarely) enough single/available women for these men to date .

So, it’s a supply and demand issue in most (but not all) military towns, and the women living in or near the military towns know this. Most (but not all) of these women try to use – or abuse, depending on how you look at it – the supply/demand issue to their advantage.

In other words, the women’s attitudes are pretty much: We have more “leverage” than you (men) because we have more options (men to choose from) than you (available women to choose from). Some men begrudgingly go along with it while others prefer to take the road less traveled - long distance relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships