Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 10:20 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times

Advertisements

No need to catch up dude, and that's a really funny story about the girl texting other guys so you just got wasted. Heck, why not. If you're not gonna have any fun with the girl and she's not gonna give you the time of day, enjoy your booze.

I actually never dated at all when I was younger, and never had relationships. I was much more interested in going out drinking with my buddies and just having fun. I did occasionally hook up with girls, but not too often... never really cared. Never hit on them.

There's really not too much to catch up with though. Honestly the main thing to do is walk up to women and just talk to them. If you see one you like, talk to her. Maybe look up a few things online for tips here and there. It's more about trial and error and seeing what works and what doesn't. Also, stop caring about women.. that's the absolute worst thing you can do. What they think about you means nothing, if they don't like you .. don't sweat it and just move on. Someone not interested in you is not worth your time, don't put in effort to someone who isn't reciprocating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 10:24 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post

• the friendzone
  • rejection from a coworker, which made work awkward for a couple months
  • drunkenly facebook messaging a girl I liked, completely embarassing myself and so she blocked me lol
  • bunch of failed attempts hooking up with girls because I was too anxious
  • times when I couldn't focus on homework because I was waiting for a girl to text me back
  • a time when I took a girl to my fraternity's formal and she was texting other guys the entire time (I seriously couldn't handle it, so I got blacked-out drunk to completely dull my emotional response)
1. Good, you were smart to learn from it and learn that if a girl is not interested in dating you, you shouldn't hold on to that dream.

2. It's only awkward if you make it awkward. If someone rejects you, it's not a big deal and shouldn't be.. because there's a million other girls. If a girl rejects you, act like its no big deal and be normal with them.

3. Well... that's.. just... bad. Please don't do that ever again but come on, who hasn't done that??

4. Why were you too anxious? How about trying to meet a nice girl and take things slow then.

5. I'd probably do the same thing, or just leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships