Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times

Advertisements

VH1's The Pick-Up Artist | The Mystery Method: How To Get Beautiful Women Into Bed | PUA | The Pickup Artist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,806,222 times
Hurricanekid - these things work if the woman is already interested in the man or easily manipulated. If he's cute and funny, I've teased back and joked along to see if he has anything better to offer than a one liner. On occasion, you can find someone witty, but most of these guys flail as soon as you test them.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,923,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Guys, I dont like PUA for my own reasons, but it certainly works. It works like magic, and it works on women who are skanks and women who say "it would never work on me, they must seek out women with low self esteeem blah blah blah". BS, it works on most all women because it is based on some very tried and true, basic gender dynamics. It is brilliant in its own right, but if you really know what youre doing, there isnt much need for it.
Actually, no, it doesn't. It basically works on extremely lonely, very drunk, young, inexperienced girls who want it to work because they think if someone boffs them, that must mean they are worth something after all. That much is true, sorry, Ascension.

But why listen to us, OP? Give it a shot yourself. Let us know how it all works out for you. Does it really matter which of us say it "works" and which of us say it doesn't? Prove or disprove it for yourself if you're curious.

I will be very interested to hear how tremendously these "tried-and-true, basic gender dynamics" of unattractive, goofy guys leaning intrusively over drunk women and "negging" them works for you. After all, the only thing that trumps having few social skills, no respect and a view of women as things is having few social skills, no respect and a view of women as things and then saying insulting things to them. Instant "in," I'm sure.

Please do report back and I'm quite serious about that, would love to hear what happens. You will honestly never believe any of us here until you try it for yourself so you may as well. You pretty much have nothing to lose, I'd say.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Hurricanekid - these things work if the woman is already interested in the man or easily manipulated. If he's cute and funny, I've teased back and joked along to see if he has anything better to offer than a one liner. On occasion, you can find someone witty, but most of these guys flail as soon as you test them.
Yup. If she's already interested in the man, pretty much anything will work, so to speak, because she's encouraging the interaction.

Not interested + being intruded on + being insulted with a nervous giggle + a request for a number: not so much.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:27 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,592,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Actually, no, it doesn't. It basically works on extremely lonely, very drunk, young, inexperienced girls who want it to work because they think if someone boffs them, that must mean they are worth something after all. That much is true, sorry, Ascension.

But why listen to us, OP? Give it a shot yourself. Let us know how it all works out for you. Does it really matter which of us say it "works" and which of us say it doesn't? Prove or disprove it for yourself if you're curious.

I will be very interested to hear how tremendously these "tried-and-true, basic gender dynamics" of unattractive, goofy guys leaning intrusively over drunk women and "negging" them works for you. After all, the only thing that trumps having few social skills, no respect and a view of women as things is having few social skills, no respect and a view of women as things and then saying insulting things to them. Instant "in," I'm sure.

Please do report back and I'm quite serious about that, would love to hear what happens. You will honestly never believe any of us here until you try it for yourself so you may as well. You pretty much have nothing to lose, I'd say.
Listen, if I ever find a single woman, who describes herself as "extremely lonely, very drunk, young, inexperienced girl" then i will give your post any thought. Every woman ive ever talked to, claimed she is not like that, when in reality they all for the same crap. Be real.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:37 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,806,222 times
Quote:
Listen, if I ever find a single woman, who describes herself as "extremely lonely, very drunk, young, inexperienced girl" then i will give your post any thought. Every woman ive ever talked to, claimed she is not like that, when in reality they all for the same crap. Be real.
these girls aren't showing up on a C-D relationship board. But there's plenty of them over on FB. I've rejected enough guys that flailed after their failed attempt at a pick-up line to know that the Pick-up lines aren't golden passes. Not enough swagger in the world is going to make up for a guy that can't banter nicely. Using someone else's lines doesn't work.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:51 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,592,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
these girls aren't showing up on a C-D relationship board. But there's plenty of them over on FB. I've rejected enough guys that flailed after their failed attempt at a pick-up line to know that the Pick-up lines aren't golden passes. Not enough swagger in the world is going to make up for a guy that can't banter nicely. Using someone else's lines doesn't work.
I dont like PUA for several reasons, have never used it nor spent a penny on any of their materials, but I recognize that some of the principles they teach are very sound and work like a charm, on pretty much every woman (even those that claim they arent like that). For example a concept of negging is extremely effective in most all pick up situations, or concept of kino, ie creating physical contact by touching etc etc. Those and many other conepts are very, very effective when it comes to approaching women. It will never change.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:03 PM

13,609 posts, read 9,644,958 times
Quote:
Guys, I dont like PUA for my own reasons, but it certainly works. It works like magic, and it works on women who are skanks and women who say "it would never work on me, they must seek out women with low self esteeem blah blah blah". BS, it works on most all women because it is based on some very tried and true, basic gender dynamics. It is brilliant in its own right, but if you really know what youre doing, there isnt much need for it.
I’m skeptical, to say the least. What DOES work, evidently, is the honing of one’s persona, such that other people (men and women) become comfortable finding themselves in conversation with the practitioner of the “art”. It’s general people skills, or if you will, the projection of emotional intelligence. To the extent that such self-development is subsumed by the general term “pick up art”, then all the best to them. Otherwise, a better place to see good examples of pick-up would be at your local Dodge dealer. I hear that the diesels are especially improved this year.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Yes, that's true. Every woman is exactly like every other woman.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I’m skeptical, to say the least. What DOES work, evidently, is the honing of one’s persona, such that other people (men and women) become comfortable finding themselves in conversation with the practitioner of the “art”. It’s general people skills, or if you will, the projection of emotional intelligence. To the extent that such self-development is subsumed by the general term “pick up art”, then all the best to them. Otherwise, a better place to see good examples of pick-up would be at your local Dodge dealer. I hear that the diesels are especially improved this year.
Bwah!

And go figure, it works exactly the same way at the Dodge dealer as it does in a "pick-up situation," if we already wanted the car anyway we ignore the fact that the dealer is a finesse-less slimeball and just take the car; if we don't want the car, we capitalize on the fact that the dealer is a finesse-less slimeball as an excuse to get away fast.

Well, except for us women, of course. We all fall for "the same crap" because, well, we're just stoooooooooopid. All of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships