Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:07 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I think they have a legitimate expectation of privacy even in public, since no one present knew them. The woman made a point of violiating their privacy.
Nope. They made a point of violating her privacy by talking loudly enough for her to hear. First, the law recognizes no right of privacy if you are in public. Second, it's your responsibility if you are out in public not to talk so that others can hear you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 07:07 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,284 times
I would have slammed the photogrqapher as well... it has to start being socially unacceptable to photograph people who don't agree to being photographed, because people are getting photographed for all sorts of rediculous reasons, and it's too many times that things get blown out of proportion...

OK those guys cheated, so does 61% of the rest of the western world at some point in their life...

By helping to spread these kinds of things people not only send the pictures, but also the message that it's OK to be poking and posting other peoples lives on the internet, as if they were one of the animals at the zoo. The result is the completely respectless photo and facebook/social media behavior of todays teens.

I don't care what a person does, unless it is bad enough for you to want to take it upon you to personally civil-arrest or procecute the individual in question for a (REAL) crime, don't take photos of people who haven't agreed to them.

But these guys...
they're cheating, which is not a crime
they're being complete idiots which is not a crime
they're annoying, again no crime.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:08 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and I hope to God she sues them right back....

if your going to brag like this about the affairs you've been having, for two hours, so that others can hear, you'd better be equipped & prepared to pay the consequences.....
If you are going to stick your nose into other folks business like this woman did, you'd better be prepared to deal with that as well.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:09 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
these guys deserve everything that comes out of this...
But his wife and kids/family did NOT. I work in the public sector. I can't imagine having to deal with all the comments and questions into my personal life. Not their business.

Quote:
Technology has made people impolite and extremely rude...
Yes, it has. This woman should not have taken his photograph and posted it to a public website without his permission.

2,159 posts, read 2,811,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
These MEN did not cause all this embarassment. The woman DID. This was a private issue and now can no longer be private. Yes, he was talking about it in a public setting...but only those in earshot could hear him. Now the whole damn country knows thanks to this nosey-body.

If I were the wife in this situation I'd be suing her ass for everything she's worth. I cannot imagine my entire community, hell...country, knowing my personal business.
Those men made it a public matter talking openly about it for two hours in front of strangers. Two hours?

Who wouldn't lose patience after that long?

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
the way I see it, it was privet, way before they discussed it in the restaurant...if I'm in a restaurant, eating, I certainly would not want to hear someone discussing their present medical condition, regardless of what it is.
So the correct response is to photograph them and share their medical issues on facebook because you did not want to hear about it? I would think that mentioning to them that you are uncomfortable would be by far easier.

Quote:
Here is my point....we have become a society where anything and anything that is said, goes...we are a corrupt nation...and sometimes, ya gotta say no to bad behavior...and this is bad behavior...
Well to the degree that any more cheating goes on now than it ever did, I doubt that. You really want all of us policing each other? We are going to go back to public lynchings?

Old 06-13-2013, 07:10 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
But his wife and kids/family did NOT. I work in the public sector. I can't imagine having to deal with all the comments and questions into my personal life. Not their business.

Yes, it has. This woman should not have taken his photograph and posted it to a public website without his permission.
Those men caused this to happen to their family.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:10 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,024 times
She was wrong doing what she did. Not saying the wives shouldn't know, but having the whole country know on top of that is embarrasing to their families, and doesn't help the situation. No one wants to be embarrassed like that. And as much as this woman thinks she was thinking of the wives, she really wasn't. Now having said that, I don't feel any sympathy for the guys either. When you play that game, you better be ready to live with the consequences when you get caught. For them to be talking about something like in a public setting was not too bright, and they are just as much at fault as the woman is, as she would not have posted anything if they were not talking about it.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:12 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
I would have slammed the photogrqapher as well... it has to start being socially unacceptable to photograph people who don't agree to being photographed, because people are getting photographed for all sorts of rediculous reasons, and it's too many times that things get blown out of proportion...

OK those guys cheated, so does 61% of the rest of the western world at some point in their life...

By helping to spread these kinds of things people not only send the pictures, but also the message that it's OK to be poking and posting other peoples lives on the internet, as if they were one of the animals at the zoo. The result is the completely respectless photo and facebook/social media behavior of todays teens.

I don't care what a person does, unless it is bad enough for you to want to take it upon you to personally civil-arrest or procecute the individual in question for a (REAL) crime, don't take photos of people who haven't agreed to them.

But these guys...
they're cheating, which is not a crime
they're being complete idiots which is not a crime
they're annoying, again no crime.
cheating is a moral crime...and that is my point, anything goes today...more cheaters then ever?

Do, you take this woman to be your wife, to have and to hold this day foreward, until death do you part...in sickness and in health...for richer or poorer?

That in itself is a moral vow/promise you make to someone...

and I don't care if 99% of
America cheats...when you cheat, you are destorying so so so many other lives...forever!

yanno, not only kids, but adults have no fear of any consequenses for their wrong doings any more...and perhaps, there is still hope for society to once again become aware thru cell phone photos....

Old 06-13-2013, 07:13 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
cheating is a moral crime...and that is my point, anything goes today...more cheaters then ever?

Do, you take this woman to be your wife, to have and to hold this day foreward, until death do you part...in sickness and in health...for richer or poorer?

That in itself is a moral vow/promise you make to someone...

and I don't care if 99% of
America cheats...when you cheat, you are destorying so so so many other lives...forever!
Who nominated you and this woman chief prosecutors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships