Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Depends on the one saying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 12:49 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
I'm physically attracted to women for lots of reasons. Do I want to have sex with them? No, i mainly just think about it, as I have been continually monogamous for the last 15 or so years. I want what the person i am together with, and she is beautiful.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:51 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
I've even dated women that were very attractive, but I had no interest in them whatsoever. That was when I was very young. But as I got older, I saw more and more attractive women but in no way would I want to date them. Issues!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-13-2013, 01:55 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Pretty and attractive are two different things.

You can acknowledge objective universal features/symmetry/etc. as beautiful, but that doesn't mean you feel desire for that.
Most of Hollywood comes to mind for me.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:58 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,069 times
If I find a woman very attractive the sex thought would at least creep into my mind. Not that I would pursue it.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:18 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Hetero guys, do you ever feel like this?

A male friend said to me that EVERY time a man says a woman is beautiful (or pretty, or whatever), it means he wants to f*ck her. Is this true for you?

The idea surprised me, because when I say someone is beautiful, handsome, etc., I mean nothing of the sort. I mean the same thing as when I say a flower or a building is beautiful. It's just an aesthetic opinion. I do not want to sex up that cathedral. I don't think we would be compatible long term just because its arches are purty.
There are tons of women that can be beautiful, but inspire a "meh" from me.

Charlize Therone comes to mind off of the top of my head.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Hetero guys, do you ever feel like this?

A male friend said to me that EVERY time a man says a woman is beautiful (or pretty, or whatever), it means he wants to f*ck her. Is this true for you?

The idea surprised me, because when I say someone is beautiful, handsome, etc., I mean nothing of the sort. I mean the same thing as when I say a flower or a building is beautiful. It's just an aesthetic opinion. I do not want to sex up that cathedral. I don't think we would be compatible long term just because its arches are purty.
Well, in my art studio, I see attractive European and Asian models all day long. Physically, they are perfect 10. I don't find any of them attractive sexually.

Celebrities don't do anything for me either.

My family's business is music festival promotion, I've met many A list rock stars. . I simply cannot fathom the prurient interest in the lives of people I don't know. Possibly it's because the lives of most of these people are so drab and dull. Not to mention many of these celebrities look awful in person :O

Old 06-13-2013, 04:13 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
If we're basing this soley on looks, then I couldn't imagine rejecting a girl I find hot.

However, I have self esteem and if I don't like someone I'm more than capable of not wanting to be anywhere near them.. regardless of their looks.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:56 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Not sure I can look at a beautiful woman and think "well, I don't think I would ever want sex with her", unless she was just repulsive as a human being. Now you can certainly see the aesthetic beauty in someone and not want sex, such as a straight guy who can admit that another man is handsome. Doesn't mean he wants to have sex with the guy, but he's confident enough in his own skin to admit or recognize what women might see in him.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:03 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
A woman can be aesthetically pleasing but her demeanor, personality, etc can make her much less attractive.
THIS!

Attitude and personality is a huge part of the attraction factor. There are hot women who are gorgeous on the outside but hideous on the inside. They become uglier by the minute the more you get to know them. No amount of physical good looks justifies a woman to act like a complete b**ch but some think it's perfectly OK to treat guys like shyte.

There are some really hot ladies who are the exact opposite of the hot chick with the bad attitude. Some of these women are real gems because their good looks is reflective of their personalities. Sweet, carring, honest, gentle and respectful to men. They are beautiful women in general and I absolutely love these kinds of ladies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships