Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 11:34 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times

Advertisements

Because you are dealing with a higher % of women in the higher socio economic class. Many who have better diets and take care of their bodies. Other public domains such as the supermarket, you see a greater % of low socio economic people.
It does vary greatly from airport to airport and location to location though.

Also many attractive girls/women are into traveling. Its the same if you go mountain hiking or sking/snowboarding your chances of seeing attractive girls/women increases significantly than many other public domains.

Last edited by dave nz; 06-13-2013 at 11:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I fly quite a bit, but I'm definitely not a yuppie. I'm married with 3 kids and I'm a sahm. I'm here and my family and friends are in Europe. I used to get extremely cheap flights working at an airline. Now I have to pay for the flights or one of my uncles will cover it to see me. I get antsy if I go too long without seeing them. And lots of mothers shop at Whole Foods. That's not a yuppie thing to do. It's a good store.
People of low socioeconomic status can't even afford "extremely cheap" flights, let alone regular ones across the Atlantic, and don't have uncles who can afford to "cover it." They also can't afford to be SAHMs. You may not view yourself as a yuppie, but you can bet that many do.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Because you are dealing with a higher % of women in the higher socio economic class. Many who have better diets and take care of their bodies.
Yep...not to mention being able to afford things like beauty products, orthodontics and plastic surgery. People who have enough free time and money to fly are more likely to have enough free time and money to maximize their attractiveness potential. Also, while this is kinda sad, attractive people are much more likely to get higher paying jobs and/or to marry people with more money, which enables them to travel more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Other public domains such as the supermarket, you see a greater % of low socio economic people.
That depends on the supermarket, too, at least here in the U.S. Whole Foods or Walmart?

Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Now I gotta friend monemi just so I can see her pic .

I admonish myself for thinking long dreadlocks are cute, bec they are usually attached to flakes and/or stoners...
Was it all that you imagined or a huge disappointment?

Old 06-14-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
You may not view yourself as a yuppie, but you can bet that many do.
I take public transit and don't own a car. I can't picture yuppies as the sort to ride a bakfiets. Aren't yuppies flashy?

Old 06-14-2013, 09:56 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,163,314 times
there are more people in general
people at airports are (for the most part) not lower class and can afford basic grooming stuff

Old 06-14-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
That depends on the supermarket, too, at least here in the U.S. Whole Foods or Walmart?
I'm not surprised Walmart has so many fat people. Have you seen their produce section?! Last time I tried that the only thing that didn't look weak were the apples. They have fruit flies. If I shopped there for groceries, I'd stick to the chips and pizza. Looks safer.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I take public transit and don't own a car. I can't picture yuppies as the sort to ride a bakfiets. Aren't yuppies flashy?
I don't really care to split hairs on the definition of "yuppie." Regardless of how you or I define the term, rest assured if you can afford to be a stay-at-home-mom and regularly fly internationally, no matter how much you have to scrimp and save to do so, there are people who view you as one. The point the poster was making was not so much about the specific term "yuppie," rather that there are socioeconomic classes who fly more often than others.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
I think when people travel, they try to look their best. Many people are on their way to business conventions, meeting up with new people, meeting a romantic interest, going home and wanting to show they've done well, etc., etc.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I think when people travel, they try to look their best.
This may still be true to an extent, but it's far less true than it used to be. You can see some pretty slovenly-dressed people on planes. I think that's partially due to society becoming more casual, but I also think it's partially due to the effing TSA making everyone practically undress to go through security. It tends to not make people want to wear jackets, belts, or shoes with laces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships