Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 03:37 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,203,686 times

Advertisements

But when I come back home they disappear?

It doesn't matter what state, MN, MA, CA, IL, CO...
Is it some sort of psychological effect, or do my standards change, or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 03:39 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,587,652 times
THey leave because they know youre coming back. haha...i dont know, its kind of an odd observation. Do attractive women travel more?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,563,394 times
I work at a major international airport.
I've noticed the same thing when I travel but I think it's because you're in a new place and everything is instantly more attractive. I've had people tell me they show up where I used to live and see attractive people everywhere and I just don't understand it. When I first came to Boston I thought the same thing, but now that I've lived here and the 'newness' has worn off a bit I've found people are about the same.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:45 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,203,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I work at a major international airport.
I've noticed the same thing when I travel but I think it's because you're in a new place and everything is instantly more attractive. I've had people tell me they show up where I used to live and see attractive people everywhere and I just don't understand it. When I first came to Boston I thought the same thing, but now that I've lived here and the 'newness' has worn off a bit I've found people are about the same.
It would sure be nice to recreate that newness effect, that would like, triple, the women I am attracted to.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:51 PM

977 posts, read 1,811,753 times
This isn't PC, but think about who travels by plane most often - yuppies and other upper middle class and above types. These types are better looking, both men and women. Any place where yuppies congregate, like a Whole Foods, trendy bars and coffeehouses, contains a higher % of good looking people.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,563,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
It would sure be nice to recreate that newness effect, that would like, triple, the women I am attracted to.
Sounds like a personal problem.

Maybe you should find a job in an airport.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:55 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,847,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
This isn't PC, but think about who travels by plane most often - yuppies and other upper middle class and above types. These types are better looking, both men and women. Any place where yuppies congregate, like a Whole Foods, trendy bars and coffeehouses, contains a higher % of good looking people.
This is about what I was thinking myself.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:09 PM

805 posts, read 1,554,445 times
This is funny because when I travel for work about 80% of the time a man will chat me up a bit. I just figured it was due to boredom on their part, or the fact that they were away and no one was looking over their shoulder while they had a harmless flirt.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:11 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,847,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
This is funny because when I travel for work about 80% of the time a man will chat me up a bit. I just figured it was due to boredom on their part, or the fact that they were away and no one was looking over their shoulder while they had a harmless flirt.
Probably is that.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:11 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,804,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
I fly quite a bit, but I'm definitely not a yuppie. I'm married with 3 kids and I'm a sahm. I'm here and my family and friends are in Europe. I used to get extremely cheap flights working at an airline. Now I have to pay for the flights or one of my uncles will cover it to see me. I get antsy if I go too long without seeing them. And lots of mothers shop at Whole Foods. That's not a yuppie thing to do. It's a good store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships