Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 05:20 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
Save any talk for after she's done, at the water fountain, in the lobby area, etc.
Definitely valid strategies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 05:38 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Game at the gym? Once I get into the workout area, every other living creature is tuned out. Its just me, my music and my workout routine. I dont even acknowledge the regulars to avoid being interrupted. Too many go to the gym for the wrong reasons...

Old 06-17-2013, 07:33 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Mod cut: Orphaned.

When I'm at the gym, its all business. I would hate for someone to bother me, and I'm sure most women in there feel the same way.

I think its creepy going around gyms stalking women to hit on.
Good answer. If your business in the gym is not to work out and get in shape, you have no business being in the gym.

Nothing wrong with saying hello to someone after the workout is done. She'll wait for me if she wants to talk to me and I will do the same if I want to introduce myself. If I don't catch her after my workout, oh well too bad. Maybe I'll catch her the next time at the gym.

Don't be creeping out the ladies in the gym with your best Saturday night lines. You might get your a$$ blasted if you approach the wrong woman.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
During all the times I've been at the gym, I've actually never witnessed a guy cold approach a girl. Either the guys who do this are all very subtle or it just never happens. I imagine the only way it could work is if you actually see the same girl over and over and gradually work your way from small talk to something more serious. Honestly I just don't see the point. There are other places to find good looking women in decent shape.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:51 PM

810 posts, read 1,808,328 times
Alright, I want to chime in.

I like women with muscle. I love a woman who knows how to lift. Wouldn't it make sense to find said person who is into that at a gym?

And no, I am not into the woman with dolled-up makeup lifting the puny pink weights. I want the woman who is putting serious weight squatting, benching and deadlifting, please!

Old 06-18-2013, 05:16 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post

I like women with muscle. I love a woman who knows how to lift. Wouldn't it make sense to find said person who is into that at a gym?

And no, I am not into the woman with dolled-up makeup lifting the puny pink weights. I want the woman who is putting serious weight squatting, benching and deadlifting, please!
Funny how C-D discussions tend to end up discussing extremes. Dolled-up women lifting puny weights (have you ever seen PINK weights in a gym? I didn't think so) vs. women doing squats with serious barbells. Most women are in the gym to lose some weight and tone up. They're in-between those extremes. Some want to be left alone, others are open to talking to people, including other women. It's easy to ask as someone walks by, "were you waiting for this machine?" or "I'll be done here in a minute", or whatever. If you get a smile with the response, then you can try following up on that another day.

This really isn't a big deal, people. It's not about "cold-approaching" in the sense that you walk up to a complete stranger and ask for her number. The best approach in any context is usually the non-approach. The smile and funny or casual remark, followed up with more if a smile or some sign of interest is forthcoming. Or you wait until you see him/her next time to follow up.

People talk to each other at the gym all the time, you just may not be aware of it. They may ask a question of someone in passing, a couple of guys may be on a break in the corner talking about women, the women may be asking each other about technique, if it's crowded and people are waiting in line for machines, they may strike up a convo (unthinkable as that may seem to some). Talking does happen in gyms, contrary to popular belief. It doesn't mean people aren't serious about their routine and their goals, that's ridiculous.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:13 PM

245 posts, read 317,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post

Nice to meet you.

Yes, I agree it's quite difficult to find other BB types other than at a gym or a competition. But it's just key to save the convo for after the WO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships