Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 08:24 PM

85 posts, read 159,355 times

Advertisements

I found a photo of my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years at a bar with his cousin and older male friend from his work, and two girls. My boyfriends arm is around the woman and he is pulling her in close. His hand is tightened around her hip. They both look happy. And they both look like they were making out. You know that "after" tousled look...he states he went home and nothing arose from this.

He claims the two girls in the photos are lesbians. His friend from work who is an older man, is married with a child; he is stating the same thing. And that his wife knew about him being there.

The story is that the older man invited my bf and his cousin to a bar where these two women were. He states he knows the women and are friends with them. My boyfriend and I had a huge altercation and wants me back. During our altercation he was so mad that he said he wanted to f@#% her up until he found out she was a lesbian. He states it was a friendly hug. He also told me that he just met her that night and the picture was nothing. But his friend emailed it to him. Why would he email the photo to him if it was nothing?

Also - why would he hug someone he just met in a bar and take a photo with this person, who they are claiming is 100% lesbian.

I don't believe this story for a second. I broke it off at this point and went as far as blocking him.

I'd like to know what you think about this and how you would respond? What would you do? What would you say? What do you think about their story?

He tells me I have to trust him - but here is where this situation hits me hard. He was out in a bar with a woman on my mother's 1 year anniversary since she died, while I was home dealing with that.. He was texting me - you know the guilty conscience checking up on your partner to make sure they won't accidently show up sort of texting. He said he was out with the guys and never mentioned the women at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Sounds like you did the best thing for you. He should have been with you.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:31 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Sometimes, the truth sounds horrible. There is a pretty good chance that everything he said is true and you are the one reading more into the situation. Its pretty obvious that you dont trust him so may be its best to not be together.

Id hate to be with someone that'll question my every move...even when i'm out and thinking about them. A man that is going to cheat will do so regardless of how close you mark him....remember that.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Sometimes, the truth sounds horrible. There is a pretty good chance that everything he said is true and you are the one reading more into the situation. Its pretty obvious that you dont trust him so may be its best to not be together.

Id hate to be with someone that'll question my every move...even when i'm out and thinking about them. A man that is going to cheat will do so regardless of how close you mark him....remember that.
I'm fully aware that a man will do what he pleases and yes you are right I maybe reading into it. But I am asking for an objective perspective based on what stands out to me.

I've been cheated on before. This feels like that.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:38 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Exactly how did you find this photo? Snooping in his email or on his phone? Did you have reason to suspect something was up prior to finding this photo?

Old 06-18-2013, 08:39 PM

--might I also add that he offered to provide her contact information and asked me to call her as back-up to his story. As a woman, I know better. We don't engage in this.

However, I don't know if I called him out on this but when I obliged to taking her information with no intention of using it, he said ..uh..I don't have it but I can get it for you.

When you factor in him being there AT ALL, and then his comment about wanting her - that is indicative that I am NOT reading into this situation. I've pretty much summed it up as accurately as it appears.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie stix View Post
I'm fully aware that a man will do what he pleases and yes you are right I maybe reading into it. But I am asking for an objective perspective based on what stands out to me.

I've been cheated on before. This feels like that.
Thats what i was alluding to. You are essentially interpreting his actions through the prism of a previous experience and that isnt fair. I think you should have expressed your disappointment in him choosing to spend time at a bar when you are grieving...perfectly understandable...

but a picture with some random woman? Has he done anything in the past to warrant this sort of reaction?

Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
so, you basically dumped him because you had a gut feeling hes cheating?

Old 06-18-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Exactly how did you find this photo? Snooping in his email or on his phone? Did you have reason to suspect something was up prior to finding this photo?
Social media. On numerous occasions my bf has been tagged in photos by other people. Then he hides them.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie stix View Post
--might I also add that he offered to provide her contact information and asked me to call her as back-up to his story. As a woman, I know better. We don't engage in this.

However, I don't know if I called him out on this but when I obliged to taking her information with no intention of using it, he said ..uh..I don't have it but I can get it for you.

When you factor in him being there AT ALL, and then his comment about wanting her - that is indicative that I am NOT reading into this situation. I've pretty much summed it up as accurately as it appears.
If you are truly convinced that he cheated then you made the right call. You know him better than us...but based on the info presented up to this point, im not convinced he did anything....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships