Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 08:28 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wait, so now we're talking about fat women? Not about women being in denial about being shallow? Did you just change the topic?
Please, it ALWAYS comes down to fat women around here. (Ironically at that, considering more men than women in the U.S. are overweight...they just don't see it..."Hey, I still look good, my old jeans still fit underneath my belly!" or "Hey, men are supposed to be a little beefy...for all that football we play after work, yeah, that's it.")

It always comes down to weight for women and height for men and how cruel and shallow women are. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 PM

217 posts, read 307,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
We don't get older, after all. We don't get zits. It's not possible for any of us to be born with a displeasing body shape despite being at a good weight. We don't have "plain" or "boring" faces, we don't have boobs that are too small, our asses aren't too flat, none of us have noses that are too big, eyes that are too far apart or too close together, thighs that are larger in proportion even at a healthy weight, etc., etc., right?

Full-on ridiculousness and BS.
You get older, but so do guys. It evens out in that category, especially when you consider that women don't have to worry about balding, which guys can get as early as age 16 and it automatically makes them look 10 yrs older.

Zits, body shape, boring faces are also things that men have to deal with. It's actually worse because women can cover up their zits and boring faces with makeup.

Boobs are something you can change. In any case, it's not as big a deal as women think it is. Even the guys who are obsessed with boobs still find Maria Sharapova and Kiera Knightly insanely attractive despite the fact that they're flat-chested.

Noses and eyes are something else that is equally bad for guys and girls.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
This is the answer to the question. I'm just trying to figure out why women deny this fact so much. I'm not saying most because from my experience dating and meeting, all women usually make their decisions on a variety of things...things as a man you can not really change. However you can change how you look.
Can a woman help it if she's considered way too tall? (We have examples of that right here on CD.)

Can a woman help it if she has a homely facial structure?

Can a woman help it if she has an unappealing waist-hip ratio despite exercise and a healthy diet?

Can a woman help it if she has some condition or other that makes her look visually unappealing?

Stop whining and crying. We all have issues we "can't change" physically (or, most of us do). Making it a one-upmanship thing ("Oh yeah? Well it's WAY worse to be disliked for being short than it is for a woman to be disliked for being naturally homely/having a flat ass/no boobs/being too old/etc.") is just babyish...and a way to deflect responsibility.

If you're not getting women, trust me: it's not your height. I see tons of short men with wives or girlfriends. Just because you can't have "all women" (due to some having a preference for height) is no excuse for not getting any women.

That's just ridiculous, a cop-out and something to hide behind.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
You get older, but so do guys. It evens out in that category, especially when you consider that women don't have to worry about balding, which guys can get as early as age 16 and it automatically makes them look 10 yrs older.

Zits, body shape, boring faces are also things that men have to deal with. It's actually worse because women can cover up their zits and boring faces with makeup.

Boobs are something you can change. In any case, it's not as big a deal as women think it is. Even the guys who are obsessed with boobs still find Maria Sharapova and Kiera Knightly insanely attractive despite the fact that they're flat-chested.

Noses and eyes are something else that is equally bad for guys and girls.
My point is that many, in fact probably most, of us have physical traits that can't be permanently changed (you suggest makeup, might I suggest higher heeled shoes for you?), and that make us a "no-go" in a large portion of people's list of desired traits, so stop crying about it. We all deal. You can deal too.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:37 PM

105 posts, read 91,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Please, it ALWAYS comes down to fat women around here. (Ironically at that, considering more men than women in the U.S. are overweight...they just don't see it..."Hey, I still look good, my old jeans still fit underneath my belly!" or "Hey, men are supposed to be a little beefy...for all that football we play after work, yeah, that's it.")

It always comes down to weight for women and height for men and how cruel and shallow women are. Lather, rinse, repeat.
You can't control your height but you can control how much you weigh. I have a co worker who was morbidly obese a couple years ago. Now after losing so much weight, I'm trying to ponder if I should ask her out and deal with the office drama. Many men in the office are pondering the same question. I didn't disqualify her, I just wasnt attracted to her at that time. Height is something you can't control. A regular poster named short Asian doctors usually voiced out his frustrations that he wasnt getting dates because of his race and his height. That's cruel and manipulative? Being rejected from matters outside your control. Women are more shallow, bottom line.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:38 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Men mainly choose women by looks, and we tend to overlook everything else.

Women however, are much pickier. Besides looks they are affected by income status, social status, race, etc etc etc.
That's because some men lead with their little head. If you are looking for a lay, why would you give a **** about her income, social status, race...etc.

If you are looking long-term and those things don't matter, then maybe you should consider them if you are going to spend the rest of your life with this person. Why would anyone want to spend their life with a pretty package when the contents could be rotten and vile?

Wisen up. Seems to me some people have figured all this out already. It's not all about the pretty package.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Those physical traits can be changed though. I know for sure that I could careless what ethnicity she is, her height, if she is privileged, a naturally born passion (like a love for video games and computers). This is why I just don't understand why women who are overweight just don't lose weight. They would be able to be more shallow if they make an effort to lose weight. I know some men could care less, but overall it's been ingrained in mainstream American society that overweight women are not attractive.

I've done the online dating game and the only way I can get a hottie on those sites is if I offer something big. However I always get messages from big women of different races. Those big women are shallow though. I have a friend who is big as well, but those women contacting me won't reply back to any of his messages, even if he offers to take them out to this concert or sporting event.
Really? Please, let me know how I can become shorter or change the way my skeleton is shaped without surgery. I'd really love to know.

Surgery is out for me because I scar horribly so that's simply not an option.

And what if you're a great and healthy weight but carry it all in your stomach? or your thighs? Or if you lost weight and now have saggy skin? I'd really love to know how you can fix saggy skin or stretch marks from pregnancy or weight loss without surgery.

If you're not getting the 'hotties' using online dating (but no, it's not shallow at all to only aim for the 'hotties') then you're probably not as great as you think you are. You complain about 'fatties' messaging you but those 'hotties' are probably complaining about you messaging them as well.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
You can't control your height but you can control how much you weigh. I have a co worker who was morbidly obese a couple years ago. Now after losing so much weight, I'm trying to ponder if I should ask her out and deal with the office drama. Many men in the office are pondering the same question. I didn't disqualify her, I just wasnt attracted to her at that time. Height is something you can't control. A regular poster named short Asian doctors usually voiced out his frustrations that he wasnt getting dates because of his race and his height. That's cruel and manipulative? Being rejected from matters outside your control. Women are more shallow, bottom line.
Again.

So freakin' what?

You have a preference: a low weight. Some women have the preference for men of a greater height.

Having preferences even if the person "can't help it" isn't "cruel and manipulative." It is human nature. You can cry about this all you want but you will never change those preferences because it's somehow "mean" of women to have them.

And "getting women to admit" that they have preferences will never, ever, ever help you in the dating world.

So it comes down to one thing: your point in this thread is simply to use your height as an excuse to dislike women and call them somehow bad. Okay, you've succeeded. (shrug) We're bad, for things you've specified which personally affect you, as you are the one who's somehow in a position to decide this.

Good luck with all that.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
And hopefully she shoots all of you down because you're only interested in how she looks.

I had a friend who lost around 250 lbs and all of a sudden all those guys who made fun of her or told her they were just interested in her 'as a friend' started asking her out. She happily declined all of their offers and married a great guy.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

If you're not getting the 'hotties' using online dating (but no, it's not shallow at all to only aim for the 'hotties') then you're probably not as great as you think you are. You complain about 'fatties' messaging you but those 'hotties' are probably complaining about you messaging them as well.
Nail head, meet hammer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships