Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 02:39 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,937,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
Have you set up another date? You have not won the war and the text may just be a call for attention. If she doesn't kiss you on the first date it's not a good sign. So try kissing her on the second date. You already messed up by responding to that text. At times you have to make yourself unavailable for women. I'm almost certain this wont end well for you. If it does, (you actually sleep with her) its a rarity.
1)Yes
2) Please stop giving me your advice. It's nothing but manipulative game playing. Here's my advice to you: find better women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 02:41 PM

105 posts, read 91,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octa View Post
1)Yes
2) Please stop giving me your advice. It's nothing but manipulative game playing. Here's my advice to you: find better women.
Don't say I didn't warn you

Old 06-15-2013, 02:42 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,803,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I will admit, DrPeter does have some points.

I one time went out on a date with a girl, and she texted me right back telling me how much she enjoyed our time together and that I was a very attractive guy. She texted me for a few days, all the time. She'd message every morning and as soon as I'd invite her out, she'd say she can't go.

This happened 3 times and I cut off contact with her.
You and Peter are dating girls under 25 years old. And immature ones at that. Your advice doesn't go very far when talking about a fully grown woman.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:43 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,335,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Yeah, it's tough. I met a girl last year online and she seemed really interested in me on our first date. Now, at that time, I would lurk on here and other sites for advice. Almost everyone says to kiss on the first or second date, otherwise move on as there is no chemistry. We had a second date and I thought our chemistry matched the first. At one point, the time seemed right to move in for a kiss. I did and she TOTALLY weirded out on me. She made the excuse that she had to go home because the thong in her flip-flop hurt her toe . I drove her home and never saw her again.

See how complicating that is? On the first date with my last girlfriend, we kissed two hours into the date. So annoying.
Everyone wants some kind of universal rule on this, but the truth is, any given two people aren't the same, so there are no universals.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:51 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,839,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
You and Peter are dating girls under 25 years old. And immature ones at that. Your advice doesn't go very far when talking about a fully grown woman.

I don't date immature women, if I so happen to go out with one that is immature I drop them quick. Your ideas that women over 25-30 years old are all the sudden mature and don't play games seems to be pretty crazy though, and I think a lot of older guys on here would say it happens quite often.

Please explain how my advice was bad in any way? I was telling the guy that not getting a kiss doesn't mean anything and a lot of women make me wait, even the ones that are crazy about me. I just simply was telling him, that receiving some messages is not a sure sign that she likes him a lot or will even go back out.

You'd think a mature older woman like yourself would be capable of comprehending more than one post.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:00 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,803,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't date immature women, if I so happen to go out with one that is immature I drop them quick. Your ideas that women over 25-30 years old are all the sudden mature and don't play games seems to be pretty crazy though, and I think a lot of older guys on here would say it happens quite often.

Please explain how my advice was bad in any way? I was telling the guy that not getting a kiss doesn't mean anything and a lot of women make me wait, even the ones that are crazy about me. I just simply was telling him, that receiving some messages is not a sure sign that she likes him a lot or will even go back out.

You'd think a mature older woman like yourself would be capable of comprehending more than one post.
Bull****, mature women don't play games. Hopefully, she grows up sometime between 18-25. If she doesn't, that's unfortunate. You're too immature to even see it.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:15 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,839,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Bull****, mature women don't play games. Hopefully, she grows up sometime between 18-25. If she doesn't, that's unfortunate. You're too immature to even see it.
For someone talking about women who are mature, you don't do a very good job of representing them. Hell, your response doesn't even touch what I said... come on lady.. you gotta do better than that.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:32 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,583,059 times
This thread reminds me of this!

Old 06-16-2013, 07:47 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,774,173 times
I've been in relationships with women I didn't kiss on the first date, so I don't think it means anything. I'm not aggressive and typically wait until the second date to make a move. Call her and ask her out again.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:49 PM

51,932 posts, read 52,357,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I've been in relationships with women I didn't kiss on the first date, so I don't think it means anything. I'm not aggressive and typically wait until the second date to make a move. Call her and ask her out again.
I don't kiss a woman on the first date either... I wouldn't frame that as being non-aggressive, I call it polite......

I'm old school.... I didn't know I was old school til just recently........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships