Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 06:38 AM

9 posts, read 12,104 times

Advertisements

So my friend asked me 3 times to cuddle, saying she needed a hug. Well, the day we were supposed to hang out, we didn't and ultimately she dropped the subject for some reason god knows why lol. I'm perplexed, she does this quite often when we make schedules to hang out and chill. She has anxiety problems and anti-social problems, shes really cute and soft spoken (kind of a nut with conspiracy theories). If I didn't know any better, I'd say she got nervous and cold feet and bailed. She loves making excuses, but sometimes we hang out, and when we do hangout its usually for hours and we have a good time. I like her. (She even suggested spending the night at my house in my bed).

Notes
-She asked me out twice.
-I took her on a date once (lasted until 3AM).

What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 06:40 AM

61,428 posts, read 86,506,480 times
Maybe she didn't need to be hugged on that day?
Looks like she has days when she feels lonely and is happy to see you, and have good time, and there are the other days...

Old 06-15-2013, 07:35 AM

I guess so lol, it is what it is. I'm not interested in marrying her, no no, just friends, I like her as a friend like I stated at the end of my 1st post. Besides, I'm moving up north next year in the fall after I graduate from college. I dont do long distance anymore. I'm waiting to find a ripe girl with ambitions, goals and independence.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:39 AM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
Give her a pair of your socks for the cold feet.

Then go out with her a few more times to see if she was just nervous or is a flake.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:17 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,944,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelFister View Post
So my friend asked me 3 times to cuddle, saying she needed a hug. Well, the day we were supposed to hang out, we didn't and ultimately she dropped the subject for some reason god knows why lol. I'm perplexed, she does this quite often when we make schedules to hang out and chill. She has anxiety problems and anti-social problems, shes really cute and soft spoken (kind of a nut with conspiracy theories). If I didn't know any better, I'd say she got nervous and cold feet and bailed. She loves making excuses, but sometimes we hang out, and when we do hangout its usually for hours and we have a good time. I like her. (She even suggested spending the night at my house in my bed).

Notes
-She asked me out twice.

What do you guys think?
I think you answered your own question. She has anxiety and anti-social problems. It makes it difficult for her to go out, then when she does it makes it difficult for her to loosen up a little and relax. She does some, to the point where she has fun, but not so much that she follows through on her desire to hug or be closer.

This isn't your fault, nor anything you can fix.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:30 AM

^yeah that is what I suspect, she alone can only fix herself or be set in her present ways. Who knows.

Thanks.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:27 AM

664 posts, read 1,033,832 times
I think you need more muscles and a hairy chest.

Rock like forearms and bulky biceps.

Buns of steel that are rock hard.

They never say no to "cuddling" then..

YMMV

Old 06-15-2013, 11:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelFister View Post

Notes
-She asked me out twice.

What do you guys think?
Throw her back!

Seriously. Nothing worse than someone you cannot trust or count on.

Deal breaker!

Old 06-15-2013, 11:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times
Is the Bride-to-be coming?

I don't know...she said she would marry me.

8 months into the pregnancy with your first child... I can't do this!!!

Old 06-15-2013, 11:10 AM

11,380 posts, read 24,385,676 times
Flowers. Get her a corny bouquet of zinnias and put them in a jar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships