Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 07:51 AM

26,683 posts, read 41,553,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI2070 View Post
Breaking the law isn't what I would call honest. Neither is assistance to the drug trade.....or various other criminal acts that go with hookers and their pimps.

He could even find himself "rolled" or killed if he isn't careful.
Prostitution is like speeding or recreational drug use, unlawful but a lot more do it who don't get caught for it. I personally think it should be legal and regulated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I see no problems with a man visiting a prostitute. I would prefer not to date a man that frequented prostitutes, but I'm sure there are women out there who don't care. At least in that case it's consensual and both parties know exactly what they're getting into. I would hope that Guy A would have the decency to tell romantic partners about his past though, preferably before engaging in sex.

For Guy B... not cool. He's manipulating and harming others. Just...no.

I wonder how you feel about women with the same attitude though? What if a woman wants to experiences and have sex with as many partners as possible before settling down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros
Guy B is worse. But, yeah, Guy A better tell any sex partners he has in the future (prior to having sex with them) that he's been to prostitutes ... or else he becomes worse (because prostitutes have a high rate of STDs).
I'd personally place any history with prostitutes under don't ask, don't tell as long as my STD tests come back clean.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:05 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,417,019 times
It all depends on if you're talking about a prostitute in Detroit? Or a prostitute in Nevada. I'll answer assuming it's Nevada.

Guy A has more money, but he's lonelier yet stress free.

Guy B has STDs and a full social calendar, but he'll probably die earlier due to the stress of lying and arguing with the women he's jilting.

I'll opt for A

Old 06-16-2013, 08:11 AM

601 posts, read 1,071,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Here are two situations.

Guy A wants to sleep with a variety of women, but hates lying to them so decides to just pay for it to avoid time, drama, and the lies.

Guy B wants to sleep with a variety of women and doesn't care what he says in order to sleep with various women. It's all about sex. He makes up lies about his life in order to create attraction and pretends to want relationships and once he sleeps with them he moves on to the next conquest.

Both men are equal in looks, financial status, education, social status, age, and both have no trouble getting into relationships but both just want to have as much sex as they can with different women before they settle down.

Who's worse? The guy sleeping with prostitutes or the guy who lies to women to sleep around? Or are they both equally bad?
I would say what's worse is the situation of Guy A but not Guy A as a person. If he's paying for some action that can get pricey. Now Guy B is just sprinkling game, he on some playboy pimpin type of deal.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:20 AM

10,931 posts, read 11,668,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Oh good grief, isn't there something you need to be doing outside in the yard away from the computer?

Does it matter what others think about how you live your life? Do what you want, it is your life, your decision, your morals, your health, your money.

Good point. I was going to trim my hedge, but it started to rain hard and hasn't stopped.

I've been looking at this thread for 10 minutes and I can't find anything stupid enough to do it justice.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:48 PM

5 posts, read 7,245 times
The one sleeping with prostitutes is doing no harm, really. Having said that, is it really so difficult to find a woman who's also only interested in sex?

Old 06-16-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphyxia View Post
The one sleeping with prostitutes is doing no harm, really. Having said that, is it really so difficult to find a woman who's also only interested in sex?
If it were that easy, there would not be much a market for prostitution wouldn't ya think?

Old 06-16-2013, 04:04 PM

44,990 posts, read 59,979,707 times
If your friend (right) is "sleeping" with prostitutes he doesn't seem to understand the concept.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:48 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Who's worse? The guy sleeping with prostitutes or the guy who lies to women to sleep around? Or are they both equally bad?
Seems to be a no brainer to me. One guy is engaged in lying and dishonesty while the other guy is engaged in something I see no reason to consider immoral - the exchange of sexual services for money.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:59 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,425,300 times
Lying to deceive is much worse. Prostitution is not mentioned in the Ten Commandments. Lying is. Adultery is also there, so going to a prostitute while you're married is absolutely no good. Prostitution is cited many times in the Bible, and it is clearly a sinful activity, but it is not condemned as strongly as adultery or homosexual acts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships