Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 02:50 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
Before I cared about women, my life was so much better. I didn't feel like I was a failure in the dating market (which really is like a market even if you don't like to think of it that way), because I had never even tried! If you don't try, you don't run the possibility of failing.

Men are judged in part on their ability to attract women. It seems like the guys who are able to do it are just born that way. Who knows, though. Women can be vicious. They can completely wreck a guy's self-esteem. I'm starting to realize now how picky they are and how they're basically in a position of power because they're the sexual gatekeepers and they don't have the need like we do.

I think I mentioned this before, but when I lived in a fraternity I got to see firsthand how the aphorism that "10% of the men get 90% of the women" plays out. There was 1 guy in my house who all the women were obsessed with. I'm not exaggerating when I say that, for the short time he was living in, there was a trail of sorority girls trickling through the house just because they wanted to get ****ed by him. I've realized the common-sense principle that most guys are completely worthless to women. "Sperm is cheap, eggs are expensive" is the mantra. I am basically an evolutionary loser, unfit to pass on my genes.

I'm throwing in the towel with the whole dating thing. It's depressing to think about. I'm ready to move on with other aspects of my life, to put my pursuit of women in the past where it belongs.

I, Jason, hereby surrender to the dating scene.

I don't let it get to me anymore because I can't control the intentions of a woman. I;m at the point now that "if it happens it happens" and "if it doesn't then oh well"

Too many other things for me to think about like

my bank account
my job stability
my career goals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 03:07 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I am looking forward to reposting this thread the next time OP posts about how horrible women are and how he can't "get" one. I give it 48 hours.

Sometimes it astounds me how un-self-aware young desperate men can be. Do they not see how ridiculous they look crying and whining about how unpopular they are?
During one of my web searches, I stumbled on the same OP on loveshack.org forum. word for word. From what I can guess, he's just looking for attention; nothing more.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:51 PM

348 posts, read 549,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This needs to be made into a "sticky" post.

This whole issue reminds me of the guys who complain that they go to bars, but only meet skanky women, or else the women travel in packs, so they can't approach them. It's the same problem, transferred to post-college life. If you only go to venues that attract party-ers, your options are going to be limited to the people those venues attract. (Is that a no-brainer, or is it just me?) Branch out. Bars aren't the only places on Earth where you can meet women.
So true.

Thing is, lots of non-skanky women go to bars and women travel in packs yet still want to be approached. Anyway, bars certainly aren't the only place to meet women. Parties, concerts, work...it just requires a little bit of effort.

Most guys just make it so complicated. "Girls only like rich guys", "I'm not tall enough", "I can't think of anything clever to say"...just go up to a girl and introduce yourself and don't be weird about it. Ask them about their job or compliment them on their shoes or purse, chances are she'll want to talk about all three. Point being is there is no secret to discover that will make someone better with women, just that practice makes perfect.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
So true.

Thing is, lots of non-skanky women go to bars and women travel in packs yet still want to be approached. Anyway, bars certainly aren't the only place to meet women. Parties, concerts, work...it just requires a little bit of effort.

Most guys just make it so complicated. "Girls only like rich guys", "I'm not tall enough", "I can't think of anything clever to say"...just go up to a girl and introduce yourself and don't be weird about it. Ask them about their job or compliment them on their shoes or purse, chances are she'll want to talk about all three. Point being is there is no secret to discover that will make someone better with women, just that practice makes perfect.
I've never quite understood the whole 'only skanky people go to bars' when it's coming from someone who regularly goes to bars...I mean, wouldn't that make them skanky as well? I've met some of my closest friends at out of the way dive bars and they're pretty fantastic people....have I met some undesirable people? Absolutely! But I haven't noticed they were in a higher concentration at bars.

And I travel alone most of the time, and still don't get approached. So if a woman is alone, she's not approachable and if she's in a group she's not approachable...so basically they're afraid to approach a woman at all.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:52 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've never quite understood the whole 'only skanky people go to bars' when it's coming from someone who regularly goes to bars...I mean, wouldn't that make them skanky as well? I've met some of my closest friends at out of the way dive bars and they're pretty fantastic people....have I met some undesirable people? Absolutely! But I haven't noticed they were in a higher concentration at bars.

And I travel alone most of the time, and still don't get approached. So if a woman is alone, she's not approachable and if she's in a group she's not approachable...so basically they're afraid to approach a woman at all.

Why would a classy woman who doesn't smoke want to be in the atmosphere of a singles bar???

Old 06-16-2013, 04:54 PM

52,221 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
So true.

Yeah, I agree, I was never a huge playboy when I was single, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal to meet women, they still put on the pants one leg at a time.... assuming she's not wearing a dress...

I agree with the bar thing too... everyone here always talks shyt about bars and how meeting people at bars is just wrong and nothing but skanks... well, if that were so true, why the f are there so many bars and why is happy hours jammed packed in a lot of places... since you know.. no one meets people at bars, right....

Old 06-16-2013, 05:23 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Why would a classy woman who doesn't smoke want to be in the atmosphere of a singles bar???
You can't smoke in bars...I don't smoke. And not every bar is a 'singles bar'. In fact, most of the time I go to bars it's with couples.

And obviously you've never been to an upscale cocktail/whiskey bar. Or one of the difficult to get into bars in places like Vegas or LA.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:37 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,992,608 times
I was like, 'There are still places where it's legal to smoke in bars?'

Maybe in Russia or something, where people have bigger worries than future lung cancer and wrinkles.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:44 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You can't smoke in bars...I don't smoke. And not every bar is a 'singles bar'. In fact, most of the time I go to bars it's with couples.

And obviously you've never been to an upscale cocktail/whiskey bar. Or one of the difficult to get into bars in places like Vegas or LA.

I think they call those Lounges

Old 06-16-2013, 06:02 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I think they call those Lounges
Yeah, where all the tools and wanna be's hang out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships