Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 10:10 AM

217 posts, read 307,460 times

Advertisements

Before I cared about women, my life was so much better. I didn't feel like I was a failure in the dating market (which really is like a market even if you don't like to think of it that way), because I had never even tried! If you don't try, you don't run the possibility of failing.

Men are judged in part on their ability to attract women. It seems like the guys who are able to do it are just born that way. Who knows, though. Women can be vicious. They can completely wreck a guy's self-esteem. I'm starting to realize now how picky they are and how they're basically in a position of power because they're the sexual gatekeepers and they don't have the need like we do.

I think I mentioned this before, but when I lived in a fraternity I got to see firsthand how the aphorism that "10% of the men get 90% of the women" plays out. There was 1 guy in my house who all the women were obsessed with. I'm not exaggerating when I say that, for the short time he was living in, there was a trail of sorority girls trickling through the house just because they wanted to get ****ed by him. I've realized the common-sense principle that most guys are completely worthless to women. "Sperm is cheap, eggs are expensive" is the mantra. I am basically an evolutionary loser, unfit to pass on my genes.

I'm throwing in the towel with the whole dating thing. It's depressing to think about. I'm ready to move on with other aspects of my life, to put my pursuit of women in the past where it belongs.

I, Jason, hereby surrender to the dating scene.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 10:12 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Playing a Sad Tune on Tiny Violin - YouTube

Old 06-15-2013, 10:15 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
While I understand that you are frustrated and needing to vent, you should know that a whiners attitude will never get you what you really want.

And no matter how much you deny it, we all know what you really want.

So go ahead, take 5 minutes to moan and groan some more - get it out of your system - then be a man and suck it up.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:18 AM

217 posts, read 307,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
While I understand that you are frustrated and needing to vent, you should know that a whiners attitude will never get you what you really want.

And no matter how much you deny it, we all know what you really want.

So go ahead, take 5 minutes to moan and groan some more - get it out of your system - then be a man and suck it up.
Typical female response. I didn't expect anything different.

"It's obviously your whiney attitude that turns of women" (as if you have any evidence that I carry this attitude in real life. For your information, honey, I keep up a confident and exuberant facade around people in real life.)

Old 06-15-2013, 10:21 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
Before I cared about women, my life was so much better. I didn't feel like I was a failure in the dating market (which really is like a market even if you don't like to think of it that way), because I had never even tried! If you don't try, you don't run the possibility of failing.

Men are judged in part on their ability to attract women. It seems like the guys who are able to do it are just born that way. Who knows, though. Women can be vicious. They can completely wreck a guy's self-esteem. I'm starting to realize now how picky they are and how they're basically in a position of power because they're the sexual gatekeepers and they don't have the need like we do.

I think I mentioned this before, but when I lived in a fraternity I got to see firsthand how the aphorism that "10% of the men get 90% of the women" plays out. There was 1 guy in my house who all the women were obsessed with. I'm not exaggerating when I say that, for the short time he was living in, there was a trail of sorority girls trickling through the house just because they wanted to get ****ed by him. I've realized the common-sense principle that most guys are completely worthless to women. "Sperm is cheap, eggs are expensive" is the mantra. I am basically an evolutionary loser, unfit to pass on my genes.

I'm throwing in the towel with the whole dating thing. It's depressing to think about. I'm ready to move on with other aspects of my life, to put my pursuit of women in the past where it belongs.

I, Jason, hereby surrender to the dating scene.
Good luck in your future adventures and I do hope you find the happiness you are seeking very soon.
In the mean time I do hope you take a vacation from complaining about how empty your life is because you are not dating.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:22 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Dating can be easy for a guy, you just have to know what youre doing. As to figuring out who women are and their true nature, can be a bag of mixed feelings.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:22 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Okay?

I've given up on having a relationship too...but honestly nobody cares. About you, me, or anyone else. You come across as a tad narcissistic and you blame women for your shortcomings. Hell, even *I* know it's my fault I can't get into a relationship...maybe you should re-evaluate yourself.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:24 AM

588 posts, read 957,318 times
GlitteringPrizes,
I am so sorry you feel that most women are vicious. And that you think only a small percentage of men get all the women. But I just have to say there are nice, genuine, down-to-earth females out there who want nice guys. I agree that you should hang in there and don't give up. You will meet a woman who likes you and is not following others to be with Mr. Shallow.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:26 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,739,613 times
Did you have a bad night last night?

Old 06-15-2013, 10:27 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships