Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 07:22 PM

66 posts, read 78,675 times

Advertisements

I think I just need to talk through this, but would appreciate any insightful/honest comments if you have them. I'm 23, a girl, and I've never done anything remotely sexual with a guy yet. Not to say that I haven't had the opportunity, but I just don't roll like that and haven't been in a relationship serious enough to the point of getting physical. Nope, never even kissed a guy.

There's this friend - I've been friends with him for 5+ years. I've always liked him, but he's sort of a play boy (I know, I know...) and he's always refused to start anything with me because he knows what he's like and he doesn't want to "cheapen" our relationship. I understood and we've definitely been through our ups and downs, but hes the closest guy friend I have. He totally gets me and even though there's always a sexual undertone, he's been respectful etc.

He's visiting for 2 days starting tomorrow. He said that if I wanted to, we could get a little physical. I am ready for it. At the same time though, I'm beginning to think what he said at the start of our relationship was true (well, I know it was) and that I should tell him no because he was right, that it would be a first for me but just a number for him. Neither of us want to date seriously right now -- so this would pretty much be a FWB situation. There's no way I would sleep with him, but I'm trying to decide what I should do if he does attempt to kiss me. Because I do want to kiss him, and I feel like at this point I should let go a little bit and experience it.

Anyway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 07:40 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
I would like to know why so many virgins feel the need to announce that they are a virgin?

Doing so just puts others focus on your virginity (where it should not be).

Suddenly, you get people who become obsessed with taking your virginity, but not you. And, yes, some will be very very patient, especially if they are seeing other people at the same time.

It's best to keep that quiet until right before you do the deed.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:44 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,019,456 times
If you don't want to be physical with him, be clear about the boundaries. And then stick to your guns.

Doing anything with him WILL change the current friendship you have with him. Be prepared and don't be surprised if you do go down that slippery slope.

I am with srjth on this ...

.... If a guy knows you're a virgin, you just gave him a goal. Don't sell yourself out like that.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:48 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
no one can answer this but you,,,,,you arent 15, so you can do as you damn well please,,,and if that means letting your guard down, and trying something new,,,,thats totally up to you..

the advantage of this guy with experimenting, is that you already trust him,,,and he will be totally considerate and patient.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:09 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
no one can answer this but you,,,,,you arent 15, so you can do as you damn well please,,,and if that means letting your guard down, and trying something new,,,,thats totally up to you..

the advantage of this guy with experimenting, is that you already trust him,,,and he will be totally considerate and patient.
I agree with this.

I mean, at some point you will want to explore this. I do think it's better with a trusted friend. You are going to weird yourself out about it to the point that you can't do anything even when you really really want to.

Just let your guard down and flirt a lot, and have some fun. Decide in advance what your boundaries are, and tell him, but don't be surprised if that all goes out the window once you begin "experimenting."

BTW, how did this conversation go where he "mentioned you could get physical" when he visits?

Old 06-15-2013, 08:35 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedayisbrave View Post
I think I just need to talk through this, but would appreciate any insightful/honest comments if you have them. I'm 23, a girl, and I've never done anything remotely sexual with a guy yet. Not to say that I haven't had the opportunity, but I just don't roll like that and haven't been in a relationship serious enough to the point of getting physical. Nope, never even kissed a guy.

There's this friend - I've been friends with him for 5+ years. I've always liked him, but he's sort of a play boy (I know, I know...) and he's always refused to start anything with me because he knows what he's like and he doesn't want to "cheapen" our relationship. I understood and we've definitely been through our ups and downs, but hes the closest guy friend I have. He totally gets me and even though there's always a sexual undertone, he's been respectful etc.

He's visiting for 2 days starting tomorrow. He said that if I wanted to, we could get a little physical. I am ready for it. At the same time though, I'm beginning to think what he said at the start of our relationship was true (well, I know it was) and that I should tell him no because he was right, that it would be a first for me but just a number for him. Neither of us want to date seriously right now -- so this would pretty much be a FWB situation. There's no way I would sleep with him, but I'm trying to decide what I should do if he does attempt to kiss me. Because I do want to kiss him, and I feel like at this point I should let go a little bit and experience it.

Anyway...
What were his exact words. No man says, "I'm coming for two days, and if you want to, we could get a little physical." Wait, maybe there is some idiot that might say that. There is no woman to whom that phrase would make her excited. Well maybe a few, but that is a serious weird choice of words.

WTF is "A little physical?" Is that foreplay? Is that him in an M. Bison suit and you as Chun Li?

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:41 PM..

Old 06-15-2013, 08:39 PM

66 posts, read 78,675 times
Haha, you guys are too much! I paraphrased him a bit, didn't want to get into all the details. Anyway, we always text/joke sexually so it's pretty much always there. But no, he didn't say "get physical" - I did - but that is the gist of what he said. I believe his exact words might have been "I know we've been texting sexually or whatever but if you want to, we could do something".

Old 06-15-2013, 08:45 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
You said FWB. The"B" part is sex. Or at least some form of sex . "I do want to kiss him."

What, pray tell, do you want to do.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:10 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times
23 and never kissed??? get into it ASAP you are missing on MAGIC

Old 06-15-2013, 09:15 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
So you've been flirting with him...sexting.

You both need to be clear about your intentions, and if they are really, honestly the same, then act accordingly.

But if you know he's a player and he's been giving you the old, "I don't want to cheapen our friendship...." line, then remember that when you do get physical.

Don't let your expectations get the best of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships