Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 07:32 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,093 times

Advertisements

I'm a straight guy & love bi women. I haven't dated as many of them as I would like. However, it turns me on when I'm dating a woman who likes sleeping with other women.

That being said, as far as I'm concerned not all women who have slept with other women are necessarily bi. I have dated women who have said they've slept with other women, weren't that into it, and strongly prefer men - not sure I would consider them bi. Conversely, I've also dated women who seem to be equally cool with dating either guys or girls - I would consider them bi.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 10-24-2015 at 08:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 03:59 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,425,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
You two should either take it to DM or....... Get married.
I am not sure if you have anything actually related to the topic to add that I can discuss with you? Your advice would seem superfluous given the fact the other user has simply run away. Do you have anything on the topic of straight men dating bisexual women to add that I can maybe discuss with you?

Old 10-27-2015, 05:37 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
I am not sure if you have anything actually related to the topic to add that I can discuss with you? Your advice would seem superfluous given the fact the other user has simply run away. Do you have anything on the topic of straight men dating bisexual women to add that I can maybe discuss with you?
Is this what you do, seriously? You wait until someone has given you the last word in a discussion that is clearly going nowhere, and when you think they're also not reading the thread anymore, you claim they ran away?

Anyway, as "superfluous" as that post was, surely your posting again just to criticize them for it qualifies as superfluous as well...

Old 10-27-2015, 06:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
I'm a straight guy & love bi women. I haven't dated as many of them as I would like. However, it turns me on when I'm dating a woman who likes sleeping with other women.

That being said, as far as I'm concerned not all women who have slept with other women are necessarily bi. I have dated women who have said they've slept with other women, weren't that into it, and strongly prefer men - not sure I would consider them bi. Conversely, I've also dated women who seem to be equally cool with dating either guys or girls - I would consider them bi.
The reality is that binary, black-and-white labels (you're either THIS or you're THAT) are too simplistic to be applied to a lot of people. It's a pretty common misconception that bisexual people enjoy both sexes equally. Experimenting in the past doesn't make someone gay now; heck, you can be having gay sex today and still not be gay. A woman can be a virgin and a lesbian. Trying to label people is like nailing Jell-O to a wall, so I tend to let people label themselves and leave it at that.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:56 PM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The reality is that binary, black-and-white labels (you're either THIS or you're THAT) are too simplistic to be applied to a lot of people. It's a pretty common misconception that bisexual people enjoy both sexes equally. Experimenting in the past doesn't make someone gay now; heck, you can be having gay sex today and still not be gay. A woman can be a virgin and a lesbian. Trying to label people is like nailing Jell-O to a wall, so I tend to let people label themselves and leave it at that.
That seems to be the best and safest way to go.

"Are there particular pronouns I should be aware of?"

In the fetish scene, you get so many people identifying as tons of things. It's easy to just not question any of it, shrug, get on with life.

I consider myself bisexual, but I've had many more male partners than female, it's been nearly 20 years since I was with a woman, until I got involved with the lady in my present group, and women are only like 10% of my sexual history. But...when it has happened, that rare connection has been precious and treasured to me. It's not that I prefer men, it's just that men are...easier. For me to find compatibility with, that is, or something...it's not often I meet a woman I want to be intimate with, but when I do, it's very special and easily as significant to me as any interaction I could have with a man.

In fact, I would have a MUCH harder time having casual, meaningless sex, with a woman. As much as I'm not into that with men, even less so with women. I want the deeper undercurrents of emotion and friendship and even love to be there.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Is this what you do, seriously? You wait until someone has given you the last word in a discussion that is clearly going nowhere, and when you think they're also not reading the thread anymore, you claim they ran away? Anyway, as "superfluous" as that post was, surely your posting again just to criticize them for it qualifies as superfluous as well...
Attempting to get someone to post something on topic is never superfluous - especially if you are interested in what they have to say. As for when I describe someone as running away - I only do that when they ran away. Never any other time.

The simple facts are that this is a thread about straight men dating Bi Women. The point that was made was that there is some assumption that bi-sexual people are more likely to cheat - merely because they like more people. cyberphonics is correct in what he said - there is no more reason to think that them liking both men and women makes them more likely to cheat that - say - me liking short blondes and tall brunettes means I am more likely to cheat with one - if I am going out with the other.

He points out that female friends can sleep in the same bed, hold hands, sit on each other's laps, hug and kiss each other on the cheek, undress in front of each other and more. I would add to this that so CAN male friends. And male-female friends. And Adults and children. And more.

Your reply to this was to declare that grown adults "should" not be doing such things - and that some of these things are "weird" - and you backed this claim up with - well nothing at all except some nonsense pretence to know what doctors think - and I merely pointed this out.

It is quite simple however. There is a continuum of how people express themselves to those they hold affection for. And in that continuum tactile and physical expressions are included - regardless of whether the object of those expressions is the same sex - the opposite sex - or is in the sex that the person expressing those affections is sexually attracted to. There is also a continuum as to what actions a person feels comfortable doing in front of others such as - the one you listed - undressing in front of people who are not your lover. In fact quite a lot of people do that just fine - nothing weird about it - and only last summer at the peak of the summer temperatures I threw two house parties - based around my outdoor jacuzzi - one being nude only and the other being nude optional. Some people went to one or the other - some to both - no one found it weird - odd - or uncomfortable. And no one judged anyone else for disrobing or not.

There is nothing wrong with this - nothing weird about it - and no reason to think they "should" not be doing such things. And you simply have not provided any such reasons and ran off when you failed to do so.

The OP asks us "Are there any straight men that likes bisexual women, or in my case females who have experienced other females in the pass? And don't mind dating or marrying them?" and the answer is clear and simple. Yes - there are many such men. Why would there not be?

Old 10-28-2015, 04:26 AM

Again, that you're so disingenuous that you won't even admit full-grown adults sleeping together or being naked in front of each other is not the norm is not my problem but is reason enough for me to "run away" from the conversation. But I just find it funny how you do indeed throw that phrase around (with me, at least), despite the fact that I respond to you way more times than I should and finally, after several grueling posts back and forth, give you the last word in the conversation. That is not running! Running would be if I only responded once or not at all. You should use more honest language, with the others if not with me.

No. It's isn't normal behavior. And no, most people would not require some kind of "proof" of that to agree with that much at very least.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:32 AM

Nothing disingenuous about acknowledging reality or not allowing you to make up facts to suit yourself. If you want to make claims that it is not the norm then by all means define exactly what you mean by "norm" and cite that statistics and evidence you are using to show that reality fits this definition. It is very much the norm - in some places more than others sure to varying degrees. And if you want to run away from that - so be it. IF you want to evidence it however - go for it. Certainly however do not make the mistake of conflating the meanings of "norm" and frequencies. Many people make that error in many areas of conversation. For example homosexuality is a minority occurrence. It is not "the norm" therefore - but neither is it not normal or weird. You are simply in danger of jumping between definitions of "norm" - in order to move the goal posts of your initial use of the word "weird" - your inability to support your use of that word - and your desire to invent a new reality you are more comfortable with than the actual one. There is nothing weird about it. Build a bridge.

The simple fact is you not only called this "weird" without evidencing that - but you also declared what grown adults "should not" be doing - and you are running away from that claim too - by focusing on your backpedal switch from "weird" to "norm" - without basing it on anything either. Who are you - and on what basis - to be declaring what other people should or should not be doing? Fine YOU might not want to do it - and no one here appears to be suggesting you should - but why "should" others not? Simply because you do not like it?

Old 10-28-2015, 04:41 AM

It follows that if something is not a social norm, and there is no practical reason to do it, you should probably steer clear from it, yes. So as to avoid little snags in any future relationships (when something is not normal but is going on, it can produce problems). And I don't know what you mean, by drawing some line between "not normal" and "weird". But again, since we are getting nowhere on that (because I find it silly that one has to "prove" something so obvious to you), then I'm giving you the last word... and this time for real. The only real reason I posted again was to point out your little habit of equating what I do with "running away", so a few more people will be aware that you're doing it unnecessarily. Have a good day, monumentus!

Old 10-28-2015, 04:54 AM

Quote:
It follows that if something is not a social norm, and there is no practical reason to do it, you should probably steer clear from it, yes.
Does not follow at all. Many people engage in all kinds of things that are minority occurrences. You are inventing an "IF A then B" that is simply entirely false.

Nor is something being a social norm a reason to do it either. Clearly eating processed foods in our culture today is vastly a social norm. Yet there are many many reasons not to do it and a huge % of people doing it would rather not be doing it - but the pressures of modern life give them little other choice. So you are making a useless Argumentum ad Populum error here that actually torpedoes itself.

That said - who says there is no practical reason for it? As I keep schooling you - there is a whole continuum of how people choose to express their affections and comfort with one another. Tactility is one of them - and that is their practical reason to do it. So no reason to "steer clear" at all. YOU should steer clear for sure - since it is very clearly not for you. That does not mean anyone else should - and it does not mean that there being no practical reason FOR YOU - means there is none for anyone else. Practicality is not defined by universality. Never has. Likely never will be.

Quote:
And I don't know what you mean, by drawing some line between "not normal" and "weird". But again, since we are getting nowhere on that (because I find it silly that one has to "prove" something so obvious to you)
Yes it is very common to declare things "obvious" that you can not prove. Happens on forums all the time. But it does little more than highlight the fact you can not argue your case. Just because you do not know what I mean - does not mean I am wrong or your non-point is obvious. I am happy to explain myself when not understood however - try it sometime.

I repeat - many things in this world are statistically low occurring. That does not equate to them being abnormal or "weird". By all means stand up in front of a room full of homosexuals and tell them they are "weird" or "oddballs" if you like - because statistically they are just as much a minority as friends who sleep nude with each other in a platonic context - but please ensure I am there to watch when you declare it to them.

Simply because they are a minority may mean they are no "The norm" but that is different from "abnormal" "not normal" "weird" or "oddball". Very different. And all you have done - when I called you on suggesting this is "weird" - is to backpedal switch away from "weird" into "the norm". It is not a bad thing to retract a comment when it is shown to be wrong you know. It is a good thing.

Quote:
I posted again was to point out your little habit of equating what I do with "running away"
And I repeat - I only level those comments at situations where they really do apply. And I do not just mean "running away" in the sense of running out of thread. I also mean running away from your own positions - such as switching from one word to another to avoid having to argue your original point - or arguing a side point to dodge rebuttals of your original point. That too is running away and is YOUR habit and MO.

I summarize again - this is a topic about bisexuality and the concern that bisexuals may be more likely to cheat came up in that context - to which you brought into the fray a series of comments about people expressing their affections and comfort with non-sexual relationships through tactile means - or through comfort doing things like entering into states of undress. You suggested this to be weird - and that people shout not be doing it - and I have shown BOTH of those claims to be baseless nonsense at every level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships