Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 02:07 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I've dated bisexual women. As long as they are able to commit and be faithful (or we both explicitly agree about having other lovers), it's not an issue.
That means no slumber parties!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 07:00 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
People can act like it doesn't matter these days but many men and Lesbians have expressed difficulties in dating Bisexual women.

95% of the self declared bisexual women I know are interested in men for a life long mate and are interested in other women to spice things up. Ive only gone out with one woman who said she was interested in men and women equally and I found myself not comfortable with it. I had a poll here that had similar results by a large margin. Face it most women are interested in a conventional male/female long term relationship especially when children are involved. Not saying the opposite doesnt happen but it is a small percentage of the whole.
I prefer not to have a label. But I've slept with men and women, so the label I've been given is bisexual. *shrug* I have been rejected before for being bisexual. And I was comfortable with that. I've rejected men when I couldn't get past the wrong hair cut so I'm hardly one to judge. I've also been given a lecture from a partner's lesbian friend to "pick a team" so to say. I'm not going to be brow beaten. I like what I like and I can't explain it and don't have a defense. Nor do I see a point in defending it. I haven't been hard done by for it and it hasn't been a problem for me. It's only a tiny bit different and doesn't set me apart from most women.

It hasn't been an issue in my marriage to my husband. He made it clear from day one when we were dating that he did not want a threesome and wanted full monogamy. If I couldn't respect his wishes, I wouldn't have continued to date him.

It does seem more often than not, bisexual women marry men. But then, I can think of one example of a lesbian and bisexual woman that have been married 12 years and together nearly 20 years. She could be the exception to the rule but I don't have any statistics to back up that assertion.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:15 PM

59 posts, read 97,365 times
I am married to a man. He lets me visit strip clubs to satisfy my craving for women.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:16 PM

59 posts, read 97,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I've also been given a lecture from a partner's lesbian friend to "pick a team" so to say. I'm not going to be brow beaten. I like what I like and I can't explain it and don't have a defense. Nor do I see a point in defending it. I haven't been hard done by for it and it hasn't been a problem for me. It's only a tiny bit different and doesn't set me apart from most women.
That's horrible advice from that lesbian friend of yours.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay12 View Post
That's horrible advice from that lesbian friend of yours.
Oh it wasn't advice. She doesn't like bisexuals. A lot of lesbians do not like bisexual women. You haven't experienced this prejudice yet? Unfortunately, if you hang out with enough lesbians, you'll find out for yourself. They're very vocal.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:37 PM

52,255 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Oh it wasn't advice. She doesn't like bisexuals. A lot of lesbians do not like bisexual women. You haven't experienced this prejudice yet? Unfortunately, if you hang out with enough lesbians, you'll find out for yourself. They're very vocal.
Same goes for gay men... I posted earlier about that in this thread.

I think on some level, they may feel like they (Bi's) might be distracting from their 'cause' ... IDK how else to explain it....

Old 06-16-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Same goes for gay men... I posted earlier about that in this thread.

I think on some level, they may feel like they (Bi's) might be distracting from their 'cause' ... IDK how else to explain it....
Oh no, I get what you mean. But like I said. I'm not one to be brow beaten. I don't have a cause and I'm attracted to what I'm attracted to. Some have gone on and on about why I don't need a man. I can get everything I want from a woman. So what? Some have gotten nasty and said there is no such thing as bisexual women, they're just straight women trying attract men. I really don't care what they think of me. I have nothing to prove and no agenda to push. I like what I like. If anything, these women made me want to be more open about my preferences. Where I was once very quiet and secretive, after being lectured by these women, I got a whole lot louder.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:57 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
Are there any straight men that likes bisexual women, or in my case females who have experienced other females in the pass? And don't mind dating or marrying them?
I've been with two bisexual women (no, not at the same time, lol). It's really no different from dating a heterosexual woman. I made sure they understood I'm a strict believer in monogamy (so no girlfriends on the side), they gave me a "duh" sort of concurrence, and we got by just fine. Stayed with one about a year and the other maybe a couple months.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:23 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
Are there any straight men that likes bisexual women, or in my case females who have experienced other females in the pass? And don't mind dating or marrying them?
There are other of factors involved such as:

1. If any of her past relationships still want her or do they have a real hatered for men
2. What type of relationship will she commit to (open vs closed)
3. Would you be threatened by another woman?

I had a relationship with a bisexual woman for 5 years and it worked out fine until she moved. the only problem occurred when one of her past girlfriends (who was a manly lesbian) confronted her about me. Since we were good friends before and we talked quite abit so that there were no suprises everything worked out fine.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
There are other of factors involved such as:

1. If any of her past relationships still want her or do they have a real hatered for men
2. What type of relationship will she commit to (open vs closed)
3. Would you be threatened by another woman?

I had a relationship with a bisexual woman for 5 years and it worked out fine until she moved. the only problem occurred when one of her past girlfriends (who was a manly lesbian) confronted her about me. Since we were good friends before and we talked quite abit so that there were no suprises everything worked out fine.
I never would have dated a woman that hates men. They are controlling and some of them can be abusive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships