Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 07:15 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I'm not going to join in on piling on the OP.

He could have taken the high road and been polite in telling her he was done contacting her and he didn't want her to call him anymore or text him or anything.

But he didn't, and that's OK. It's his choice. And does it really matter what she thinks of him now ? The relationship is over.

You're going through a grieving period, dude. It's normal to have all kinds of negative emotions. But, in time, it will pass. If you get really down, you can always reach out for help, as you have done here. But maybe a good friend or family member, a therapist or a mental health forum would be less judging than this place, which can be pretty brutal in piling on. It's a pack mentality here. Someone's down ... and the wolves come in to feed on the judgment feast. Don't worry, I've been there. They've piled on me, plenty of times. But there are good people who give you good feedback here. You just weed out the judgemental posts, and pay more attention to the posts that are helpful.
Look, we've all been down and we have all had loss. That doesn't make it ok to go off on someone. He was one person yesterday and a different person behavior-wise, according to his posts. He loved her, he hates her. He doesn't know what he is going to do,e tc etc.

No matter your feelings, it is not ok to treat people badly, and that is what he did with this e mail. He could have written it and not sent it. BUT that is not what he is about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 07:17 PM

79 posts, read 445,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Yep, he is forgetting that whole post about meeting her for coffee.... Was that him? I think that was him.
NO I'M NOT FORGETTING !

the meet up did go great and i did feel like i made a good impression on her.
She seemed very interested and we had a good connection.
It wasn't tell i told her how i felt and asked a few question that i realized
i was just being strung along and giving her an ego boost.

HOW MANY MORE TIMES ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO PESTER ME ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST ?

This feels like a case of online bullying Adult Forum Style...

Old 06-17-2013, 07:23 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
I haven't looked at your previous posts, so I am unfamiliar with the background story. It has no bearing on what I'll write.

All I can do is tell you that, yes, I do know how much it hurts. But, I'm not alone and neither are you.

I will also confess that when I found out that my SO didn't love me anymore, I didn't take the ladylike way out. I am not proud of myself. Everyone reacts differently. A person might think they will react one way, but it's different when it is actually happening. And a person can react differently depending on how much the other person means to him/her.

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrblacksmith View Post
NO I'M NOT FORGETTING !

the meet up did go great and i did feel like i made a good impression on her.
She seemed very interested and we had a good connection.
It wasn't tell i told her how i felt and asked a few question that i realized
i was just being strung along and giving her an ego boost.

HOW MANY MORE TIMES ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO PESTER ME ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST ?

This feels like a case of online bullying Adult Forum Style...
This is the type of reaction that probably drove your woman away. Someone is taking time out of her life to try and lend you an ear, possibly give you an outsiders input to help you improve your situation or recover from your pain and you are whining like a toddler to the point of insulting them. You are better off going to a shrink. Someone that will be forced to listen to you and your outbursts because you are paying them to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Look, we've all been down and we have all had loss. That doesn't make it ok to go off on someone. He was one person yesterday and a different person behavior-wise, according to his posts. He loved her, he hates her. He doesn't know what he is going to do,e tc etc.

No matter your feelings, it is not ok to treat people badly, and that is what he did with this e mail. He could have written it and not sent it. BUT that is not what he is about.
Are you perfect ?
Honestly, do you stop at the stop light when it's a red hand and theres no cars around anywhere or do you
j walk ?

Because now your questioning my personality.
Everyone isn't the same. Everyone handles situations how they see fit.
You need to learn to respect the fact that people will do what they want regardless what you think is right.

What you think doesn't matter.
You know nothing about my Ex or me so don't judge me please.
All that good karma abiding citizen talk is crap.

You have to live your life and do what you want.
Ofcourse sometimes and even most times you need to be
mature about a situation and just walk away but this one is not that simple.

Some times people need to get told off.
Everyones not a goody too shoes like you.
We can't just act like theirs no issue when their is and we will voice our opinion despite whats politically correct or morally correct.

You should be on my side.
I'm the one that joined this forum not my ex.

Smh

Old 06-17-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
This is the type of reaction that probably drove your woman away. Someone is taking time out of her life to try and lend you an ear, possibly give you an outsiders input to help you improve your situation or recover from your pain and you are whining like a toddler to the point of insulting them. You are better off going to a shrink. Someone that will be forced to listen to you and your outbursts because you are paying them to do so.
Haha you have no idea.
My ex was drama queen of the century when we were together.
I appreciate good advice.
When i get it i respond positively
But cmon lets be honest

You don't really care about me or how well i'm feeling
Your goal is to teach.
I don't need a teacher on life.
I need an ear and encouragement if you cant give me that dont post.

I really don't care what you say about me.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I haven't looked at your previous posts, so I am unfamiliar with the background story. It has no bearing on what I'll write.

All I can do is tell you that, yes, I do know how much it hurts. But, I'm not alone and neither are you.

I will also confess that when I found out that my SO didn't love me anymore, I didn't take the ladylike way out. I am not proud of myself. Everyone reacts differently. A person might think they will react one way, but it's different when it is actually happening. And a person can react differently depending on how much the other person means to him/her.
EXACTLY. See this is why i continue to come on this forum because
every now and then i get a good story or advice or encouragement like this.
No judgement.

Thank You Sir,

Old 06-17-2013, 07:37 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrblacksmith View Post
Haha you have no idea.
My ex was drama queen of the century when we were together.
I appreciate good advice.
When i get it i respond positively
But cmon lets be honest

You don't really care about me or how well i'm feeling
Your goal is to teach.
I don't need a teacher on life.
I need an ear and encouragement if you cant give me that dont post.

I really don't care what you say about me.
I usually ignore crass and abrasive people like you but it sounds like you are really hurting at the moment hence my attempt to get you to see that these people are doing the best they can to help..given the circumstance (they don't know you personally, feel sorry for your situation, some can relate and are telling you what they did) these are all coping mechanism not just for you....

You are free to take it however you want...personally, after reading your first outburst...i think its a lost cause to try and reason with you. I am not trying to teach you...i have never been in your situation so i have absolutely nothing to offer in terms of how best to move forward. And honestly, with an attitude like yours, i really dont care.

I read posts on this forum hoping to learn something new from other people's experience. What i've taken from this thread is how not to behave when seeking help on a public forum. Anyway, best of luck. i hope you pull thru soon.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I usually ignore crass and abrasive people like you but it sounds like you are really hurting at the moment hence my attempt to get you to see that these people are doing the best they can to help..given the circumstance (they don't know you personally, feel sorry for your situation, some can relate and are telling you what they did) these are all coping mechanism not just for you....

You are free to take it however you want...personally, after reading your first outburst...i think its a lost cause to try and reason with you. I am not trying to teach you...i have never been in your situation so i have absolutely nothing to offer in terms of how best to move forward. And honestly, with an attitude like yours, i really dont care.

I read posts on this forum hoping to learn something new from other people's experience. What i've taken from this thread is how not to behave when seeking help on a public forum. Anyway, best of luck. i hope you pull thru soon.
yup

Old 06-17-2013, 08:23 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:

One of the best well though out posts. True in every word. It seems to be lost on the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships