Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 12:06 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, we get it; beauty motivates you. What if she doesn't have a scent?
He will pee on her to mark her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 12:12 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
OP... can I give you some unsolicited advice??

I've been reading you're posts for a few yrs now, you strike me a smart, well put together woman, you seem like a bright lady.

That being said, you also come across as very intense and over analytical at times, not trying to critical of you, and to be honest, I have the exact same personality type, it's why I notice it in you... you want direct technical answers to things that don't always have the most logical direct technical answers, you most likely score as an INTJ on the Meyers Briggs personality test.

I say this only to help, I think you and many others should stop over-thinking things so much and just go with the flow of things.......

I mean this to help and am not being critical or mean to you.. I hope you see this...
I score as INFP, but I agree with you on your observations though. I am intense & overly analytical internally. I am also bad with many social cues others pick up readily. I am far too cerebral at times.

But I have a sort of go-with-the-flow demeanor in person as far as NOT wanting a technical control over everything. I think I get this way when things are not happening "naturally" and I become impatient. Then I suddenly want to control how things unfold because I fear life is passing me by.

I don't know the middle between making things happen and just waiting for stuff to happen. I seem to try and force it or passively sit by.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:22 AM

664 posts, read 1,035,858 times

Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven (Official Video) - YouTube

*The Fighting #388*

Old 06-22-2013, 08:30 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times
I've always had a problem approaching women. Its a rejection thing. So all my girlfriends, or most, have been introduced to me through mutual friends or family member. I did meet my ex-wife online, and that was the best relationship I ever had. I just would love it if a woman saw me in a grocery store and said hello. I think I'd freeze because it would be such a shock. Women don't even say hello in random situations like that. I'd definitely pursue if I could compose myself, lol.

As for other signs, which I always fail to capitalize on, but most guys don't: Smile at the guy, face him if he talks to you (don't turn your back away or mess with your phone), make eye contact, touch his arm. These are so simple, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've felt it was obvious a woman was into me and to pursue her. OK, maybe both hands, but it is still rare. Now that I'm in a new city, I'm always looking, or at least aware because I really don't like it here, but I think meeting someone would change that for me.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
It doesn't seem like many men do ANY of the "work".

I don't want to know how to approach a guy. I want to know what motivates a guy to approach.
Do you wait until you've been thrown a smile or some other obvious visual signal?
What makes you deem a woman "stuck up" based on her appearance?
Ah, gotcha. Just a warm smile. I think a woman is stuck up based on the expression on her face or way too much makeup (high maintenance). If you can dress down and still look good (ie: baseball cap with ponytail through it), the men will fall over themselves. I would' at least. It takes a lot for me since I fear rejection, but eye contact and smiling are the best ways. Makes you look approachable.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
OP... can I give you some unsolicited advice??

I've been reading you're posts for a few yrs now, you strike me a smart, well put together woman, you seem like a bright lady.

That being said, you also come across as very intense and over analytical at times, not trying to critical of you, and to be honest, I have the exact same personality type, it's why I notice it in you... you want direct technical answers to things that don't always have the most logical direct technical answers, you most likely score as an INTJ on the Meyers Briggs personality test.

I say this only to help, I think you and many others should stop over-thinking things so much and just go with the flow of things.......

I mean this to help and am not being critical or mean to you.. I hope you see this...
I have the same issues. As an ISTJ (Myers Briggs) I over analyze everything, and wait too long, thus missing my shot. I wish I could relax and go with the flow. Alcohol seems to be the only way for me to do that though

Old 06-22-2013, 08:46 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
He will pee on her to mark her.
wtf, women aren't territory.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:08 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
wtf, women aren't territory.
That was more sarcasm.

And it was very funny.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:15 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
What kinds of situations are you more likely to initiate romantic interest/approach a woman?

Does she have to send some signal of interest first? If so, what kind of signals do you pick up on? How clear do you need to be on her possible interest to express yours?

What makes the difference between a woman you admire from afar or even close-up vs one you actually pursue?

What might deter you from approaching a woman you find attractive in some way?

Are you more likely to approach someone you've just met, OR initiate romantic interest with an acquaintance or friend after getting to know them a bit, OR something else entirely?

How do you go about approaching women or expressing romantic interest in them? What are your moves? How direct or indirect are you? What signals do you send?
If she appears the game playing bitchy type then I pass. She doesn't have to send a signal first though that doesn't hurt. I'll only pursue local or one who clearly shares my interests. I'll deter if she appears to busy in her life. I'm up front, I don't deny signals, though I don't make fast bold moves neither. I'm much more comfortable if its obvious to both of us about moving onto the next level, or staying friends.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:55 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
If she appears the game playing bitchy type then I pass. She doesn't have to send a signal first though that doesn't hurt. I'll only pursue local or one who clearly shares my interests. I'll deter if she appears to busy in her life. I'm up front, I don't deny signals, though I don't make fast bold moves neither. I'm much more comfortable if its obvious to both of us about moving onto the next level, or staying friends.
Once you know she's local or what her interests are, you've already approached and had a couple of conversations with her. What would motivate you to approach in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships