Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 11:03 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times

Advertisements

Oh God, the F word (feminist) has come out.

We all know how quickly and directly this thread is going to go into the toilet at this point.

Thanks to all who have helped!

Old 06-25-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Can you provide a link to your original post?
Are you joking? Erm...it's on this thread.

Post #1.

HTH.

Guess this is an example of those mad leadership skillz. ("Um...so where is Post 1 again?")

Be back later, I need a few minutes to burn my bra and take away some man's job.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:08 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,626 times
The real question, which you have yet to answer, is why did he start neglecting you?

Did you gain weight? Did you emasculate and nag him to no end? Did you use sex as a weapon? There IS a reason and you're leaving it out

Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
The real question, which you have yet to answer, is why did he start neglecting you?

Did you gain weight? Did you emasculate and nag him to no end? Did you use sex as a weapon? There IS a reason and you're leaving it out
How dare you blame JerZ. How sexist and rude can you get?

Old 06-25-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:

Well, it might have been when I marched on Washington braless screaming, "MEN ARE PIGS!" and the deliberately sabotaged his job as part of my radical feminist agenda while stomping in spike heels on top of printed images of penises, but I'm not sure. OTOH it could have been the day I asked him to take out the trash.

I'll have to think about this some more.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
How dare you blame JerZ. How sexist and rude can you get?
Lol. Of course she has nothing to do with her husbands feelings and actions towards her. Can only possibly be his fault.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:21 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,897,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
I did not say that men cannot cook, or that women can't cut grass. I was speaking in the general sense, in that I was speaking truthfully that most men are more cut out for working outside, whereas most women are more capable of doing inside work. Say what of it if you would like, it is what it is.

It doesn't mean that a woman can't cut grass (not speaking of ride-on mower), it means that physically she is less capable than a man, if the lawn is of significant size.

I'm aware that a lot of men do not work on their cars, and I'm one of them. My dad never did the same, so I never learned how to work on them. However, due to the strength needed to do car maintenance, the typical woman would not be strong enough to remove certain bolts within the engine, or to be able to tolerate the amount of oil and grease.

The typical man, relative to the woman, is not as capable in the kitchen because they didn't learn from their mothers how to cook various dishes. It is what it is.
How physically capable to you have to be to cut the grass? My elderly mother just gave up doing it this year, and it wasn't a small lawn. I'm sure my kids would have no problem, strength wise in cutting the grass, and they are far from the stature of the average man.

I mostly self taught myself to cook. My mom bought the ingredients and gave me free rein in the kitchen. Sure I learned a few things by watching her, but it wasn't a formal process. The biggest motivator in learning how to cook is simply having the desire to do so.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Lol. Of course she has nothing to do with her husbands feelings and actions towards her. Can only possibly be his fault.
Okay little man, I may as well answer this. I did already state that I wasn't perfect in many ways, but that unlike my husband, I have tried to fix those problems and to always make him feel loved. He was the one unwilling to work on issues. It had and has nothing to do with either of us being perfect. We can't ever hope to be perfect, we'll just have to leave that to you.

I guess your singular fault may be that you don't like to actually read before spouting off.

God but men are such emotional and reactive beings.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay little man, I may as well answer this. I did already state that I wasn't perfect in many ways, but that unlike my husband, I have tried to fix those problems and to always make him feel loved. He was the one unwilling to work on issues. It had and has nothing to do with either of us being perfect. We can't ever hope to be perfect, we'll just have to leave that to you.
lol little man, another emasculation attempt from the land beast? Perhaps part of the reason your marriage has failed?

Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 AM

811 posts, read 1,054,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, nonsense. If a man doesn't truly want to do something, he's not going to do it, period. That whole "in his own time" thing is passive-aggressive b.s. If he waits long enough, she'll get fed up and do it herself. That's a big reason for divorce.
If your "s.o" (nevermind why he isn't your husband, I'll pass) was demanding you to do something right away, in most instances, time after time, I'm sure that you'd feel that he was being over-bearing.

A man's time means his own time. Unfortunately, too many women are impatient, which is a trait associated with hyper-emotionalism. In many ways, it's a significant sign of immaturity. A man's own time may be ten minutes from now, maybe an hour, or a day, but that if you ask, he'll get it done for you. He doesn't want to feel like a slave, so demanding things be done that very minute isn't going to help you in such a relationship.

If a woman is divorcing over things such as her own inability to perceive that she doesn't have a right to bully her husband, then such reasons for divorce are frivolous. Men generally do not order their women around and disrespect them in much the ways that many women take for granted that their husbands are supposed to stop what their doing and cater to their wife's every whim. It is a rarity. When it does happen, the man generally has some type of personality disorder (bipolar), or hormonal imbalance, and represents perhaps one percent of all men.

Quote:
More garbage.

Plenty of men are more talented than their wives or girlfriends at cooking. In fact, there is still quite a bit of sexism in culinary schools.
Plenty of men cook. In fact, some of the best chefs are men. That doesn't mean that the average man is better at cooking than women. You know that is not the case.

Quote:
Plenty of women don't have a maternal bone in their bodies. Witness all of the women on here who do not want children.
The result of radical feminism that has told women that having a career is more important than the nurturing of children under two years of age that only a mother can give her child. If I'm so sexist, why would I claim that men aren't natural nurturers to babies and children under two. It's because they often can't be. Babies do not respond to fathers the way they do to their mothers. Whether this is the result of mothers having breasts to calm a child down through nursing, or whether it the result of, or a combination of remembering their voices from within the womb, it is the truth. A father does play a role, but he cannot nurture his young child like his mother can, because the infant is the one that does the responding, and they prefer mom.

Quote:
Also, plenty of men who don't know, and don't care to know, about fixing cars. I'm 46, and my current SO is the only man I know who was into cars, and that interest has dropped off considerably since I've known him, to be replaced by a different hobby.
I cannot fix cars, but it's because my dad never fixed cars. I never learned how. However, men are much more capable than women in doing this, due to the physical constraints of the job. I never implied that all men can fix cars. In fact, I mentioned that not all men do this.

Quote:
And finally, your characterization of "many" women disregarding men's contributions to a relationship is absolute crap. There are some spoiled brats out there, sure, but MOST women are not that way. Your sexism reeks.
You say most women are not this way. I would say that a lot of women are this way. Perhaps not a majority, but a significant percentage. Your own responses to me are very rude, in my opinion. They're not cordial, and they reek with emotionalism. That you'd call my comments sexist, when I value women and their contributions, shows that you don't know me. It's just that I acknowledge the differences between men and women, and their natural abilities for certain roles. If thousands of years of human history have reinforced what we know to be the norm, do you think that I'm going to take serious radical feminist ideas that are only about fifty years old, and of which aren't based in reality to what we see in the real world.

Frankly, and I mean no disrespect, I think that your world view is tainted by radical feminism. It's why you seem so willing to attack me for my point of view, as well as why you hold the beliefs that you do that run contradictory to the way the world operates.

Quote:
More steaming offal. Balls don't inherently make men family leaders. Look at all of the men who run out on their wives and kids. Look at all the women raising families alone.

You say you study relationships? I call shenanigans on that.
Men are natural leaders. As I've said, their are natural differences, hormonal ones at that, which make men more predisposed to being leaders. A woman's chemistry isn't designed to be a leader. Sure, there is a small percentage of women who can be good leaders, but it's an outlier to the aggregate.

Women raising families alone results in all kinds of problems with the children. The children are much more likely to use drugs, to be promiscuous, and to have all types of problems with their emotions. I can produce the statistics if you'd like to see the effects of fatherless homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships