Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 02:18 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
She is a scrumptious, voluptuous honey of a woman!

Sad to hear this news but there's always two sides to the story.
What 2 sides? Did you read the article? He admitted it but then tried to play it off like, "Oh I didn't hurt her--she was crying because we were arguing and we hate arguing"...gimme a break. She looked frightened, not upset because of an arguement. She shoulda kicked his 70 yr old arse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 02:31 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree.

While a person can be driven by rage to wanna choke the hell out of someone, LOL... I don't mean it literally, all I'm saying is that the line has to be drawn and physically doing something like that is crossing the line.
You know Chow, there's probably not a week that goes by that I don't want to wrap my hands around the throat of some mouth-breather during random encounters--the person who dings my car in the parket lot with a shopping cart and takes off, the guy who lets his car alarm beep endlessly without checking to see if it's his, and on an exceptionally bad day the guy who cuts me in line at the express counter and then unloads 30 items from his cart. I've even been in long term relationships where I've had to ask myself just how bad prison can be, LOL, but we live in a civilized society and it does and it SHOULD take a lot more than that to throttle someone. Whatever this girl did to "provoke" him just doesn't justify clutching her around the throat.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:04 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
If he would do that in public, you have to wonder what he's willing to do in private.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:07 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Maybe he was checking on her tonsils? She does not appear to be upset. More like amused... no?
Weird that you find it amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
If he would do that in public, you have to wonder what he's willing to do in private.
That's what I was thinking.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:14 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Nigella is a big deal in England...her father was a big political muckety muck I think with the Thatcher government...it is very sad for her and her children...

Old 06-17-2013, 05:35 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Nigella is a big deal in England...her father was a big political muckety muck I think with the Thatcher government...it is very sad for her and her children...
I had actually never heard of her before this thread (no cable t.v. and no interest in watching cooking shows on line).

Celebrity or private citizen - nobody should touch anybody in anger like that (and then try to downplay it).

And, yes, I have my own personal history of being on the receiving end of that kind of crap. Besides the physical aspect of it, it is demeaning and humiliating.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
She is so beautiful. Poor girl.
Whenever I hear something like that, I can't help but think 'if she were ugly or fat, would there be as much sympathy?'

I'm not saying that's true for you, but just in general.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:10 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Whenever I hear something like that, I can't help but think 'if she were ugly or fat, would there be as much sympathy?'

I'm not saying that's true for you, but just in general.
I laughed my butt off when a coworker heard about a celebrity who was served divorce papers from her husband. My coworker looked so confused. "But she's so pretty!"
LMFAO! And bad things can't happen to pretty people?

Old 06-17-2013, 06:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I laughed my butt off when a coworker heard about a celebrity who was served divorce papers from her husband. My coworker looked so confused. "But she's so pretty!"
LMFAO! And bad things can't happen to pretty people?
There was a bit on the show Family Guy where a 'fat chick' gets shot and killed and one of the characters says something along the lines of 'Am I the only one who thinks this would be sadder if she wasn't fat?'

I think people are more confused when something bad happens to a pretty person, and less apt to feel sympathy if it happens to a conventionally unattractive person.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:22 PM

349 posts, read 459,774 times
If he does this to her outside in public, what does he do when they're behind closed doors? It's a sad and unfortunate situation and there is no excuse for that type of behavior, no matter what the discussion.

Last edited by Kaffegal05; 06-17-2013 at 06:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships