Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 09:30 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times

Advertisements

I'm not big on the tabloids. I know they lie a ton. But this guy actually released a statement.

“About a week ago, we were sitting outside a restaurant having an intense debate about the children, and I held Nigella’s neck repeatedly while attempting to emphasize my point," he said. "There was no grip, it was a playful tiff. The pictures are horrific but give a far more drastic and violent impression of what took place. Nigella’s tears were because we both hate arguing, not because she had been hurt."

He held her neck repeatedly while attempting to "emphasize" his point. A playful tiff, in the middle of an "intense debate"? I'm certain grabbing her by the neck is not at all what bothered her. It never ceases to amaze me how these guys think no one sees through the bullsh*t.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1374627
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 09:37 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,123,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'm not big on the tabloids. I know they lie a ton. But this guy actually released a statement.

“About a week ago, we were sitting outside a restaurant having an intense debate about the children, and I held Nigella’s neck repeatedly while attempting to emphasize my point," he said. "There was no grip, it was a playful tiff. The pictures are horrific but give a far more drastic and violent impression of what took place. Nigella’s tears were because we both hate arguing, not because she had been hurt."

He held her neck repeatedly while attempting to "emphasize" his point. A playful tiff, in the middle of an "intense debate"? I'm certain grabbing her by the neck is not at all what bothered her. It never ceases to amaze me how these guys think no one sees through the bullsh*t.

Nigella Lawson, British TV chef, appears to be choked by husband during public argument* - NY Daily News
I am not sure who Nigella is, But if he is grabbing her by the throat anywhere there is a serious problem with him. Him doing it in public tells me this may be a power/control thing in his mind.

Not nice.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:37 AM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
BS, the guy was pissed and was choking her. I have intense debates with mrs. Chow, no ones getting choked though.....

Old 06-17-2013, 09:43 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,573 times
It doesn't amaze me considering how much male advice is by guys is how to act like this and it seems guys like this are quite idolized and envied by most guys as they are 'alpha' and what is masculine.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:50 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I am not sure who Nigella is, But if he is grabbing her by the throat anywhere there is a serious problem with him. Him doing it in public tells me this may be a power/control thing in his mind.

Not nice.
She has a cooking show on either the Cooking Channel or FoodTV.

His whole comment is a load of bs and contradicts itself. I've never heard anyone say "we hate to argue" yet they "playfully" put their hand around someone's throat. That behavior is just sickening.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:56 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
And holding her "neck repeatedly, while attempting to emphasize my point" just flows, like it's no big deal. It was the argument that upset her, not putting his hands on her, not because she was hurt. Because he didn't squeeze so hard, it's OK.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:51 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,349 times
She has left the house with the kids and he is passing it off as him telling them to get away from the paparazzi. If that were true, why isn't he going with them?

I don't believe him.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:08 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,771,833 times
His hand is clearly around her throat, not her neck. Who places their hand on someone's throat while they are crying and tries to sell it as a "playful tiff"? He needs to spend some time in jail around some real tough guys who will gladly place their hands around his neck to emphasize a point..."be careful with the teeth".

Old 06-17-2013, 11:13 AM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
His hand is clearly around her throat, not her neck. Who places their hand on someone's throat while they are crying and tries to sell it as a "playful tiff"? He needs to spend some time in jail around some real tough guys who will gladly place their hands around his neck to emphasize a point..."be careful with the teeth".
Yeah, I agree.

That pic of her with his hand on her throat is a little disturbing, her eyes are bugging out a bit and she looks scared.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:16 AM

61,631 posts, read 86,981,866 times
Maybe he was checking on her tonsils? She does not appear to be upset. More like amused... no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships