Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 02:12 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Darn right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Im glad someone else sees it that way.
I agree too.

Kids are friggin lazy these days.... need to put them to work....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 02:21 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree too.

Kids are friggin lazy these days.... need to put them to work....
I could write a book. At least a short story.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:30 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I could write a book. At least a short story.
I agree with you and Chow about how freaking lazy these kids are today. I'm with you. To the op's question it depends. I see it in different ways. I know in Jersey and someone else mentioned Portland was like that too, referring to the fact that they pump it for you and won't let you pump it yourself. There are also several other places that pump it for you scattered across many of the other states. But I think that there are several types of women.

The "Diva", she expects a guy or girl (there are girl pumper's too) to pump it for them. Forget it, I would take offensive to that type of personality. I would consider them to be too much.

The everyday girl. The one who lives right, works hard, is kind, then those women deserve to have a man or women pump it if they want it. My mothers like that, and she'll always tip.

I'm also sure that there are many women who only go to full service pumps because they're lazy. Them types don't deserve "anyone" male or female to have to pump it for them. Do it yourself, it's not that hard..

I myself go to a full service station by my house because it is usually easier to pay for for my gas outside than for me to go into the store since I always pay cash. However, as a man, somehow I just feel compelled to do it myself. I can't really explain it. Perhaps false pride. However, I do and in every kind of weather. But that's just me. I don't expect anyone to wait on me. I'm nobody special.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 06-21-2013 at 02:57 PM..

Old 06-21-2013, 02:35 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I agree with you and Chow about how freaking lazy these kids are today. I'm with you. To the op's question it depends. I see it in different ways. I know in Jersey and someone mentioned Portland was like that too, referring to the fact that they pump it for you and won't let you pump it. I think that there are several types of women.

The "Diva", she expects a guy or girl (there are girl pumper's too) to pump it for them. Forget it, I would take offensive to that type of personality. I would consider them to be too much.

The everyday girl. The one who lives right, works hard, is kind, then those women deserve to have a man or women pump it if they want it. My mothers like that, and she'll usually tip.

I'm also sure that there are many women who only go to full service pumps because their lazy. Them types don't deserve "anyone" male or female to have to pump it.

I myself go to a full service station by my house because it is usually easier to pay for gas for me in the store since I pay cash. However, as a man, somehow I just feel compelled to do it for myself. I can't really explain it. Perhaps false pride. However, I do and in every kind of weather. But that's just me. I don't expect anyone to wait on me.
I don't know about in the US, but around here, the many full serve stations charged a fraction more because of it being full serve, so if she chooses to go where someone is paid to pump gas, does it really matter?

Old 06-21-2013, 02:42 PM

46,953 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grecian View Post
Like would you think she's a diva because she has other people do it for her or think she's dumb because she doesn't know how to and doesn't want to learn how to do it?
I think it's the responsibility of every able-bodied adult, no matter the gender, to at least make themselves capable of handling day-to-day tasks of that sort.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:44 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grecian View Post
Like would you think she's a diva because she has other people do it for her or think she's dumb because she doesn't know how to and doesn't want to learn how to do it?
I would't think any less of her than I already think of most women.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:49 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
To the OP, it depends if she EXPECTS me to do it for her. I mean, I usually will do it without asking. However, say I'm in a bad mood / on the phone / etc and she just looks at me like I have to do it...I might get annoyed.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:52 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I don't know about in the US, but around here, the many full serve stations charged a fraction more because of it being full serve, so if she chooses to go where someone is paid to pump gas, does it really matter?

You're in Canada aren't you? I'm sure that you have your own set of rules. I lived in Buffalo for years, so I was a neighbor to Canada. Just over the bridge. How have you been anyway? I tried to rep you for a post. I haven't spoken to you in a while. If I went to a place that charged more for going there I myself might pass or except that as fee. But still I would pump it myself if I could. If they wouldn't let me then that's a whole other story. I would probably go somewhere else since I like to do it myself. I would just pay the difference. It's personally up to the individual at hand. If they are decent people, then I myself would cast no judgement on them for going to a full-service station.

To answer your question all the way. It really doesn't matter anyway. The only real type of women I think should pump it themselves is the "diva" type I've mentioned. All of the other women as far as I'm concerned can have someone else pump it for them if they want. It's really not that big of a deal to me.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 06-21-2013 at 03:08 PM..

Old 06-21-2013, 03:01 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
When it's freezing out, it's completely worth the fee. They could probably charge more and I'd still pay it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
I would't think any less of her than I already think of most women.
That doesn't sound good.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:44 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,947 times
The general consensus: not pumping gas must mean a women is automatically high maintenance. Yet anther reason for men to be nitpicky about/dislike women.

What's next? She's cheap if she assumes you'll pick her up for a date (instead of driving herself), or doesn't reimburse the gas or any possible tolls after the date?

After 12+ pages, aren't there better/worse things to worry about than whether/not women pump their own gas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships