Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 10:45 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

Two wrongs certainly don't make a right. If you wanted to tell someone something bad about him, all you had to do is tell them he cheated on you.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 10:51 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
It's not a female only issue, to lie.
Duh?

This is a discussion about a woman creating a lie because she is upset. This is not a man doing this, so my post is fine.

I do not beat up on women specifically out of hate or anything else. If this were a guy I'd call him an idiot and tell him to tell the truth.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:00 PM

8 posts, read 8,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
hopefully, by now, this has been straightened out.
Yes but not completely. It wasn't so easy. While my parents and some members are upset I lied about it, my cousin and someone else still thinks I'm defending him so now both think he's an abusive, cheater. They told me to not hesitate to report him if he wants to hurt me again and that they're there to help out.

Good news is there isn't going to be any reports made but it sucks that I painted him in such an awful way.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:02 PM

8 posts, read 8,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Two wrongs certainly don't make a right. If you wanted to tell someone something bad about him, all you had to do is tell them he cheated on you.....
True. I don't know what the hell was I thinking when I lied.

Regarding the poster who commented on how I wouldn't accept an ''I don't know why I did it'' excuse if my ex bf told me that for his cheating; that's right that would be the most pathetic excuse ever.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:56 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
wow, you're a serious pos... Do you realize what this does to a persons reputation? You need to seriously tell EVERYONE what you did...

I had a similar thing happen to me (different, but also very bad) about 7 years ago. It STILL effects me to this day. I have forgiven a lot of people for a lot of things, but that is something I don't know if I could ever forgive. And she never even apologized.

I wish there was a way he could prove this so he could sue you for slander and defamation.. Cheating is one thing, but it's not illegal. Lying and saying someone beat you could haunt him for years, especially if mutual acquaintances found out..

Old 06-21-2013, 02:59 PM

You're lucky that no one has done anything to your ex boyfriend. If my sister told me something like that I can promise you I would be in my car and drive 1500 miles and make sure that guy is beat to a pulp.. Zero doubt in my mind.. If I THEN found out she lied about it? Wow.........

Old 06-21-2013, 03:01 PM

Sorry I may be over reacting, but like I said, I had a girl do something similar to me, but only because I DIDN'T WANT TO BE IN A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP WITH HER. Yeah.. So she decided she would try and get me fired for sexual harrassment. Luckily a nurse I was close with overheard the girl planning it out with the other coworker, notified me and human resources before it could happen, and I walked out of the building and called the HR director.. What a joke.. Some women..

Old 06-22-2013, 10:24 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
You're lucky that no one has done anything to your ex boyfriend. If my sister told me something like that I can promise you I would be in my car and drive 1500 miles and make sure that guy is beat to a pulp.. Zero doubt in my mind.. If I THEN found out she lied about it? Wow.........
This is a very good point. The day my brothers helped me move out of my ex husbands and my house, that is what they wanted to do...... That was for all of the years he treated me badly..... I didn't have to make anything up....

Old 06-22-2013, 11:27 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I admit I am shocked. OP, take the heat by going back and apologizing in person to everyone this might have affected -- not just your ex but, for example, his friends who may now think ill of him. Definitely go to his family. IMO, you have to. There's no question. Be 100% transparent at this point.

This sort of thing ruins lives.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:27 PM

896 posts, read 1,176,813 times
I think you have to go to your ex and tell him what you did. Unless you live in a huge city like NYC, SF etc, this is going to ruin his reputation. You owe him a huge apology as you have basically told everyone that he is a criminal, and one of the lowest at that. He should know about the lies you spread behind his back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships