Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:53 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times

Advertisements

OP, You may just want to weed out all the non-outdoorsy, non-adventurous, overly materialistic girls from the get-go by planning an adventurous, outdoorsy date upfront and see if they can go with the flow. But don't spring it on them by surprise. Tell them exactly where you are going so they can prepare for it.

You sound like my hubby - He is a great outdoorsman and used to play jazz trombone/string bass in a band. Our first date was fishing followed by a city jazz club. We are also big into skiing, kayaking, cycling, hiking, hunting, etc... He told me he fell in love when he took me to his cabin in the woods and I immediately grabbed a fishing pole to get a few casts in before dinner.... I then caught a walleye and fried it up perfectly for him... That is how I hooked him.... LOL...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
YW..glad I could help

Why are you still single??? I'd snap you up in a hot second if I were single.
Yeah, he sounds great.... I want to set him up with one of my friends.... LOL

Old 06-20-2013, 09:03 PM

782 posts, read 1,356,600 times
You guys are phenomenal!
Thanks for all of your thoughts and responses.
Over the past couple of years, I've been busy raising my now 17 1/2 yr old son and of course, working.
I was hoping my spouse (his mother) would return since she left moving away from the area the day after he turned 15. Since I was still 'married', I did'nt entertain dating. Two days ago, I received my divorce decree. I now accept that I must move ahead with life and know either way things should work out fine as I enjoyed life before I met her and will continue to find peace and enjoyment alone or until I begin making new female friends and ultimately a relationship.

Last edited by outdoorman; 06-20-2013 at 09:23 PM..

Old 06-20-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
You guys are phenomenal!
Thanks for all of your thoughts and responses.
Over the past couple of years, I've been busy raising my now 17 1/2 yr old son and of course, working.
I was hoping my spouse (his mother) would return since she left moving away from the area the day after he turned 15. Since I was still 'married', I did'nt entertain dating. Two days ago, I received my divorce decree. I now accept that I must move ahead with life and know either way things should work out fine as I enjoyed life before I met her and will continue to find peace and enjoyment alone or until I begin making new female friends and ultimately a relationship.
Exactly right.... You should post more on this forum - a lot of posters could benefit from this kind of insight and perspective...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships