Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:51 PM

872 posts, read 1,263,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
All I can add is that you hear a lot about people who break up and one is married 6 months later. So there are some rebounds that become relationships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
The problem with people on the rebound is sometimes they don't even realize they are on the rebound. Then many months pass and they realize they weren't ready
Both of these are very true.

I guess the bigger worry with the OP's guy is the volume of texts, which can point back to being needy/wanting to fill a void.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 06:12 PM

523 posts, read 840,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't see texting as being indicative of moving fast. You say he texts you daily and when you respond, he responds right back. I don't find that odd at all. I typically respond to e-mails as soon as they come in. Some people are just tied to the electronic devices more than others.
What if it was many texts per day starting at 7:30 AM, because that's the time I told him I wake up?

Old 06-20-2013, 06:17 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
What if it was many texts per day starting at 7:30 AM, because that's the time I told him I wake up?

Old 06-21-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideworld View Post
Both of these are very true.

I guess the bigger worry with the OP's guy is the volume of texts, which can point back to being needy/wanting to fill a void.
This is so true. I have decided not to see him again, The volume of texts is just too much for me and now he wants asks me where I am/what I'm doing every day. We have only had one date!

Old 06-21-2013, 09:30 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I had a 5+ year serious relationship with a guy and met a new guy a couple weeks after we broke up. I really liked the new guy and wanted to hang out with him all the time. His friends told him to be careful because I was "on the rebound."

The new guy told me I should spend more time with my friends and date other people for awhile, but I couldn't because I just could not stop thinking about this guy and continued to pursue the relationship. I finally won him over and we started dating seriously. I then married my rebound guy and we just celebrated our 15 wedding anniversary!
Yup!

It really does depend on the individual.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:40 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,851 times
Quote:
I went out with a guy 4 days ago (first date) and he's been texting me every day since. I like him so it doesn't really bother me.

I think I had a feeling about him, so I asked him if he was looking for a relationship or something casual. He said he's looking for a relationship, but that he wants to take it slow since he just got out of a bad relationship.

I told him it sounded like he was on the rebound and it's just not the situation I am looking for. He insisted he's not on rebound and he just wants to make sure it's "right" before getting into a relationship.

He's saying he wants to take things slow yet he's texting me every day and says how much he likes me, which doesn't seem slow at all. So, is this a sign he is on the rebound? Do you think it's worth pursuing or move on?

What are the signs someone is on the rebound? Can rebound relationships last ?

Thanks for any words of wisdom

Quote:
This is so true. I have decided not to see him again, The volume of texts is just too much for me and now he wants asks me where I am/what I'm doing every day. We have only had one date!
He just got out of a bad relationship + he's texting you several times a day after only one date + he's asking you where you are/what you're doing after only one date = MAJOR RED FLAGS/possible clinginess to follow.

I've never been a fan of texting other than the occasional "Thinking of you" or "Can't wait to see you." Otherwise I prefer to miss the person – and have them miss me – without either of us being smothered to death in the process.

Why not show the person how much you missed them the next time you see them? If you're texting and calling me 5 or 6 times a day, it's a huge turnoff and extremely annoying to me (different strokes for different folks) .

Old 07-11-2013, 09:15 AM

I just wanted to update this thread, because maybe it could help someone else. I ended up going out with this guy again and all my assumptions were soooooo wrong.

We talked about it and he WAS on the rebound right before we met, dating new girls every week. Now said he's tired of it and just wants to be with one. Said he really liked me when we met and he hadn't connected that way in a long time. He was texting me cause he really liked me! I liked him the first time we met and the 2nd time was amazing.

So now we are together. It's surprising, but he's not clingy or needy. Now that we established our "like" for each other, he doesn't text me like a mad man. I actually find myself wanting him to text me more now.

Strange how things aren't always how they seem! Just wanted to put it out there that sometimes you just have to find out more and give it some time.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times
Congratulations!! This is a perfect example of letting things take their course, not jumping to conclusions and over analyzing each and every little thing. Hope things work out for you guys

Old 07-11-2013, 11:27 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,834 times
Congrats. There's a misconception of the rebound...Everyone thinks they'll fail...A rebound relationship is where the person felt hurt/vulnerable and seeks validation. Often they SETTLE for a relationship to validate themselves, they may realize they're settling, they may not. They tend to ignore important things such as chemistry and shared interest and often the rebound relationship fails.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:42 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Happy for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships