Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 11:18 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
"Game" is the general term for the social skills I am refering to. At no point am I praising or encouraging playing games.
Okay then, thanks for clarifying.

It was hard to get that from your first post.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
I guess this just shows how much dating has changed. I don't remember anyone playing games 40 years ago. First you take a girl out on a date, if it goes good, you might call her in a few days or in a week and set up another date. Some days you might talk on the phone for a little while, but there wasn't constant communication, texting every day or something. Most men and women had other things going, work, school, sports, family stuff. Dating was just a part of life, it didn't take over your life. In some cases, if it was long distance for a phone call, letters had to do. Phone calls were way too expense to call every day or to talk for a long time.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Both. I'm interested in why people so vehemently deny that "game" works, but when an attractive woman describes the last few men she'd been with, or her current boyfriend and how they started dating, the charactiritics and interaction she'll describe fall eerily in line with game.
Again, the problem likely lies in actually calling social skills (manners, etc) "game".

"Game" seems to imply the playing of one which has a negative connotation when associated with adult relationships.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Again, the problem likely lies in actually calling social skills (manners, etc) "game".

"Game" seems to imply the playing of one which has a negative connotation when associated with adult relationships.
Exactly. Normal social skills, charm and charisma are not some mystical concept called "game" that only a few guys on the internet know about.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:29 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

I think the negativity comes from the fact that it levels the playing field, well, as much as it can. Women have always had the advantage in the dating field, until they meet that one guy they can't figure out. He's confident, he's not clingy, she's always wondering what he's thinking. These guys were rare.

Most guys meet a hot chick and go on a date and they're sappy and in love. The girl knows she has him in the bag. Now with the relatively resent advent of game, MANY of the men out there act like that rare confident guy. I'd be upset too if my advantage was getting killed by the internet

Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
No, confidence, aloofness, charm, humor and not jumping when a hot woman says jump does the trick and this is what game teaches. I don't call it games, I call it self improvement.
Maybe this is many guys' problem? They only go for "hot" women? Why would you be interested in a woman who tells guys to jump and expects them to do it, anyway?

See anything wrong with this picture?

Old 06-19-2013, 11:35 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,129 times
Quote:
Game works. Projecting confidence, charm, and a sense of humor all while refusing to bend to a woman's will just because she is attractive creates attraction. This is simple human social interaction. All game teaches men who were previously socially awkward is how to develop and use these attractive social qualities. Men who internalize "game" that are already attractive or socially strong can really see the results of their interactions.

Yes there are underhanded parts of game that silly PUAs employ, such as subtly disapproving of a woman so she feels the need to qualify herself (negs), creating jealousy, etc, but these things tend to work as well. (Here comes the "ONLY ON INSECURE AND STUPID GIRLS, NOT WOMEN!" proclomations)

But here you will find the hoardes of game deniers, men and women alike. I find it comical. Yes, of course most feminist will vehemently deny that "game" works. Most women would. But think about the last few men you've been with. How did they act? Do you actually read up on "game," further than a top level glance at a "PUA" search on google?

The men that deny game sadden me. Oh, you didn't need game to land your wife? I wouldn't need game to marry a 6 level land beast either.

The point of discussion I'm tyring to make here, is outside of the silly notion of "PUA" that you have in your mind, is that "game" is actually portraying the most attractive qualities in men. Confidence, wit, charm, and a sense of humor. And it works.
Here's a million dollar question. What do I get with that "game"? Sex? Big deal. I have enough money for it and if that's what people want, they should stop being hypocrites and legalize prostitution already.
I don't think that my world revolves around someone's vagina and I don't even bother playing "games". Here's some useful advice - do something with your life, get a job, save the money, enjoy yourself, get a family on your own one day. You don't need "games", if you're old enough to consent to sex you should be old enough to play games.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe this is many guys' problem? They only go for "hot" women? Why would you be interested in a woman who tells guys to jump and expects them to do it, anyway?

See anything wrong with this picture?
Like it or not, most men want to be with very attractive women. Mod cut: Gender bashing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-19-2013 at 03:20 PM..

Old 06-19-2013, 11:38 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
I find it amusing people would have to change the way they would normally interact just to attract women.

I also find it sad that no girls are attracted to them how they are naturally, so they pretend to be someone they're not.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
Here's a million dollar question. What do I get with that "game"? Sex? Big deal. I have enough money for it and if that's what people want, they should stop being hypocrites and legalize prostitution already.
I don't think that my world revolves around someone's vagina and I don't even bother playing "games". Here's some useful advice - do something with your life, get a job, save the money, enjoy yourself, get a family on your own one day. You don't need "games", if you're old enough to consent to sex you should be old enough to play games.
I have a job, my own house, and a nice car. "game" is just part of my social interaction that accents my attractiveness to women. Like it or not, it works with finding a girlfriend, a wife, or a one night stand. All depends on how you use it and what your goal is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships