Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 02:44 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My question is, why don't these guys focus on ACTUALLY improving their personalities all around instead of focusing their efforts on 'getting women'? Why don't they join groups like Toastmasters or learn to just be a decent person that interacts with others in social settings? The fact that it's focused on getting women is what makes me question it.
IMO, it's because guys that use those tactics measure their self worth by the number of women they can "pull". If they really wanted to improve themselves socially (meaning with women and men), they'd do exactly what you suggest.

--Dim

Old 06-19-2013, 02:45 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,080 times
Quote:
My question is, why don't these guys focus on ACTUALLY improving their personalities all around instead of focusing their efforts on 'getting women'? Why don't they join groups like Toastmasters or learn to just be a decent person that interacts with others in social settings? The fact that it's focused on getting women is what makes me question it.
That IS what game is to me. Becoming a more well round and confident person, relentlessly improving myself and my attractiveness. So what if I do a little reading on what works and doesn't with women. I'll reap the benefits why everyone denies that it works.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:45 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
If you're referring to guys who incessantly complain on CD, I can't answer that question. Once they get into blaming their looks, wealth, height or ethnicity it becomes a dog chasing it's own tail, pointless and exhausting.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:46 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Because we want things easy. Making the effort to improve our personalities is a much harder endeavor that takes a lot of time. Many people get intimidated by this and resort to other means of getting what they want out of life.

It took me quite a few years to improve my personality. (I had many deep seated issues).

But people always look for short cuts and hand outs. People just get lazy.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:47 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Probably because it seems these guys regard gals as a commodity and hive mind rather than individuals and human beings so it's much easier to apply manipulative/exploitative tactics promised to work on almost every gal than develop skills most people have then interact with gals in a way that may not produce the results they want.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:48 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,427 times
Quote:
Agreed. The priorities are pretty seriously messed up. But then again, some people always seem to have to have ulterior motives in every interaction. People-women especially, in this case-are objects to be manipulated to those people with ulterior motives, rather than-gasp!-human beings, flawed yet interesting and with a wide range of good qualities.

Interpersonal interactions are a give-and-take for both people. But some people would rather just take. It's important to generally stay away from those people.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:53 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Game works. Projecting confidence, charm, and a sense of humor all while refusing to bend to a woman's will just because she is attractive creates attraction. This is simple human social interaction. All game teaches men who were previously socially awkward is how to develop and use these attractive social qualities. Men who internalize "game" that are already attractive or socially strong can really see the results of their interactions.

Yes there are underhanded parts of game that silly PUAs employ, such as subtly disapproving of a woman so she feels the need to qualify herself (negs), creating jealousy, etc, but these things tend to work as well. (Here comes the "ONLY ON INSECURE AND STUPID GIRLS, NOT WOMEN!" proclomations)

But here you will find the hoardes of game deniers, men and women alike. I find it comical. Yes, of course most feminist will vehemently deny that "game" works. Most women would. But think about the last few men you've been with. How did they act? Do you actually read up on "game," further than a top level glance at a "PUA" search on google?

I think that there is more than one inferred meaning. Some people consider it to mean set of behaviors, characteristics and the like. Others considerate nasty and careless manipulation to get into the chica's pants. Using the term "PUA" is just dumb. Even if all the tactics "work", and your goal is a loving relationship with a wonderful woman, the term is just BOUND to get the wrong message across.

I can tell you that this set of characteristics and behaviors were demonstrated by my now husband. And they were/are appealing. But he did not get THIS girl until he proved he was way more than that.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:59 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,760 times
'Game' seems to be for those who struggle with attracting women. Its an act they put on because they believe who they are isn't enough. They appear confident, when in reality, they have very low confidence.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
That IS what game is to me. Becoming a more well round and confident person, relentlessly improving myself and my attractiveness. So what if I do a little reading on what works and doesn't with women. I'll reap the benefits why everyone denies that it works.
Then maybe you should stop referring to it as 'game' which basically makes me think you like manipulating people to get your way.

People are not a game to be won or lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships