Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 03:09 PM

320 posts, read 954,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Does she live at home or on her own? If she is living at home, I suggest that your boyfriend talk to her parents and calmyl tell them that it's over between the two of them and ask for their help in keeping her away from him. Maybe she needs a reality check. Plus her family should hear his side of things. And they can also help her get professional counseling to get over him.
lol i agree...he went to her hourse before to tell her parents but they were sleeping....he wants to try again...yeah her pwn family is telling her that she is crazy and telling my boyfriend to stay away from her...they know she is crazy to. so yeah he most def wants to go talk to her parents as well...this is so embarrasing though for her but she needs to be stopped though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 03:39 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Most importantly...

LOVE AND LIVE WELL.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:45 PM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,158,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Most importantly...

LOVE AND LIVE WELL.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Most importantly...

LOVE AND LIVE WELL.

i agree with you

Old 11-06-2007, 11:21 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,545 times
This sounds serious. You need to act now before she really goes off the deep end and tries to kill him or you or both of you. Quit stalling and get the police involved. Immediately.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:59 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,089 times
I agree with all the previous posts...

Old 11-07-2007, 05:54 AM

112 posts, read 569,159 times
Default Middle School 101

Guess I missed something.

But, first, an unlisted, totally "unfindable" phone number, is a myth.

Second, what is this Mr. Wonderful's thought process? If he allows himself to be played in the manner describe, well, perhaps it is because he enjoys it? People get the relationships they want. The male lead in a psycho ex-girlfriend drama may appeal to this guy. At least for once he is the center of attention.

And... people routinely stay in destructive relationships.

"Ignore her and she will go away." What is so hard to grasp? Document all encounters, &c., (but do not use smilies and repeated exclamation points... these are childish). File a "police report" but realize that the woman could do the same. Both would have equal weight unless an arrest were made. Get a restraining order if you think it necessary to retain an attorney.

Most of all, take charge of your life and quit the drama.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:45 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
I must disagree with your bf's plan to go and see this girl's parents. She is of age, not a child and bringing her parents into the scenario will only fuel her even more. They cannot force her to go to counselling, either. She is an adult in the eyes of the law and you should treat her as such by doing what any rational person would do under the same circumstances which is to slap a restraining order on her IMMEDIATELY.

Be sure to document all instances of harrassment and, if possible, be prepared to produce witnesses who can confirm her actions.

Once you have a TRO in place, any documented infringement of that will be dealt with by the authorities. Many such obsessions are nipped in the bud by a TRO so stop messing about and go do it!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I must disagree with your bf's plan to go and see this girl's parents. She is of age, not a child and bringing her parents into the scenario will only fuel her even more. They cannot force her to go to counselling, either. She is an adult in the eyes of the law and you should treat her as such by doing what any rational person would do under the same circumstances which is to slap a restraining order on her IMMEDIATELY.
Yes, she is an adult, but he dated her for a year and is well acquainted with them. I would want to make sure that her parents knew the whole problem in case their daughter was making up some other story about their relationship. Just one simple visit to state the facts that it's over, when he told her that they were done, and that the next stop will be to get a restraining order out.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:55 AM

seriously thank you for all your advice...you all have helped out tremendously....he, in fact, did go to her parents and told them, but they were in denial....their sweet angel wouldn't do that!!! he was just like," whatever...just keep her away from me or i will get a restraining order, i want NOTHING to do with her...." Yes i for one HATE HATE HATE DRAMA....i am so over it. Drama is for high school kids. I am at i different stage in my life where i just want to heve peace and quiet. thanks again for your posts...it helped out alot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships