Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 07:13 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I did all that....and then some. I didn't consider myself 'friend zoned' because those men are my FRIENDS, and I'm not hanging out with them in the hopes that one day they'll sleep with me. Maybe if you treated others like people, instead of potential sex partners that would help you out a bit. I treat my lady friends no different than my gentleman friends except I generally don't talk about my periods around the guys.
Lately all the things I want out of life and the level of effort thoes things take have worn me out. Im not saying I would never talk to them or be mean and I would still be there friend, but when your spread thin how good of a friend can you really be to half dozen women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 07:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Lately all the things I want out of life and the level of effort thoes things take have worn me out. Im not saying I would never talk to them or be mean and I would still be there friend, but when your spread thin how good of a friend can you really be to half dozen women.
I do it quite easily. I have quite a few male and female friends that I'm in contact with fairly often and it's rarely an issue.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:19 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I do it quite easily. I have quite a few male and female friends that I'm in contact with fairly often and it's rarely an issue.
That is awesome.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Read the open letter below:

I've read this type of question from guys hundreds of times on hundreds of websites.

Here are some of the replies:

"They think your a pushover, that is why they aren't attracted to you. There is a fine line between being a nice guy but at the same time not being a pushover."
"Nice guys finish last. Girls act like they want a nice guy, but they don't really. You have to be harsh to them."
"Girls like confidence. This has been the problem for just about forever. Nice guys finish last is a term used for the nice guy who has no confidence and is too big a wuss to do something about his crush while the arrogant mean guy has the "guts" (different word that begins with a 'b' used here) to approach her." (this from a girl)

And, most interesting, the voice of experience possibly:
"Right! I'm a guy, 50 years of age. Girls don't like nice guys. They say they do but it's a lie. They are attracted to tall confident good looking men, especially ones that are nasty sexist pigs. They love "bad boys". What movies do you like, "nice" ones, or exciting ones?"

Now have a look at this open letter from a girl:

I have also read this type of question from girls hundreds of times on hundreds of websites.

What we have here is a strange, even bizarre disconnect. Hundreds of millions of nice, gentle good men begging for women that they can love tenderly but who are giving up the search, while at the same time hundreds of millions of nice girls begging for men to love them tenderly, but who have had their hearts shattered by guys so many times that they are giving up on love, or perhaps going lesbian while the guys maybe go homosexual, who knows. I have a cousin (female) who went lesbian after being hurt multiple times by men. She's now in a lesbian relationship going on 20 years and they have a sixteen year-old boy birthed by her. But it just seems that nice guys cannot connect with these seeming nice girls. Is it really true that girls just aren't attracted to nice, gentle guys; that they want "bad boys" with the scent and allure of danger and excitement about them? Or has nature just programmed them to be drawn to men who treat them badly? Or is this just a mechanism of nature whereby only a small percent of nice guys will ever find the nice girls they desperately seek? Think of this: if every nice guy got the nice girl of his dreams the world population would double overnight. Maybe this is just a fail-safe mechanism to keep humanity from falling off the globe. Someone once said:

"There IS someone that's right for you, but they're probably in Timbuktu."

Thoughts?

Queen - Radio Ga Ga - YouTube

Old 06-20-2013, 11:38 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
My thought is that the "nice" guys who finish last are usually not all that nice. In fact, they are often passive-aggressive guys with an overblown sense of entitlement. They think the fact they are so "nice" means women owe it to them to find them attractive. When this doesn't happen, they become bitter, whiny and misogynistic. I have never met a genuinely nice guy who wasn't admired by women.
Hmmm prob coming from a guy who is not a good guy? I disagree if you play by the rules of a gentleman you should be rewarded for being a gentleman, its no different from if you work hard you should get the rewards of hard work. This is not entitlement. Nor is this an overblown ego(im not saying attraction). Unlike the guy who has an overflatted sense of personal value and who is overconfident who thinks that just because he is he that woman should date him or find him attractive, without being a goodman or gentleman or putting any work in it. We don't value the former.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:08 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
They finish last during youth definitely. To put it simply nice guys get NO ASS from their teenage years all through their mid 20's

After that they can usually pick up the scraps from the bad boys,women who are past their prime, or ones looking to settle down during that time(most women).His career and financial outlook can speed up this process

Old 06-21-2013, 05:14 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
They finish last during youth definitely. To put it simply nice guys get NO ASS from their teenage years all through their mid 20's

After that they can usually pick up the scraps from the bad boys,women who are past their prime, or ones looking to settle down during that time(most women).His career and financial outlook can speed up this process
Some do, they just don't have something to come on here and complain about.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:16 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Quote:

Is "nice guy" a euphemism for "unattractive"?

What do all these "nice guys" have to offer women apart from their "niceness"?

I would say being "nice" isn't enough. You have to actually work to make yourself desirable. Everyone needs to have something to offer to attract a partner, male or female. Being the guy in the corner dressed in beige just isn't enough. You have to be intelligent, creative, well dressed, well spoken, educated, polite, CLEAN, a reasonable weight, I could go on.

Being "nice" doesn't entitle you to a damn thing, as one million unattractive "nice girls" will tell you.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:36 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,944,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Is "nice guy" a euphemism for "unattractive"?

What do all these "nice guys" have to offer women apart from their "niceness"?

I would say being "nice" isn't enough. You have to actually work to make yourself desirable. Everyone needs to have something to offer to attract a partner, male or female. Being the guy in the corner dressed in beige just isn't enough. You have to be intelligent, creative, well dressed, well spoken, educated, polite, CLEAN, a reasonable weight, I could go on.

Being "nice" doesn't entitle you to a damn thing, as one million unattractive "nice girls" will tell you.
I think it's a bit of a no brainer that people have more to their personality than their "niceness". Why is it that a lot of young women suffer from self esteem issues and depression that they either go to seek help for or don't compared to young men, but young men are the ones being criticized for being "nice" when its often due to socialization and lack of experience with women? That's not to say that being "nice" can't indicate something deeper, but I don't find it to be as self destructive.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:48 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:

Actually, I know a guy that's 20 from my high school class that is now engaged to his high school sweet heart (who is a beauty with intelligence, to say the least). He was an ace student and a real, charismatic, gentleman.

Not all nice guys finish last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships