Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which are the worst age range(s) for a man to be if he wants to date women ?
20-25 25 59.52%
25-30 5 11.90%
30-35 6 14.29%
35-40 0 0%
40-45 7 16.67%
45-50 10 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:00 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
this is a NOWADAYS thing??

Maybe is just my circle, or my type of people. Probably a lot of ignorant lower class people marry young in argentina as well
Oi! I got married young. And I'm college educated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 10:01 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
I will go as far as saying that among college educated people, that reads around 20 books a year, likes arts to a certain degree, frecuents museums, movies, theather, is interested in culture, and haves some kind of intellectual/artistic interest, the percentage of married people in the early 30s in the cosmopolitan cities WORLWIDE gotta be less than 5%

Old 06-20-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I will go as far as saying that among college educated people, that reads around 20 books a year, likes arts to a certain degree, frecuents museums, movies, theather, is interested in culture, and haves some kind of intellectual/artistic interest, the percentage of married people in the early 30s in the cosmopolitan cities WORLWIDE gotta be less than 5%
BS. They exist in London and Toronto. I read more than 20 books a year but I can't guarantee the quality of all of them. But I take the kids to museums, I don't get out as much with a family.

You really are being elitist. You've eliminated a large percentage of single people too with your list.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 PM

31,043 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
this is a NOWADAYS thing??

Maybe is just my circle, or my type of people. Probably a lot of ignorant lower class people marry young in argentina as well
I think thats pretty universal: younger, less educated people get married in larger numbers than do more educated and wealthier people.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
BS. They exist in London and Toronto. I read more than 20 books a year but I can't guarantee the quality of all of them. But I take the kids to museums, I don't get out as much with a family.

You really are being elitist. You've eliminated a large percentage of single people too with your list.
Getting married real young is something that non educated people do. Of course its not your case, you might be among the exceptions. Notice that im talking about NOWADAYS. People born in the 80s, not our parents generation. In my parents time, getting married in your 20s was cannon, even if you were very educated. My parents were both collegue graduates and they married in their early 30s and were a rarity back then.

But NOWADAYS, when marriage is certainly outdated, why would a person that was born in the 80s would wanna get married? I mean nowadays, of course, not even 10 or 15 years ago. Us people that grew up in the 80s have a completely different vision of marriage than the generations before us.

A married, educated, worldly, 30 year old person is an exception, not the rule.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:19 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post

There is a on going thread in another forum about pet peeves, one of my biggest pet peeves are intellectual snobs and education elitist....

I can hold a conversation with the best of them I'm no dummy, I don't have an advanced education but I did go to college, no masters here... but some of the most educated people I've known, and I known a lot of formally educated people, they were so damn dumb... you know what I mean, no quick wit, not able to really handle real life not quick on their feet, you get some of these elitist snobs outside of academia and they are downright stupid.........

I love education.... I really do... but some of the ego that gets involved just downright pisses me off.....you aren't better than a lot of other people... just because you were able to go to a class, take notes and regurgitate some shyt back out on a test form... has zero, I mean zero indication of intelligence... Intelligence takes many forms and academia is starting to finally recognize it.

I could rant more about this subject, as I have in other threads, but you get the drift.......

Old 06-20-2013, 10:22 PM

Intelligence is not getting married before 40. Thats what intelligence is.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:25 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
whatever

I'm not even married and I'm saying this.......

Old 06-20-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Getting married real young is something that non educated people do. Of course its not your case, you might be among the exceptions. Notice that im talking about NOWADAYS. People born in the 80s, not our parents generation. In my parents time, getting married in your 20s was cannon, even if you were very educated. My parents were both collegue graduates and they married in their early 30s and were a rarity back then.

But NOWADAYS, when marriage is certainly outdated, why would a person that was born in the 80s would wanna get married? I mean nowadays, of course, not even 10 or 15 years ago. Us people that grew up in the 80s have a completely different vision of marriage than the generations before us.

A married, educated, worldly, 30 year old person is an exception, not the rule.
My husband grew up in a Christian home. It was very important to him to get married and have kids. His parents hit fertility problems getting married and having kids in their 30's. He had a good plan for how we could make it work. Plus, my parents were young when they had us. I had 4 Great-Grandparents alive when I was born. 1 died before I started school. The other 3 died off during my teens and early 20's. I thought it would be nice if my own kids could know their Great-Grandparents. There's something to be said for knowing who these people were, you know? Plus, when my first child was born, my Grandmother came over to visit for a couple of weeks. She was an ace at helping me breastfeed. I wanted my kids to have that same connection with the past that I had. I loved hearing their stories when I was a kid. They had horses and carts and different vocabulary and funny old English country accents. I learned about WW1 from my Great-Grandfather who fought in World War 1. We re-enacted trench warfare and I learned about No Man's Land. I learned about steeping and coppicing.

There was so much I learned from them, I wanted my own children to have those same opportunities. To have a solid connection with the past that so many seem to lack.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
I'm intelligent. I just don't agree with you. You're ready to get married when you're ready. Be that 20, 30, 40, 50 or never. There isn't a correct time to do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships