Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Select the ages that are most difficult to date.
20-25 1 2.70%
25-30 1 2.70%
30-35 1 2.70%
35-40 7 18.92%
40-45 6 16.22%
45-50 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 03:24 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
This are your opinions. I dont agree with any of this, and IMO, reality shows this is not true at all.
It think it makes perfect sense. At the age of mid and late 20s, a woman has generally finished her studies and has entered into workforce (full-time). Add there a few years of work and you get a person who is pretty ready when it comes to all pre-requisites for SERIOUS dating. And she's still in her 20s. There's a psychological barrier for many people on certain age groups, it doesn't mean that it's detrimental, but it does mean that you need to bring something of bigger value to recompensate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Hahaha! This is so funny! People are posting gross generalizations on both sides of the argument. The bolded simply is not true as a universal statement. People visualize idealizations, and then post as if that were a universal truth. Dream on.
Believe it or not, that is the truth. We are talking about natural looks and attractiveness. Not about the fact that many guys are into hitting their teachers or are generally into much older women when it comes to their preference at younger age. That's PSYCHOLOGICAL just like many people (including me) have a preference towards girls with glasses.
For this sole reason it's very much needed to enforce the 18-year limit, not because of pedophiles. Pedophiles would be interested in prepubescent or children in early puberty. But lots of guys will find a GIRL who is 16 y/o as extremely attractive, believe it or not. Many women finish body transition very early and their following years are the age of their prime physical attractiveness, some of them start with 16 y/o into that "Prime attractiveness" age group indeed. If you'd lower the age limit you'd see the consequences yourself by guys hitting on CHILDREN for their sexual exploits, and being done completely legally.

This is why makeup is so important and a good trump card - it EXTENDS your youthful looks quite easily and enhances it. Younger women aren't experienced in either wearing high heels or applying a good makeup or displaying gestures that would boost their attractiveness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 03:26 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Hahaha! This is so funny! People are posting gross generalizations on both sides of the argument. The bolded simply is not true as a universal statement. People visualize idealizations, and then post as if that were a universal truth. Dream on.
This thread is making me laugh with some of the bizarre comments. If I'm not mistaken that poster is from India and they do have different views on this than we do.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:35 PM

I can repeat this so many times. If the age limit would be lowered to 16 y/o, you'd see people who aren't pedophiles at all hitting upon 16 and 17 y/o women on the streets and cafes. Some of them for a "fling", some of them for a "long-term".

Fact is that children might form their bodies early but their psychological development still isn't finished and you need to draw a line somewhere. U.S. government drew the line at 18 y/o. Church drew the line at 21 y/o. Some countries drew the line under 18 y/o and are part of the most developed world/Western Europe.

All in all, sex appeal towards older women, chubbier women, women with auburn red hair, women with sea-blue eyes, women with glasses, tall or short women, etc - it's not connected with a mainstream way of natural beauty. It is very telling when you see that women in fact attempt to look YOUNGER than their age and it means something.
This is what a 18 y/o girl doesn't get and she attempts to look OLDER. See this fact... she simply doesn't get it. She isn't a "prime attractive focus" to her male peers because they are still in the phase of hitting on their school teacher or imagining some sexually aggressive "older woman" hitting on them.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:28 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post

Believe it or not, that is the truth. We are talking about natural looks and attractiveness. Not about the fact that many guys are into hitting their teachers or are generally into much older women when it comes to their preference at younger age. That's PSYCHOLOGICAL just like many people (including me) have a preference towards girls with glasses.
Yes, we ARE talking about natural good looks, and that's why you're wrong if you believe all girls are attractive in their teens. Youth does not by any means guarantee beauty. You need to visit a girls' summer camp or an all-girls' school (if any exist anymore), and take a look at the 17- and 18-year-olds, and then get back to me. And I mean look at ALL of them, not just the ones that are pleasing to you. Or get some old highschool yearbooks, and take a good look at the girls in them.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:39 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
I'm not sure I want to know how you know this about your son.
Hey - My whole family is very honest and open about most subjects...We talk like men. Why would I NOT know how much my son loves woman and how much he is driven towards them...The daughters are another matter. They are more private because they are woman.....so what are you insinuating? Perhaps you come from a family where everything is secretive? All I know is what is genetic...My wife in her youth had a powerful libido ...I had a powerful sex drive....it would only make sense that our offspring would also have the same sexual survival instincts. I am glad my youngest son enjoys woman.....better than the alternative.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Yes, we ARE talking about natural good looks, and that's why you're wrong if you believe all girls are attractive in their teens. Youth does not by any means guarantee beauty. You need to visit a girls' summer camp or an all-girls' school (if any exist anymore), and take a look at the 17- and 18-year-olds, and then get back to me. And I mean look at ALL of them, not just the ones that are pleasing to you. Or get some old highschool yearbooks, and take a good look at the girls in them.
Let me tell you this, plain and simple. That's when woman reaches peak attractiveness for vast majority of guys who don't go after some "psychological" trait. I.e. I know that most guys were obsessed with their teachers in elementary/high school. I was one of them too. Now, just take a look: would they find those same teachers attractive if they saw them on the street at random, without being their teachers before that? I don't think so, they'd see them just like regular folks.

My point isn't that guys will stop going after older women... that's one big lie. I'm quite sure that I'm aroused by vast numbers of women if they do just a small effort. Trust me this whole deal with women being obsessed to make themselves pretty so that guys find them sexually attractive is a joke for the most part. I'm quite sure that guys are just making things up - it's rather just that most of them are jerks in America and they seek for a fling or temporary "romance" (read: sex). They do it because any human being is far more stimulated by CHANGING sex partners constantly and that's what the whole "me" and "entitlement" mentality created.
Women trying to look top-pretty for their husbands are thus making a huge mistake. Younger women are always generally more beautiful naturally and both men and women will find strongest sexual stimulation by constantly having new sex partners.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:30 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Hey - My whole family is very honest and open about most subjects...
We noticed!

Old 07-01-2013, 11:39 AM

257 posts, read 295,493 times
What's the most difficult age to be dating for a straight woman?-female-male_ratio.png
Guess!!

Old 07-01-2013, 11:49 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
Let me tell you this, plain and simple. That's when woman reaches peak attractiveness for vast majority of guys who don't go after some "psychological" trait. I.e. I know that most guys were obsessed with their teachers in elementary/high school. I was one of them too. Now, just take a look: would they find those same teachers attractive if they saw them on the street at random, without being their teachers before that? I don't think so, they'd see them just like regular folks.
I don't know why you're talking about students being attracted to teachers, and all that. This is about the simple fact that it's common for teenagers (male and female) to go through a long unattractive stage before the hormones balance out and their bodies reach adult form. Even some of those who are reasonably attractive by their late teens don't peak until their 20's sometime, sometimes later. That's just life.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:49 AM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart01 View Post
Thats missing the 30-65 age range? The 'At birth rate' imbalance is probably due to certain areas of the world like China where they terminate unborn Females at a hign rate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships