Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Select the ages that are most difficult to date.
20-25 1 2.70%
25-30 1 2.70%
30-35 1 2.70%
35-40 7 18.92%
40-45 6 16.22%
45-50 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 03:03 PM

103 posts, read 274,254 times

Advertisements

The older you get, the smaller the dating pool gets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 11:30 PM

382 posts, read 825,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Contrary to myth most women don't want to date older men. Why a 40 year old man or older would think 25 year old would be interested I will never understand. One of the reasons women traditionally married older had to do with him being the provider but now with women providing there is no reason to date an older man.
Completely agree with this. I don't know any attractive women in my group of friends who want to date much older men. In fact, it seems like the trend is for them to date slightly younger men for some reason...women used to want to date older men for financial reasons but now they don't need to settle b/c most women work.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:02 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divakat View Post
Completely agree with this. I don't know any attractive women in my group of friends who want to date much older men. In fact, it seems like the trend is for them to date slightly younger men for some reason...women used to want to date older men for financial reasons but now they don't need to settle b/c most women work.
Exactly but so many of these men don't get it. It's not like the older days when women looked at a man as a way to support her.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:02 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Exactly but so many of these men don't get it.
We don't "get it" because we're too busy dating younger women, and watching women such as yourself date older men. Actions speak louder than words.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:34 AM

257 posts, read 295,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
...I won't even dicuss the 40+ groups.

...Woman's best looks are the ages right after she ends with her puberty. As cruel or as offensive as it may sound to you or anyone else, that's the truth, women are naturally the most beautiful at that age. Make-up and other things will do a job good enough, but natural beauty of i.e. 19 y/o is generally unmatched by either 29 y/o or 39 y/o.
I was rereading this post and it reminded me of something an old boss said: "Life is equal to P2 (P squared), Packaging and Perception." I asked him about "S". "Substance". When you open the pretty and marketed package, shouldn't their be something substantive inside.
But I understand your view. We have become a superficial culture. Even make-up commercials show anti-wrinkle creams on teens.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:42 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
We don't "get it" because we're too busy dating younger women, and watching women such as yourself date older men. Actions speak louder than words.
Not hardly. While most men apparently want to date younger women, most younger women don't want to date them. Younger women tend to date men around their age.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:15 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I disagree. It's the exact opposite. Women, assuming they are attractive and personable, find their easiest years in the 18-25 rage with men of all stripes lining up to pick them up. They can take their pick of a very large litter, as many women have stated here on previous occasions. Then the line goes up from there, ease is 0 and impossible is 100. Conversely, men's difficulty starts way at the top and then goes down from there. They intersect probably around mid-30's and then it's easier for men in 40-60, if they still care about such things, while a woman after 40 has a greater chance of getting struck by lightning than she does finding a suitable mate.

How is it easier for men 40-60? That's not at all what I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships