Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2008, 10:05 AM

793 posts, read 2,213,697 times

Advertisements

I am not interested in strippers, so no.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:20 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Okay. Here's my experience.

I really got along with a girl in my apartment building. She was three years younger than I was, finishing up her finance degree. The total package: Beautiful, great personality, and smart. I was dating somebody else when we first met.

However, we really started talking to one another in the elevator, at the mailbox, you name it. We'd swap books, and the what not. And I helped edit a couple of her papers.

Finally, after three or four months, we got to talking, and it turned out she was a dancer. She started out dancing because her parents couldn't afford tuition, but she kept at it because the money was so outstanding.

Seriously. She claimed to get close to $500 a night in tips in cash--without lap dancing. Megan evidently had a shtick where she would wear conservative, schoolmarmish clothes from the Edwardian period (right down to the straw boater), and doff her duds. It wasn't the typical stripper stuff, evidently. No, I never went to see her dance. She asked for me not to, and I respected that. She was so popular that she would be invited to clubs in other cities to dance.

Now this was in the mid 1980s. $500 x 4 nights a week x 50 weeks a year was $100K in CASH. Once a week, she would take her proceeds and put them into a safe deposit box at the bank. I would walk with her as an unofficial security guard. Sure enough, Megan would open it, and there would be a lot of cash in there. She wouldn't deposit the money in a checking account, lest the IRS get wind of it.

Then, twice a year, she'd go scuba diving in the Cayman Islands. While there, she'd take a half-years proceeds with her and deposit it in the bank down there. She claimed to have $450,000 socked away already, and had decided to stop dancing when she was 30. She figured to have about a million, with which she could invest the proceeds.

Now, the funny thing is how conservative she was. She never had guys spend the night with her, and even attended church on an infrequent basis.

What's more, Megan began wanting to date me after I broke up with my girlfriend. For some reason, I turned her down. I was just too weird about dating a dancer at the time. Now that I look back, I think that I was a fool.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:07 PM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,200,055 times
Yes, no, maybe for a fun casual thing when I was back in college but not at this point in my life - if its nuffin serious then I'd say go for it but if you are looking to settle down and all that good stuff I really do not see what a stripper can bring to the table apart from a table dance.

IMHO a stripper is more concerned about how much money her body can make and how attractive she needs to look to get that money so there will definitely be a conflict of interest if you both decide to go into this relationship full-time.

====================

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Would you date a stripper?

Would you seriously date one, or just have a fun casual thing?

What would you do?

A little backstory: I'm going on a date with one this week. I met her at the gym through a friend. When I first met her I did not know she was a stripper but I told my friend that I thought she was attractive. About a day or two later he told me she was a stripper. My friend then basically told her that I thought she was cute and in return she let him know that she was checking me out too, so she gave me her number. Hence the question.

Personally I don't care. At this point in my life I happen to not really be looking for anything serious anyway so I wouldn't mind some fun. I'm curious to hear what other guys and even the ladies have to say about it.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:09 PM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
Hmmmm depends on what color though and maybe what type of fabric..lol

=========

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
What if there were G strings attached?

Old 04-21-2008, 12:10 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,692,731 times
a lot of stripers are lesbians in their private life, like a lot of prostitutes. Not meaning to equal them both, but they usually share a common thought: they feel mistreated and humilliated by men, so they tend to reject males in their private lives.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:19 PM

Yea what happened to the O.P. am anxious to know...did he fall in love with a stripper?

Updates..please..!!!

================

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I'm surprised this thread is still alive. I'm sure the O.P. has gone through with this novel experience of dating a stripper and is probably moved on to something else by now. Now he has a good story to tell when he goes out drinking with his buddies.

greenie

Old 04-21-2008, 01:19 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
The only experience that I have with this subject was a girl from my old real estate office who was also a stripper.
She started going after other women's husbands in the office. Caused all sorts of drama. Before I knew what she was up to I went to one of her parties. There were some other very obviously stripper girls there as well. They were all getting coked up. Not really my scene.

She picked up a lot of her real estate clients at her strip club. Everyone looked oddly at her clients because after a while we all knew where she was finding them. Yuck. Men who go after strippers just seem silly to me. Like they REALLY think she likes them for their personality? I think not - it's all about what they have in their wallet. If a man doesn't mind looking like a fool in order to go out with a hot chick, then that's fine. His choice. Make no mistake though, anyone who knows will be chuckling at his expense behind his back.

The girl from my office had sugar daddies - she would find some foolish man and relieve him of his cash before moving on to the next one. I figure that they got a fair exchange. A guy who would go for that probably couldn't get anything better, so it's a win win situation.

Everyone needs to make a living, but there are other ways to pay college debt.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:25 PM

681 posts, read 2,878,091 times
Y'all should check out the Engelbert Humperdinck song "My Wife The Dancer" if you want a good laugh along these lines. (Yeah, he's famous for love ballads. Trust me, this song is WAY different!)

I'd never have dated a stripper even if she were very conservative in all other ways. Such women, at the very least, have a pathetically poor self-image if they can allow themselves to be degraded to the point of being mere objects... even if it is for good money.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:58 PM

58 posts, read 332,830 times
Quote:

What would you do?

A little backstory: I'm going on a date with one this week. I met her at the gym through a friend. When I first met her I did not know she was a stripper but I told my friend that I thought she was attractive. About a day or two later he told me she was a stripper. My friend then basically told her that I thought she was cute and in return she let him know that she was checking me out too, so she gave me her number. Hence the question.

Personally I don't care. At this point in my life I happen to not really be looking for anything serious anyway so I wouldn't mind some fun. I'm curious to hear what other guys and even the ladies have to say about it.

If you are not serious I say hey go for it. I dont think it is of any concern to any future with someone else you may have. I could care less who and what profession my husband dated before me. Word of advice would be to avoid saying anything to any future girls you're with or even meet, this may cause you to be looked at like a creep.

My brother-in law has been with a stripper for 6 or 7 years. A very ugly one. She's about 5 ft and 160 lbs, I always figured it was a seedy little joint. The other girls she talks about are ugly too. I always thought there was somewhat of a standard.....guess not.

So if she is good looking....she works out....Hey why not? I'd check out where she works before any seriousness takes place You could be in for heartache before you know it....Jealousy is an ugly little thing. And in this case I would think hard to avoid.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:25 PM

545 posts, read 2,043,730 times
Quote:

What would you do?

REPLY: Such a woman has most likely had a poor relationship with her Father growing up or a non existent one. I think it would be very insensitive and predatory for anyone to try to use such a woman for temporary sexual thrills only to discard her eventually. She needs Men in her life that can model real integrity, morality, and be a trustworthy friend instead of taking advantage of her low self esteem and past emotional hurts. Doesnt this sound like something a nice caring Man would do instead of using her as a temporary fun object ? I think so. I hope you will too. She needs some compassion .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships