Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2008, 02:50 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,772,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post

I'm assuming someone gave their opinion that wasn't popular with everyone else.
Actually it was just the opposite.

Everyone gave their opinions and they were all unpopular with one just person.

Or maybe two people because I don't think the original complainer had the power to delete the thread, so evidently a moderator shared his opinion.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:08 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,570,320 times
Just a thought on the stripper thread...

This is all just academic discussion anyway, since 98%+ of the strippers I've known already have either a boyfriend or husband.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,916,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Just a thought on the stripper thread...

This is all just academic discussion anyway, since 98%+ of the strippers I've known already have either a boyfriend or husband.
Ha-ha, so they're not really waiting for all these cruel and unforgiving men to have some mercy, huh?!

Old 04-24-2008, 03:21 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,562,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Actually it was just the opposite.

Everyone gave their opinions and they were all unpopular with one just person.

Or maybe two people because I don't think the original complainer had the power to delete the thread, so evidently a moderator shared his opinion.
I don't know what thread it was, I've had some of my inappropriate comments deleted before also. And my posts were inappropriate for a PG-13 forum anyway.

But anyway, even if unpopular with one person, they were still entitled to write their opinion.

Sorry, back to the stripper conversation.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,916,249 times
Quote:
I don't know what thread it was, I've had some of my inappropriate comments deleted before also. And my posts were inappropriate for a PG-13 forum anyway.

But anyway, even if unpopular with one person, they were still entitled to write their opinion.
You seem to be missing the point here. When we disagree with his opinions, we don't ask for them to be deleted, even though this is not the Religion forum and they're highly inappropriate since they consist of nothing but consistent preaching. What is this, a preschool? Please Mr/Mrs, he's pulling my braids... expel him!

Which relationship topic is PG-13 anyway? On the other hand, probably many 13-year olds can put many of us to shame... For instance, a few days ago I learned a new word I've never heard of, which was coming from exactly a 13-year old. Teabagging anybody? As I know the thread in question, I can say nobody was using foul language or anything like that...

Old 04-24-2008, 03:34 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,768,339 times
Quote:

Sorry, back to the stripper conversation.
You? Need censorship? I don't believe it.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:21 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,205,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You seem to be missing the point here. When we disagree with his opinions, we don't ask for them to be deleted, even though this is not the Religion forum and they're highly inappropriate since they consist of nothing but consistent preaching. What is this, a preschool? Please Mr/Mrs, he's pulling my braids... expel him!

Which relationship topic is PG-13 anyway? On the other hand, probably many 13-year olds can put many of us to shame... For instance, a few days ago I learned a new word I've never heard of, which was coming from exactly a 13-year old. Teabagging anybody? As I know the thread in question, I can say nobody was using foul language or anything like that...
Teabagging is fun, but she's gotta have an open mind

There were TWO threads in question. One was started by someone else, it asked if 'Size Was Important'. This one was going for a little bit, so I started a poll. It was called: How Big is Your Unit? After I had it up for a few minutes, I personally sent a private message to johnycakes a moderator, because I wanted to make sure it was not too over the top for this board. I didn't think it would be, but I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be banned or anything. He sent me a pm back saying that he didn't have a problem with it, but that there had been a thread a couple months ago on a similar topic, and several people had been offended by it, so eventually that thread got locked/deleted. He said he thanked me for bringing it to his attention first, rather than let people be offended which might cause infractions beyond a thread lock. Then he deleted the first post (not mine) and then locked/deleted my Poll thread. So basically IBeDavid didn't Narc, and nobody was offended yet, but the mod believed people would be.

Personally I think we *should* have a sub-forum called "Sex."
Rated R? Rated XXX? something more than PG-13, most of us on City-Data are over the age of 13!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 06:30 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,768,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
Personally I think we *should* have a sub-forum called "Sex."
Rated R? Rated XXX? something more than PG-13, most of us on City-Data are over the age of 13!!!
LOL I think you're serious.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:33 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,837,689 times
There are sex forums out there. This being the internet, they shouldn't be hard to find. You can't swing a dead cat around the internet without hitting a sex forum.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:36 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,562,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

No, I know what your talking about. And I don't believe anyone has the power to have a thread deleted except for a moderator. I read a few posts after yours on here and know which one was deleted now!! I actually posted in the one about "is size important". In my experience since I've been on CD, which is almost two years, those threads are always deleted! LOL You have to hurry up and get your comments in before the mods get to it!

I just feel that people should be allowed to write whatever they want, whether they are preaching their religious beliefs, atheist beliefs, and all beliefs in between, no matter what forum it is in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships