Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 12:15 PM

9 posts, read 136,814 times

Advertisements

This guy friend of mine is sometimes flirty with me... he compliments me sometimes (called me fantastic for instance), and i realized sometimes he is a bit touchy, like he would brush my hand (for instance when we are in the dining all and he is right after me in the queue and were are serving ourselves food, he would come kind of close and press his hand to mine while serving himself ... I know it sounds stupid but i go to dining all every day and i never touch anyone's hand, there is room, and nobody touches mine either). Or he would reach my feet with his under the table without moving away, he also put his arm next to mine when we are at the cinema with friends, like my arm was slightly on my side of the armset and he put his arm there until touching mine without moving away (well he did at some point but not quickly... he left it there a bit and i felt a bit awkward... didn't move mine away cause I somehow have an interest in him, but I felt kind of embarrassed and confused, as far as I'm concerned, if someone touches my arm or feet by accident (or not), I'd move it away. I know he had an interest in me months ago when we met (was asking me out often, trying to spend time alone with me, texting me all the time, but I kind of refused all his invitations cause I didn't know him and was a bit scared, not ready, I know, it is stupid... now I do have interest in him, feelings grew...). Anyways, do you think it means anything, and he might still have some kind of an interest or feel an attraction, would you guys touch a girl friend's feet under the table for instance like this, without moving away ? Also...Do you guys ever completely stop liking a girl ...?
Thanks in advance !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 12:25 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,677 times
One of the easiest ways to make people comfortable with you is to have physical contact with them, hugs, touching etc. Men always like a challenge so when you brushed him off he probably got more attracted to you. Why do you have feeling for him now?

Old 06-21-2013, 04:29 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Flirt back.
If he's touching your feet, that's called footsie. That's very serious business. Flirt even harder when that happens.
We never stop liking girls. Unless they give us a reason to.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:46 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,351 times
How long he going to flirt with you? You need to make him talk to you about his feelings to you.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:53 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna181 View Post
This guy friend of mine is sometimes flirty with me... he compliments me sometimes (called me fantastic for instance), and i realized sometimes he is a bit touchy, like he would brush my hand (for instance when we are in the dining all and he is right after me in the queue and were are serving ourselves food, he would come kind of close and press his hand to mine while serving himself ... I know it sounds stupid but i go to dining all every day and i never touch anyone's hand, there is room, and nobody touches mine either). Or he would reach my feet with his under the table without moving away, he also put his arm next to mine when we are at the cinema with friends, like my arm was slightly on my side of the armset and he put his arm there until touching mine without moving away (well he did at some point but not quickly... he left it there a bit and i felt a bit awkward... didn't move mine away cause I somehow have an interest in him, but I felt kind of embarrassed and confused, as far as I'm concerned, if someone touches my arm or feet by accident (or not), I'd move it away. I know he had an interest in me months ago when we met (was asking me out often, trying to spend time alone with me, texting me all the time, but I kind of refused all his invitations cause I didn't know him and was a bit scared, not ready, I know, it is stupid... now I do have interest in him, feelings grew...). Anyways, do you think it means anything, and he might still have some kind of an interest or feel an attraction, would you guys touch a girl friend's feet under the table for instance like this, without moving away ? Also...Do you guys ever completely stop liking a girl ...?
Thanks in advance !
He likes you. He is showing it by his touching.

Just tell him how you feel.

"I like you...I was just not sure what I wanted to do."

Old 06-22-2013, 08:25 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna181 View Post
Thanks in advance !
I've said this before, but it bears repeating. Men almost never make a serious effort to befriend women without a romantic and/or sexual motive. I mean, almost never. If your male friend even goes out of his way to see you, never mind all this touchy-feely stuff, the chances he wants more than friendship are about 99.9%

Old 06-22-2013, 08:29 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
he doesnt know where he stands with you,,,,,let him know,,

gotta admire the canine world,,,a couple sniffs and you know right where you stand....

Old 06-23-2013, 11:27 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
You are eating meals with him and going to the movies with him. He wants to move the relationship along.

You need to decide whether or not you want to move to the next step or not. If not, don't allow him to touch you.

Because you know him well enough to eat your meals with him and go to the movies with him, it would be OK if you asked him out, to do something fairly neutral. "Let's go to the gallery opening together" "How about going to the zoo with me next Sunday?" "There is a street fair this weekend. Want to go with me?"

You can link your arm through his while you are walking around, and he will get the message.

I've got to tell you, though, I think it is a little creepy for a guy to keep touching a woman who has told him that she doesn't want to go out with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships