Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 12:07 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,822,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I'm not sure, but I suspect maybe a younger woman is less likely to want marriage. I really don't know though.
Then it's my opinion that they shouldn't be screwing girls who are young enough to get pregnant but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
This is why the two older men I dated singled me out. In both cases I had just broken up with boyfriends (who were 1-2 years older)and had other issues going on and was vulnerable. In one case I was 21, the other 22. Neither had any intention of having an equal mate, just to control me. In the case of the man I moved in with several months later I woke up and realized what was happening.
That's my experience too. I was 21 too, and was with a man ten years older than me for four months. He played himself to be this nice guy, he had all this varied work experience, and he could talk about himself and his hobbies like no tomorrow. He was from out of town, doing time in a halfway house and we rode the same bus to our workplaces. He turned out to be verbally abusive and blamed everybody else for his problems. He was always trying to rush our relationship, sneaking around to spend time with me, and trying to get me to move in with him when he got out of the halfway house. As soon as he left town I ended it. There's no way at 29 I'd enter the same situation like that, but at 21 I didn't know I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 12:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,990,374 times
@JerZ: Your geeky wish is my command .

From this article at NatGeo:

Women may make new eggs throughout their reproductive years—challenging a longstanding tenet that females are born with finite supplies, a new study says.

...Previous research had suggested that a woman is born with all the egg cells she will ever have in her lifetime.

But in recent experiments, scientists discovered a new type of stem cell in the ovaries that—when grown in the lab—generates immature egg cells. The same immature cells isolated from adult mouse ovaries can turn into fertile eggs.

The finding reinforces the team's previous experiments in mice, which had identified a new type of ovarian stem cell that renews a female mouse's source of eggs throughout its fertile years.

That study, published in the journal Nature in 2004, was the "first to reach the conclusion that this long-held belief in our field—that young girls are given a bank account at birth that you can no longer deposit eggs to, just withdraw from—was no longer true,"said study leader Jonathan Tilly.

...Since it's prohibited to legally experiment on a living person, the scientists injected the fluorescent-tagged stem cells into small pieces of human ovarian tissue and grafted that tissue onto female mice...

Within one to two weeks, the fluorescent human stem cells had developed into fluorescent immature egg cells, which were indistinguishable from the egg cells already present in the tissue.

By showing that the stem cells can produce immature egg cells in living human tissue, this experiment "sealed the identity of these newly discovered cells in women," said Tilly, whose study was published online February 26 in the journal Nature Medicine.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:13 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Thanks, Nila!

Old 06-24-2013, 12:14 PM

I am totally sure that this new science is going to completely end the distorted evpsych myth that older men want young women for genetic reasons. We will never hear that argument put forward again, from this day on.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:33 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I am totally sure that this new science is going to completely end the distorted evpsych myth that older men want young women for genetic reasons. We will never hear that argument put forward again, from this day on.
Its going to do nothing of the sort, you just need to sit down and use your brain for 5 minutes to understand the concept. It is not a conscious decision for a man to seek fertile women (young and beautiful). Its not as if men think "I will seek out a fertile woman, because that is who i am attracted to, so she has to be young". It is a completely subconscious process for men to equate youth and beuaty with health and fertility and it is completely out of our control as far as attraction goes. I realize that several over the hill women on CDR will claw and scratch to deny reality, but thats what it is. Think about it, understand it and deal with it.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:35 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,897,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Its going to do nothing of the sort, you just need to sit down and use your brain for 5 minutes to understand the concept. It is not a conscious decision for a man to seek fertile women (young and beautiful). Its not as if men think "I will seek out a fertile woman, because that is who i am attracted to, so she has to be young". It is a completely subconscious process for men to equate youth and beuaty with health and fertility and it is completely out of our control as far as attraction goes. I realize that several over the hill women on CDR will claw and scratch to deny reality, but thats what it is. Think about it, understand it and deal with it.
Eh, no one is saying you can't be attracted to younger women, just that they don't desire much older men in the same rates they are desired by older guys.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Aw geez, calm down. People are just giving their opinions, no need to go crazy over it. If this is what you like then it is, and if it's true and you believe other people are wrong, then they're not hurting anyone but themselves, right? So it's really no skin off your teeth in that case. No need to react so defensively.

And again, what men "like," whether from a biological standpoint or not, has no bearing on what this post is about: what women do (and don't) like. You can keep on following your biology forever, that's fine; we probably will too. But hammering in how apparently unchangeable your own likes are does nothing to change women over to wanting way older men because "they can't help it, it's their biology." We can't help it either so what's your point?

Old 06-24-2013, 12:37 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't believe I've seen any studies that state sperm quality is more responsible for birth defects than egg quality and I doubt that's true, TBH.

We are born with only a certain amount of immature eggs and they themselves age, in addition to the carrier of them aging and the hormones therefore being non-optimal to produce a healthy egg. With men, because "fresh" sperm are continuously created they only have that one factor, the aging and hormones of the carrier/producer himself. Yes, this means an older man's sperm has a higher chance of producing a child with birth defects but for him it's only the single factor (the producer himself aging).

At this point I don't care who has stellar sperm since I'm done with all that. I'm just interested in what I'm attracted to in men. Totally freeing.
It was in something I just read, which stated sperm might have more birth defects than eggs. Surprised me to say the least and it may change things. Then again men might still say they can get women pregnant anytime whereas women go through menopause.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Its going to do nothing of the sort, you just need to sit down and use your brain for 5 minutes to understand the concept.

That was a joke, ascension. The hyperbolic word choices, so out of character for me, were the clues.

Quote:
It is not a conscious decision for a man to seek fertile women (young and beautiful). Its not as if men think "I will seek out a fertile woman, because that is who i am attracted to, so she has to be young". It is a completely subconscious process for men to equate youth and beuaty with health and fertility and it is completely out of our control as far as attraction goes.
So you are saying that men's unconscious minds have this hardwired, but inaccurate, idea that youth = fertility? How would something so inaccurate evolve?

Quote:
I realize that several over the hill women on CDR will claw and scratch to deny reality, but thats what it is. Think about it, understand it and deal with it.
So, the reality that those of us in our 40s and 50s are sexually propositioned by men in their 20s every day (AND by men in their 60s)... you are clawing and scratching to deny that reality? Why? Does it contradict your deeply cherished beliefs?

Old 06-24-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post

So, the reality that those of us in our 40s and 50s are sexually propositioned by men in their 20s every day (AND by men in their 60s)... you are clawing and scratching to deny that reality? Why? Does it contradict your deeply cherished beliefs?
I almost get the feeling on here sometimes that men are trying to "convince" younger/hotter, etc. women to date them and they think that if they come out with all this "reasoning," we'll suddenly become attracted to them.

Not saying that's a certainty, just that this is definitely how it feels. "You SHOULD give an old gipper a chance because of X, Y and Z. And if you don't, then I'm going to insult you by saying you don't know anything, or give some 'meow' type answer aimed at making you feel pretty darned small. So get on the ball and date me already! Or I'll basically call you either an idiot or an old lady! And boy will that smart."

Yeah, very convincing.

Not saying that women don't do this too. But if there's any "clawing and scratching" it always becomes apparent -- very quickly -- whose side is doing the truly motivated clawing and scratching on the "age" threads. Sure women get defensive -- it's aimed directly at us, after all. But to see the "No you're so wrong! Dummy! Old lady!" freaked-out replies are the real entertainment value in such threads if there is one.

Relax, guys. If everything you're saying is true then you're already getting all makes and models of super-young hotties. No reason to get so hot under the hood about it in that case, just go enjoy already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships