Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 03:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, I am 28, I don't find a 50 year old attractive. It is natural, right?
I don't find the average 50 year old man attractive either and definitely didn't as a younger woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 03:00 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But would you take a fat ugly man who was 45 when you were 25? not likely.

I wouldn't take any man I wasn't attracted to regardless of age. I would go out and meet handsome 40+ year old gentlemen and meet some unattractive twenty something, crude guys.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, I am 28, I don't find a 50 year old attractive. It is natural, right?
Only you can make that decision.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
There aren't a lot of attractive older men that I see, just ugly fat old men.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:

Must be where you live then
or
you're not hanging in the right places
or
you just don't get out enough.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:06 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
I am only saying at my age, I haven't met ONE attractive 50 year old. I've met 3 attractive men in their early 40s though. I am sure if I am in my 40s, my taste in men will change dramatically.

At this age, I cannot see that happening, and Yes, if a 50 year old approaches me, no matter how he looks, I would be a bit annoyed. First of all, I don't know if he is married and will wonder why the heck he is still single chasing after a 28 year old, secondly, I would automatically assume he is going after sex.

I am not delusional either.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:10 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
So you think when a 50-something man is with a 20-something woman, it means he "has to" be? As in he couldn't get a woman in her 50's to go out with him?
Actually, IRL, IME, that is the most common situation. I know this is VERY different from some men's fantasy .

Old 06-24-2013, 03:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I think once you are out in the "Adult" world the age gaps are less troubling. I can think of 3 separate ladies I knew in college dating men in their 40s and 50s that I found problematic.

We were really mean, we had nicknames for the men. (Hey, I was 19!!!). We called one the troll. He was 1 ft shorter than his girlfriend. And well, he really did look like one of those troll dolls. Another one? Well he was also let's just say interesting. And we called him Storytime. He liked to read mysteries aloud to his girlfriend and her roommate in their dorm room. And then the last one was when were a bit older, another friends roomie. There was the old man crew who lived in our dorm. The two men who were best friends, grad students, and definitely late 40s. They looked like old men. The two were always inviting women to their rooms for wine and cheese parties. Max age invited was about 22. Or they tagged along with another older guy who had parties. He was mid 30s. A little old, but his goal was to introduce the younger ladies to wine and cheese. He only dated women his own age (or within a few years) and basically just flirted with the younger ladies for eyse candy. It wasn't creepy, since he basically invited like 3-5 women at a time to each party, so safety in numbers.

Oh I forgot one. The Doctor. He was super creepy. About 40, and he was from Africa (country not named intentionally). He basically was seeking out any young black women to "take care of them." So the first of my friends it happened to warned the rest of us. He was always trying to bribe us with either dinner, the keys to his room to use his big screen tv, or watch movies. He would offer to cart us around in his car for errands, and bring us gifts from "home." [Um, after the warning from friend number one, we ran away as soon as he was coming near us at meal times, so this devotion was unwarranted. We hardly talked to him unless we got cornered in the dining hall]

It is really too bad for the older men out there. I had so many sketchy experiences from age 13-22 or so, they never had a chance.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:11 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
If you mean that you don't know why people would make sweeping generalizations as if they pertain to all women or men when they're really referring to their own experiences, I dunno why either.
Lol, no, I meant I don't know why some people misunderstand this common linguistic shortcut .

Do the same people get upset when they read a picture book to a toddler and it says, 'Apples are red'? Not all apples are.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:11 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
As I didn't ask you to agree with me or my opinion.

Just because you're not receptive to an older man, doesn't mean other younger women feel the same way. At 25, there's no way I would have dismissed a man who looked like Jason Statham at a bar/lounge just because he was 45+.
When I was 25 I didn't really perceive someone like that to be attractive, more than likely I would have walked on by and not noticed him. If I would have thought he was attractive, it would have been more of a "he is attractive for his age". The hair loss would have been a strike against him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships