Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 03:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
I live in Chicago and I'd say those look more like 60-year-old men to me. (They look roughly my dad's age. He's 62.) Perhaps you're encountering men who are lying about their ages?
Yeah, they definitely look like they're in the 60-something range, except maybe for the Dr. Phil guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 03:41 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
I live in Chicago and I'd say those look more like 60-year-old men to me. (They look roughly my dad's age. He's 62.) Perhaps you're encountering men who are lying about their ages?
No. I did a quick google serch "sexy 50 year old men" and I got those result. lol

So I can only "assume" they are in their 50s. I don't talk to old men at all.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:45 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
You know, a little off topic, but this thread kind of reminds me about a 45-year-old man I went out with once. For some reason, he thought I was in my early 30s! And he kept telling me how beautiful I was. When I told him I was 40 he was horrified and the date ended because I was "old." LOL. I mean he was in real shock and thought I was joking with him. The look on his face was classic.

Makes me wonder, offline, how many men think they are flirting with much younger women when they really aren't. Some of us who take care of ourselves, don't age as quickly as others may think.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:45 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
I'd say the 1st one looks like he's in his mid-60s to 70.
The middle looks 50s.
Bottom could pass for 50 something.

But ive seen hotter 50 somethings.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:48 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,920,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No. I did a quick google serch "sexy 50 year old men" and I got those result. lol
You were apparently quite selective in which results you showed us. I just did the same search and saw dozens of shirtless model-type dudes with ripped pecs and abs along with George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Nikki Sixx, Johnny Depp, and Jay Z.

I also saw Betty White. If she can make the list I have to assume a few 60 or 70 year old men (like the ones you posted) could, too.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
You know, a little off topic, but this thread kind of reminds me about a 45-year-old man I went out with once. For some reason, he thought I was in my early 30s! And he kept telling me how beautiful I was. When I told him I was 40 he was horrified and the date ended because I was "old." LOL. I mean he was in real shock and thought I was joking with him. The look on his face was classic.

Makes me wonder, offline, how many men think they are flirting with much younger women when they really aren't. Some of us who take care of ourselves, don't age as quickly as others may think.
Ha, you've all heard my story on here about the 41-year-old impotent guy with constipation issues and the inability to drive more than a few miles to our dates due to his back arthritis, who smugly told me I was lucky to go out with him because at 31 I was "the very oldest" he'd go since he was "a young 41."

I'm sure we all have stories...for good or for ill, and from both sexes...funny stuff...

Old 06-24-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
You were apparently quite selective in which results you showed us. I just did the same search and saw dozens of shirtless model-type dudes with ripped pecs and abs along with George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Nikki Sixx, Johnny Depp, and Jay Z.

I also saw Betty White. If she can make the list I have to assume a few 60 or 70 year old men (like the ones you posted) could, too.
Okay, but exactly how representative are the above of the average over-50 U.S. male?

And yep, the image tags or what-have-you could have encompassed *over* 50s as well (60s, 70s, etc.). Additionally, he the first and third ones looked like modeling poses/portfolio pics, it's just as likely as not that they lied about their ages.

Google will bring up the most bizarre stuff, today I was searching a picture labeled "hypnosis" for an assignment I'm doing and I got a picture of a goat as one of the results.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:50 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/346787_f248.jpg Let's face it, no 50 year old looks like him, but he still looks old

http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/de...h_Laurie_2.jpg Hugh Laurie is 54 year old. Obviously, this is a very good picture of him,

But when you look at this picture, you'd go

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...aurie_2009.jpg

Old 06-24-2013, 03:50 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Ha, you've all heard my story on here about the 41-year-old impotent guy with constipation issues and the inability to drive more than a few miles to our dates due to his back arthritis, who smugly told me I was lucky to go out with him because at 31 I was "the very oldest" he'd go since he was "a young 41."

I'm sure we all have stories...for good or for ill, and from both sexes...funny stuff...
Yeah, I saw that... that beats mine for sure.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:51 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,920,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

So I can only "assume" they are in their 50s. I don't talk to old men at all.
In other words, you don't know their ages. It's pretty safe to assume most of the guys you're seeing around Chicago who look like that are not 50.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships