Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 03:25 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times

Advertisements

In my op the ideal of a good man or bad man or nice man is false, An illusion of absolute black and white thinking.

My exp is that i have been all of the above in my life and can be any of the above at any given time. It is an illusion to believe that everything is absolute in this world and in dating, relations etc. Usually the world and my life works in cycles. The only control i have is how much i feed my side that is light or my shadow side thus helping with the extent of how much control each side has in my life at any givin time, but i will never completely lose my dark or light self.

Further the ideal that i or anyone can be completely selfless or have no motivations in everything we do is also an illusion. Good Man, Bad Man, Nice Man all have motivations, and it dose not mean there bad. Motivations of sharing your life with the opp sex is natural. What control we have to an extent, is what we do with iit after.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 03:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
I'm a **tch I'm a child I'm a mother I'm your lover
I'm a sinner I'm a saint I'm nothing inbetween
I'm your hell I'm your heaven

Old 06-22-2013, 03:48 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Well, it's kind of a truism of the post-WW2 world that all humans have the capacity for evil. But love is not a war, and I think one can find partners who choose to do the right thing, the kind thing, the just thing, the honorable thing even when it is inconvenient or scary for them. There might sometimes be disagreements about how those values should be prioritised -- is it more important to be kind or to be just, for example? -- but I think we can avoid real evil.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:47 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times
I can agree. Most men are good/nice. So are most women. We should all be gaining wisdom with age. Some don't, some gain faster and slower than others and some learn all the wrong lessons. Sometimes, we make the wrong choices either because we don't know any better. Sometimes, we make the wrong choices because we can be selfish at times.

I would say there are very few that could be categorized as 'bad' men and women. Just normal people making bad decisions for the most part.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:54 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
I think that there are good people, nice people, and bad people.

The gender is irrelevant so stop posting sexist threads.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:59 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
I would say there are very few that could be categorized as 'bad' men and women. Just normal people making bad decisions for the most part.

..which is not to say that people do not kill and maim their intimate partners every day, because they do. One problem is that those people depend on their targets' belief that people like them only exist in movies.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:37 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Depends on the day, time, month or season.

Like a box of chocolates......

If you can control yourself in a heated exchange then you are a good man.

No one is good till you are tested and pass with good true colors.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:28 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I am aware that men want something. I happen to want that too. Outside of that, what I look at is if a man cares about me and loves me, as I will him.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I think that there are good people, nice people, and bad people.

The gender is irrelevant so stop posting sexist threads.
Uhmmmm who is posting sexist threads? I am a guy.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Depends on the day, time, month or season.

Like a box of chocolates......

If you can control yourself in a heated exchange then you are a good man.

No one is good till you are tested and pass with good true colors.
I totally agree, but even without the heated exchange do we have the comp to be good and selfless or bad and selfish all the time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships