Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 07:29 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I totally understand how some people dont like the bar scene. My gf doesnt much.

At the same time I think theres tons of stereotypes here about the "type" of people that go to them or judging them based on a few experiences. Ive had some bad things happen like many others. Cigarette ash on my white shirt. Tons of drinks spilled on me. One time a chicks blue martini spilled ALL down the front of my white shirt.

Still not the times I think of compared to how much fun you can have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
I haven't had drinks spilled on me. I have been ashed on. And I got trampled when a fight broke out around me (I had NOTHING to do with it.) And one time a guy grabbed my wrists and wouldn't let go and thought it was so damn funny. I argued with him for awhile and then head butted his nose because he didn't leave me any options.

That said, the good definitely has outweighed the bad. I'm not in the least discouraged from going out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 07:29 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I find what I like to dance to isn't related to what I like to listen to at home. I go out to dance to house, hip hop, Mash-up, progressive/electro house. Unfortunately, a lot of places play top 40 and I'm not in the underground scene these days. I grew up.
^^ Yep, I'll just leave the mike on and let you represent. (I don't sound this cool IRL,) LOL. At home my listening collection is so far removed from what I like to dance to in a club.

Wait, wait, they have been known to club up versions of Enya's music, also, there were several classical pieces that were turned into club hits in the past including Beethoven's 5th symphony. Whut, whut. get on the floor.

Last edited by TRosa; 06-23-2013 at 07:41 PM..

Old 06-23-2013, 07:32 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
I'm not discouraged from going out, either. I just have certain atmospheres I prefer over others, and always have.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:34 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,597,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Totally agree...except I'm a girl.

My SO and I had what is basically my perfect day yesterday...walked around our city, went to the art gallery, had lunch outdoors, met friends at our fave Tex-Mex bar and grill, great conversation, then went home, had Margaritas on the patio, and stayed up to see the "supermoon!"

I'm a music lover and musician, but clubs never were my scene.
Sounds absolutely ideal to me! That's how I spend my free days in the summer, too. Often those walks involve stopping in at a bar or two, but never a dance club. Eww.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:37 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,692,903 times
I think hate is a bit strong I believe most people are not just not fond or apathetic to bars and clubs.

Me myself neither bars or clubs work for me.

Clubs are just too crowded and closed in and that just doesn't work for me. At family get together's I like dancing from time to time but clubs loud plus crowded just don't work for me.

Bars are weird because I don't like alcohol so with the exception of a family get together or something like that I won't really touch it. Now I know I could go and just socialize and not order any alcohol but it feels weird to me like going to a Mexican restaurant and ordering a cheeseburger its not sacrilege but its just is a quirk of mine.

I have also seen the snobbery come from both sides. You have people looking down a bar and club people as "primitive" in that real snub manner and people who do like clubs and bars do this pity thing where they think people who don't attend clubs or bars are living a sad lonely unfullfilling lives.

These small sections of people then cause the drama for those of us in the middle add in miscommunication and poster being taken for those snobs they hate and boom a minor preference gets a lot of heat.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:48 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,168,999 times
I wonder if some of these posters are suffering from nose bleeds.....

Anyways, I really like upscale lounges (especially with a live band, like jazz) and bars, but I'm not the biggest of most sports fans tend to be....extra enthusiastic about the game.

Clubs aren't my first choice, but I'll go if my friends want to and it's a nice spot. I only go with a group of friends and I kind of 'look out' for them, especially the women in the group.

Anything but a karaoke or hookah bar.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:55 PM

30,994 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
That sounds like a middle school dance. Boys on one side of the gym and girls on the other. I wouldn't go out to that.
'Women dancing with women, with guys standing around' Thats pretty common all over, and I'm out quite a bit. Wasn't quite like this a few years ago.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Thats pretty common all over, and I'm out quite a bit. Wasn't quite like this a few years ago.
All over where? What kind of music are they playing in the places you go to? I find the alt/rock places 15 years ago weren't worth going to. Hardly anyone dancing. Some music types just don't lend well to dancing.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
3 thinks I know about a woman if I meet her in a bar
Likes to drink
Likes bar people
Likes to hang in bars

Old 06-23-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
3 thinks I know about a woman if I meet her in a bar
Likes to drink
Likes bar people
Likes to hang in bars
And? Your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships