Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 01:16 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
When I did online dating I didn't bring up the kids issue but yes I did ask if they wanted marriage eventually. I didn't say "he wanna get married soon" but rather "are you dating with the thought of marriage eventually". I'm not interested in dating a man not into marriage and am not wasting my time dating one in the event he changes his mind about it. I dated a man who told me upfront he didn't want marriage and he NEVER changed his mind.

Marriage or Kids should not even be mentioned before a face to face meeting. especially when there is the assumption people are not just talking to one person
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 01:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Marriage or Kids should not even be mentioned before a face to face meeting. especially when there is the assumption people are not just talking to one person
In some cases yes before meeting I brought it up. Not because I wanted to marry them but to see whether it was worth it even meeting if he was just looking for sex. Several guys told me before I could ask marriage wasn't in their plans so I never met them. Kids though for me personally could go either way but no I don't bring that up right away.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:41 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
So if it's a nice day what can I go out and do...................ALONE????
Most of the things it takes two people to do, are done indoors. So, unless you're riding a bicycle built for two, I'd say it's pretty normal to go out by yourself. I've shopped alone, hiked alone, dined alone, and always enjoyed myself.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:55 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,581 times
Quote:
Mainly because I am not mobile.
Not mobile? You're in a wheelchair?

Old 06-23-2013, 01:58 PM

832 posts, read 1,416,978 times
Quote:
The same damm annoying question by women in their 30's without kids during the 1st conversation..........."Do you want kids"

And I'm like why is this question being asked now and we don't even know if we want to meet face to face? So I guess I should just start saying.......'Of course if I find the right person and leave it at that"

Now if I say that why do I feel the next question will be......."How many kids do you want? And if that is the case I will hang up on her ear.

Even the marriage question is stupid because I thought that is a feeling that a guy gets when he is in LOVE and been in a relationship with someone over time. So why ask this damm question over the phone during the 1st conversation? I swear the dating process is so damm irritating in 2013.

It's freaking June, the beginning of the summer, this woman is childless, and she is asking do I want kids instead of

"So what are the things you like to do during the summer???

So from this point on my answer to the kids question is.........."OF COURSE I DO IF I MEET THE RIGHT WOMAN"
I'm noticing a pattern with your posts in the relationship thread.

You don't seem to like dating or women very much.

I think you should consider giving up online dating until you stop getting so frustrated.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:00 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
I will try putting that in the profile today and see what happens. But the other problem is women don't read your profile if you are attractive
Let's face it hon, you're tittering on the brink of forty. If you were all that, we wouldn't be discussing why TVSG can't find a main squeeze..

Old 06-23-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Let's face it hon, you're tittering on the brink of forty. If you were all that, we wouldn't be discussing why TVSG can't find a main squeeze..

Won't u be my main squeeze

Old 06-23-2013, 03:02 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
I disagree...that's a pretty big deal breaker for many people and women do have a point where they can't have children anymore. Why would they want to waste their time dating someone who doesn't want to get married or have kids if that's what they want?

I've had men ask me if I was looking for casual dating or if I was looking for someone to eventually marry and I thought it was wonderful to be asked that question. It gets all the expectations out in the open so I didn't waste my time and neither did he.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I disagree...that's a pretty big deal breaker for many people and women do have a point where they can't have children anymore. Why would they want to waste their time dating someone who doesn't want to get married or have kids if that's what they want?

I've had men ask me if I was looking for casual dating or if I was looking for someone to eventually marry and I thought it was wonderful to be asked that question. It gets all the expectations out in the open so I didn't waste my time and neither did he.

As a man I can say I want to be married but if my financial doesn't allow me to do it then it won't happen.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:

I refuse to be in the house all summer LOL
You don't need other people to get you out of the house.

[do it yourself]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships