Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 812 times

Advertisements

Ok,so after about 2 or 3 months of having a crush on this girl in my class,i decided to finally talk to her.I think this was the first time i actually felt something for a girl in my life..So at first we were both really shy,but now that school's over we text a lot and we both know eachother pretty well(to the point where conversations were about sex and stuff like that).

2 days ago we were both invited to a party and i stayed near her and we talked a lot and everything went fine.After she left,a friend of hers told me that it'll be better for both of us if i stayed away from her and stopped talking to her.At first i was like because i knew that we were getting along pretty well so when i got home from the party i asked her if that was true.She replied saying that it isn't true and that i'm a nice guy and she wants me to talk to her because she enjoys it BUT that there is another person she likes.I was very disappointed and i asked her about that person.She finally ended up telling me that actually she doesn't like anyone and that she doesn't want to lose me as a friend.

So after that i stopped talking to her and now i don't know what to do.I'm gonna see her in 2 days,so maybe you guys can give me some advice because i think i love her and i dont want to lose her.

We're both 17.
Oh and sorry for the spelling mistakes(i'm really tired and english isn't my native language)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 02:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
If platonic friendship with her isn't valuable to you (if you stopped talking to her when you learned she wanted to be just friends) then you do not 'love' her. You just have a crush on her.

Take some time apart, and your crush will fade into nonexistence. Then you can restart the friendship, if you want to.

Be aware that she will probably never find you attractive, sexually. That's what women mean when they say 'friends'. They mean someone (male or female) who they like a lot and hang out with, but are not attracted to. I'm sorry .

Old 06-23-2013, 03:20 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ckey View Post
She finally ended up telling me that actually she doesn't like anyone and that she doesn't want to lose me as a friend.
Even on the another side of the globe... Here is the same song.
She rejected you, in fact. It's better for you forget her. If she likes you, she will calling you herself. Be strong, you are the man.
And one thing. If you want to date with a girl you like - date with her girlfriend.
The old truth.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:56 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,082,578 times
She doesn't like you the way you like her. If you still want to be friends, that's fine. But don't try to date her. It's just going to lead to rejection and disappointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships