Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 PM

22 posts, read 27,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Wow. Aren't you responsible for obtaining your own knowledge ? Why is your "obtaining knowledge" my responsibility ?
If knowledge is handed to others, then why not to me? So according to you, I am not as worthy? Who the ****ing hell are you to determine this? I didn't know the Lord and Host of Hosts was here....

I do the **** I please and HAVE the **** I please. It's not for you and your supposed "supreme" ways to determine what I have and what I get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 06:51 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torxscrew View Post
who defines productiveness? This is clearly subjective. as is positivity.
Nothing illegal, nothing wasteful, nothing lazy, nothing useless.

Productivity and positivity are far from "subjective" my friend.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:53 PM

22 posts, read 27,046 times
According to whom? This is as things go. Everything in this universe is subject to individual interpretation "my friend".

Old 06-23-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torxscrew View Post
If knowledge is handed to others, then why not to me? So according to you, I am not as worthy? Who the ****ing hell are you to determine this? I didn't know the Lord and Host of Hosts was here....

I do the **** I please and HAVE the **** I please. It's not for you and your supposed "supreme" ways to determine what I have and what I get.
Nobody can "hand" another person knowledge. What a strange idea!

People acquire knowledge by learning through either painful or pleasant experiences WHEN they choose to take the lessons in.

If a person is not open to learning no learning occurs.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:57 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,529,674 times
It really sucks seeing someone close to you not live up to their potential or not even trying a lot of the time. I couldn't put up with a partner like that.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:05 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Provided they are not content to sit on their a^% day after day, that is motivated enough for me. I want someone who is capable of making a decent living that is all.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
It really sucks seeing someone close to you not live up to their potential or not even trying a lot of the time. I couldn't put up with a partner like that.
It really does suck, especially when the slacker aspiring to nothing is your child or your partner

Old 06-23-2013, 07:56 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Wow, some insane people in this thread.

I care about my partner's goals and stuff, because they affect me and for personality-compatibility reasons. I am a very progress-oriented person, myself. Plus it's fun to support each other in our projects.

I care about my friends' goals because I want to support them and for the personality reasons.

I care about my employee's goals so I can support them, and predict their career paths.

It never even occurs to me to think about anyone else's goals.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:02 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,581 times
Only if I care about them.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:22 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Provided they are not content to sit on their a^% day after day, that is motivated enough for me. I want someone who is capable of making a decent living that is all.
I was with my last company for 15 yrs.... a long time... I left them about 8 yrs ago and in between the current job and them, I took 8 weeks off.

I did a lot of sitting around, I didn't have the budget to world travel at the time, I blew through a lot of savings not having an income for 8 weeks.

It was one of the best 8 weeks of my life, caught up on reading, watching movies, enjoying some wine, food and the like.

Your life is just starting dissenter, it's all good to make comments like yours about sitting around on your ass, but work a corporate fortune 150 company that grinds and grinds you down and you'll see...

Sitting around on your ass day after day is real nice when you'd had big brother up your ass for 15 yrs......

Sometimes generic statements can bite you in the rear....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships