Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 02:39 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times

Advertisements

I personally find there are "types" of white guys who prefer black women exclusively (or like to approach them). I don't have names for the types, so don't take these "names" as gospel.

These are the problematic ones.

The aspiring rapper
: this guy tends to listen only to hip hop (and or other "black" music). His faves are Lil Wayne or Trey Songz right now. And when I was younger he would have been only listening to Snoop Dogg, Blackstreet and Jodeci. His ideal woman is the perfect video chick. ** read this as an exotic looking biracial or mixed woman. In his approach he will lead with something to make him appear to be "down" I.E. OMG that new Lil Wayne album is so hot. This will be his first or second sentence. He is likely genuine for his attraction for black women, but he is looking for a very specific type of woman, and if she deviates, then he is on to the next one.*

*There is another classier variation of this type. The do the same thing but are likely from an upper class background. This equivalent ends up looking for their own Tia or Tamera, comments and interactions are more classy. I don't have a name for it, but their psyche is the same.

The socially conscious white guy: He will have a handy copy of the Biography of Malcom X or the Prision Industrial Complex book and will want to engage in conversation around this. He is looking for a younger Angela Davis. He wants a "militant" woman with an afro and daishiki. She will lose points if she listens to pop music or does anything mainstream because he is trying to get on the black power bandwagon. He will approach with a line like "what's up my beautiful chocolate sister." This guy was a staple in the 90s black movies, usually played by a redhead like Michael Rapport.

The douche bag: I unfortunaltely meet these idiots quite frequently. This guy will approach the "token" whatever woman in the club/party/etc. He will approach with a very stereotypical comment, like the first guy, but his intention is to travel around the world in 80 beds. He is more about the conquest and plans to brag to his friends about how he managed to score with XXX. Obviously, this woman should match to his stereotypes of ethnic women, and if she doesn't he will treat her like he expects women from that group to be. His line will be something like, OMG you remind me of one of the housewives from Atlanta. And then proceed to ask you about something really stupid: weaves, Tyler Perry.....

There are of course the nameless normal people (you know who are commenting here) about liking people they find attractive of have common interests with.

And there is one more benign nameless type. I don't have a name for this one, but it is something like:

My dad told me to: For this person, an important family figure either had an unrequited or taboo love for some "exotic" woman in his past and wasn't able to act on it. The kid is then trained from birth, because this family figure is always complementing examples of the former flame or whatever and talking about their (as a group) beauty. The poor kid never had a chance, he has been brainwashed to place the "different" beauty above his own. I have a friend like this. His preferences made so much sense when I met his dad! My friend and I left his house thinking we unlocked the mystery.

Those are my experiences. I don't get mr. socially conscious approaching me, as I relax my hair. I can just relive this through my natural friends.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:11 PM

39 posts, read 261,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Most white guys only find light skin black women attractive.
It's funny you say that because here in Sacramento, one of the most diverse cities in the nation, and a haven for interracial dating (especially WMBW couples)....

the white men here seem to prefer darker skinned black women.

Maybe it's just all about the old saying, "Opposites Attract..."

Old 06-24-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I love your hairstyle, OP!
Haha thanks. I actually usually wear my hair in an afro, but about a year ago I had discovered the fun of lace front wigs. That's what that is in my profile picture. But I wouldn't want to wear those my whole life, they mess up your edges so bad

That's my natural hair, below.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:27 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,153 times
You're attractive either way. Wear it whichever way you prefer.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:27 PM

This thread actually turned out to be a very positive, interesting, enlightening post on a subject that is rarely talked about in community. I'm glad I posted it

Old 06-24-2013, 04:39 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times
Me personally I adore black women who walk with their natural hair over those who perm their hair to let it hang down or even worse retro fit their hair with pieces of hair weave. I find attractive when black women who style their natural hair and have it frills or an afro, it really shows how sexy they are and its a huge turn on. Me I'm not a big fan of black women using hair pieces or perming their hair. From what I noticed black women who keep their natural hair and style it tend to be very educated, open minded, confident, very sure of themselves, professional, liberal. I see plenty of black women like this when I venture to lower Manhattan and to some extent even in Harlem and yes plenty of black women like what I mentioned or what this thread talks about primarily date white men. It does not matter what her skin tone is, but just the fact how the way her hair is styled and natural is a complete turn on.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:06 PM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luctoretemergo View Post
This thread actually turned out to be a very positive, interesting, enlightening post on a subject that is rarely talked about in community. I'm glad I posted it
Well, whats your own experience and perception relating to your questions?

Old 06-24-2013, 05:08 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,996,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I don't know about OP's experience but threads on CD usually tend to take a turn for the ugly. Maybe she read some of our arguments and assumed the worst!

Old 06-24-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, I'm a medium/lighter skinned black girl who wears her hair in an afro most of the time. About two years ago I moved back from Chocolate City (Washington, DC) to Sacramento, from college. I went to Howard University for two years and embraced my natural hair texture during my time there after a lifetime of hiding myself under relaxers, weaves, and braid extensions.

When I came back home, I did notice that I was getting attention and genuine interest from men of other races, something that had never really happened before. I had my first experience with dating interracially about a year and a half ago with a blonde haired, blue eyed guy of Norwegian and Finnish descent. He did seem to have a special fascination with my natural hair texture which I found amusing (and quite cute), but it went both ways, so it was a pretty awesome experience for both of us.

But my experiences/the article I read that prompted me to start this thread/some of the replies to this thread have definitely opened my eyes...because a lot of the time certain things a black woman can see and hear in the media or elsewhere can make her feel like her natural hair will never be as attractive to men as straight hair is, but really that's not the case.

I know for myself, before I ever went natural, I assumed that me having natural hair would limit my dating pool. But in reality it's only widened it

Old 06-24-2013, 05:35 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,506 times
While I think the affro can look good on some women, I think most look better with it straightened, or "weavy", and skin light-mid colored.
Kind of like the OPs profile picture is what I usually like...(don't take it wrong)

I don't have anything against the very dark black, but so far I've never been attracted to one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships