Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:21 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times

Advertisements

I think there are two seperate issues here. Most people have dreams of the opposite sex, that's very normal. The second issue is the fact you are unhappy in your marriage. Living with a guy with anger management issues is horrible. I think you should be asking questions about the latter rather than the former.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 01:06 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
My wife sleeps with other guys almost every night in her dreams to get revenge for my disappearing with other girls in her dream. I dream about being in the middle of a Norse Saga - high seas, thunder and lightening, danger at every corner, but not a woman in sight.

Dreams are complicated.
hahaha

Old 06-25-2013, 02:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
We might be married, but we are not dead honey! lol. As long as it's a fantasy, and you don't actually act upon it, then there is no harm in it. However, if you are seriously dreaming about being with other guys, you need to evaluate what's going on in your marriage? What are you missing?
This.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:49 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
My wife has had a thing for James Garner and Robert Redford for years. She's always Ok with one of their movies or TV shows. No big deal. Its a fantasy. And we've got almost 37 years under our belt.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:59 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Wouldn't dreaming about guys you know or used to know be a major red flag? I see nobody has admitted to that.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:48 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willowtree8627 View Post
HI Im wondering if anyone out there can honestly tell me if you dream about other guys and you are married. like romantically, maybe even guys you know that are attractive?
LOL, yes of course.

Two nights ago I had a really romantic dream with DENNIS QUIAD in it of all people

I'm not even a huge fan of his so it kind of cracked me up that I would dream about him.

Don't read too much in to this willowtree! Dreams are just your minds way of processing information and/or feelings. It's not a sign there is anything wrong in your marriage

Old 07-01-2013, 01:50 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Hahahah yeah well my marriage isn't the best.. My husband has fits of rage and he isn't easy going like he used to be and it irritates me. I think life is too short for all this.. It's just such an amazing dream that I wish it was real.
oops, just read the rest of the thread after posting.

"fits of rage" is not a good thing.

Worry less about your dreams and more about convincing your husband to get some counseling.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:03 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
HI Im wondering if anyone out there can honestly tell me if you dream about other guys and you are married. like romantically, maybe even guys you know that are attractive?
I'm not married but I have been in committed relationships and had dreams with other men. I can't control my dreams. It happens.

You make it sound like cheating when you challenge people to be honest about it.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:52 AM

18 posts, read 26,690 times
Dreams are something we can't control. However if this happens all the time you have to ask yourself if there is something missing in your marriage. Is your husband romantic?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:23 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,623 times
Don't worry too much about what you dream. Sure sooner or later when you have a partner you will likely dream about someone else. Just because you have sex in a dream doesn't mean you cheated in real life. Dreams are dreams. Real life is real life. Now your dream may be telling you are attracted to someone else. It happens. I don't think you can be only always attracted to your partner. It's just a dream. I've had lots of dreams where I was doing things I'd never do in waking life. Don't give so much power to a dream unless you feel it will benefit you to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships