Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 05:42 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Hey...I do all that stuff and I go to bars.

I didn't mean to imply that women who hang out in bars don't do all that stuff. I should have added that. And I don't know if the OP is one of those guys who thinks the only places you can meet women is in bars and clubs, I'm waiting on more info from him. I only meant to point out that he shouldn't limit himself, and should approach women in a broad spectrum of venues to find what he's looking for.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
I'm 5'9" and 160, do not speak 3 languages, do not have an engineering degree, and am not ripped.

I don't have any issues. Sure, some women don't date guys who are 5'9", and I'm fine with that, because there are plenty of women who will date me.
OK! See, OP? It can be done! I'm sure DrEarth would be happy to share his secrets for a modest fee...

Old 06-25-2013, 05:48 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the brave View Post
I guess this is more of a rant, but I know this is going to hit a nerve with many guys.

Did you know only 13% of US men are 6ft or taller?
And you think that 13% is getting all the women and the rest are being rejected? Obviously, lots of men much shorter than you are getting all they want so the problem must be something else.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:49 PM

303 posts, read 595,470 times
Um, my FH is 5'5" and got plenty of play before we got (back) together. Maybe it's the caliber of women you're chasing?

Old 06-25-2013, 05:54 PM

OP, do you go to engineering conferences to meet other women engineers? Donate your skills to a non-profit project of some sort, or volunteer for Habitat For Humanity, or find a cause to support? High achievers do tend to get involved in charities, or attend charity dinners to make a donation, etc. That's where you meet women of a similar background to you.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:55 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,937,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But the OP isn't a short guy. That's the puzzling thing about it. Why is he casting himself as a short guy? There must be something he's not telling us.

btw, OP, most women don't care if you're ripped. They do care if you're kind, volunteer, and do all that other good stuff. Are you hanging out where women who volunteer, are kind, and speak a bunch of languages hang out? I know quite a few women like that, and they don't go to bars, I can tell you that much.
It has me pretty baffled, too.

Like me, the OP stands at a perfectly acceptable male height that only registers slightly below the national average for male height (5'10"), for whatever that's worth.

The women who prioritize competing with the (presumably) unwitting wives of married men are the ones with issues, OP--the height of their preferred partners likely has very little to do with their reasons for such selections.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:58 PM

11,361 posts, read 9,274,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the brave View Post
I guess this is more of a rant, but I know this is going to hit a nerve with many guys.

Did you know only 13% of US men are 6ft or taller?

I am 5'9" 160 lbs. I work out a lot and am ripped. I have gotten approached on the street more than once about training techniques. I am not a muscle head or vain. I just like to be in good physical condition. I speak French, Spanish, Italian and Chinese (not fluently, but enough to get around). I have a masters in electrical engineering. I have been told I am funny. I love make others laugh and have them do the same. I don't try to be the life of the party. I say my bit and respectfully yield the floor to others.

I am a very generous, open, caring, easy-going, open minded person. I treat everyone regardless of their station in life as a brother or sister. I have donated vacation days to a single mom at work so she could actually have a vacation after tending to her sick son. She works 7 days a week. I volunteered to load trucks during the Sandy huricane in NY. I don't do these things because I want people to like me or even so I will feel good about myself. I do it, because I think it makes the world a better place when we respect each other and look out for one another.

I can't tell you how many times this guy has been passed over for a 6' piece of **** db. The pasing over I could tolerate, but giving these ***** a free ride is, to me, like rewarding a serial bank robber with the key to the city. When I say db, I mean married player with kids and no job db that neither repsects himself or anyone else. A total user.

I can't tell you the heartbreak this has caused me. The sleepless nights, the internal agurments about right, wrong, love, justice and well the meaning of it all. I would just like to enjoy life like anyone else. But women don't seem to care about any of this. Just give them a tall, serial killer that lives with his mom, has HIV and an IQ of 40 and their smitten for life.
Multiple sources around the Net has the average height male in the United States listed at 5'9"
Average Height for a Man Statistics

You are an average height male.

I'm surprised you were only called out by one poster for that last paragraph because it's insulting to women and their intelligence.

For the sake of your future and mental heath I suggest to get therapy. Life is too short to have this kind of anger, especially since you have so much going on for you.
Me thinks based on this post that you have other issues that need to be resolved.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:58 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,255 times
Somehow I doubt the OP is looking for advice/encouragement.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:00 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
I'm 5' 11" and have been told by women I'm too short. Funny, it's coming from women 5' 5" and under, lol.

I can care less what women have to save about my height

Old 06-25-2013, 06:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, do you go to engineering conferences to meet other women engineers? Donate your skills to a non-profit project of some sort, or volunteer for Habitat For Humanity, or find a cause to support? High achievers do tend to get involved in charities, or attend charity dinners to make a donation, etc. That's where you meet women of a similar background to you.
He's 5'9, which is decidedly average height.

I have a feeling that the super duper hot chicks he's going after are turning him down for the taller guys so he thinks all women are obsessed with height.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships