Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 10:45 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,098 times

Advertisements

I once had a service job like this at a resort where I was always getting hit on by customers, who I had to be nice to. I received plenty of business cards which I promptly threw away. Many guys were way too aggressive in their approach. I only became interested in a few guys after they stopped by my area a few times to chat and I got to know them better. I would not like it if they asked my coworkers about me.

Can you play golf there more often (on the days when she works) and have a few more conversations with her? Can you give her a couple free tickets to the festival and ask her and her friends to meet up with you there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 11:06 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I once had a service job like this at a resort where I was always getting hit on by customers, who I had to be nice to. I received plenty of business cards which I promptly threw away. Many guys were way too aggressive in their approach. I only became interested in a few guys after they stopped by my area a few times to chat and I got to know them better. I would not like it if they asked my coworkers about me.

Can you play golf there more often (on the days when she works) and have a few more conversations with her? Can you give her a couple free tickets to the festival and ask her and her friends to meet up with you there?
I was going to say this. If he frequents there a lot while she is working then just talk to her and try to get to know her. You'll be familiar to her so she'll warm up to you. Then follow GoCUBS1 advice asking her to meet you at the festival. Good Luck.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:08 AM

457 posts, read 604,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Try to ask her out in a casual way. Find out from her coworkers what she likes to do, if she has a boyfriend etc. Once you find out what she likes then it'll make it easier to ask her out. For example, if she likes amusement parks then invite her to go to an amusement park. I've done this plenty of times with bartenders regardless if they had a boyfriend or not.
Isn't that awkward? I mean, it's not like I know them personally. I'm frustrated because I didn't have a chance to at least strike up a conversation with her the time I golfed there since my golf partner and I (my uncle) are not generally people to buy food/drinks at the golf course. They are overpriced, so even buying something from a cart girl is out of the norm for me.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:12 AM

102,180 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
Isn't that awkward? I mean, it's not like I know them personally. I'm frustrated because I didn't have a chance to at least strike up a conversation with her the time I golfed there since my golf partner and I (my uncle) are not generally people to buy food/drinks at the golf course. They are overpriced, so even buying something from a cart girl is out of the norm for me.
If you can't afford to buy a drink from her cart, you can't afford to take her out, unless you plan to take her to free events for all your dates (which is a perfectly acceptable option, if you've thought that far ahead). Think of it as an investment in your future. Taking the time to get to know someone a little over time is the best way to make cold-approaching women a successful approach.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
No, don't stalk her through her coworkers... That can come off as very creepy. You may need to find another golf partner. Or, can you play solo or go to the driving range and take frequent beverage breaks?

Yes, you'll need to bring more money to buy more overpriced cart beverages in order to get to know her. Agree with Ruth - think of it as an investment.. Also, if you just buy a bucket of balls at the driving range, instead of playing the course, you'll be saving some money anyway...

Old 06-27-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
No, don't stalk her through her coworkers... That can come off as very creepy. You may need to find another golf partner. Or, can you play solo or go to the driving range and take frequent beverage breaks?
This morning I went to the putting green at the course in hopes of seeing her since I played last Thursday afternoon, did not see any beverage cart. Is it typical for them to start in the afternoon? I rarely play courses with beverage/beer cart personnel.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:22 AM

102,180 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
This morning I went to the putting green at the course in hopes of seeing her since I played last Thursday afternoon, did not see any beverage cart. Is it typical for them to start in the afternoon? I rarely play courses with beverage/beer cart personnel.
Ask a staff member of manager at the club. She may just be part-time.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
LOL.... This is actually very cute - I hope it works out for you.... They are usually there by midday/lunch hour I think, but I guess every course is different. Can you call the Pro Shop and say something innocent like, "I haven't had a chance to eat, do you know the hours of the course beverage/snack cart?"

Just keep putting, chipping, and driving until you figure out her schedule. Even if it doesn't work out for you two - your golf game should improve a lot...

Old 06-27-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ask a staff member of manager at the club. She may just be part-time.
That would be no less creepy, I think my best chance would be to play another nine holes (probably next Thursday, the Fourth), and hope that she works that day. Even hanging around the putting green I'm not sure if the beverage cart girls are supposed to ask if they want a drink unless it's clear they are playing a round. Maybe I'll try the driving range this evening.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:29 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,404 times
Quote:
Only ask her coworkers if you know them well. Dont go up to them saying "What's up with beverage cart girl?" lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships