Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 05:51 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,806,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
I think Cliff was referring, basically, to women who aren't wired for monogamous behavior (or don't feel that they are in a given period of their life) because of this high sex drive, be it real or maybe just perceived.

The problem with people, men or women, who pursue multiple partners to satisfy their sex drives, I think, is that it isn't something that many of them will actually do without the alcohol factor present ("50 shots").

I wonder if the story mentioned in your OP doesn't involve, at least on some level, a journalist hanging out with a bunch of drunk chicks after a semester of Womens' Studies?
I haven't had a single girl friend who slept with someone, she wasn't already in a relationship with when she was drunk. It's in popular culture but I don't see this happening IRL. Do you know anyone that does this? Have you even seen it?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:51 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,131,761 times
Since when does high sex drive = promiscuity?

Promiscuity can result from many factors that have nothing to do with sex drive. There are promiscuous people who don't even like sex that much (I have heard that admitted). It's more of a self-esteem thing for them, or some other reason.

EDIT: This connects back to my post about past ideas of women being the sex mad gender. There is still that tie between high sex drive and someone being out of control, or more specifically, a promiscuous cheater.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:52 PM

5,749 posts, read 10,354,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Dweller View Post
Sounds like a lame'o excuse for a hoochie mama to have 50+ prior partners to me. In which case, duh, most good guys don't want any of that.

She needs shots before you even speak to her.
Where in the world did you get that from her post? A woman can have a high sex drive with her one and only partner. Are you saying that a woman with a high sex drive in a LT monogamous relationship is a "hoochie momma"? Why are you name calling women, instead of addressing the issue at hand?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:54 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,859,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Where in the world did you get that from her post? A woman can have a high sex drive with her one and only partner. Are you saying that a woman with a high sex drive in a LT monogamous relationship is a "hoochie momma"? Why are you name calling women, instead of addressing the issue at hand?
I don't understand the fear/hatred men have of sexually open/confident women.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:56 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,806,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Dweller View Post
Sexual partners..

Sounds like women who "get around" are complaining that guys with 5 or less don't want them.

Are you kidding? 25?

Yikes!

Do you ever see these women on CD complaining that they can't find a relationship? They seem to find Mr right just fine.

25? Sorry, what about 25. Who wrote 25?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 PM

173 posts, read 208,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I don't understand the fear/hatred men have of sexually open/confident women.
You will when your d*** falls off.

OR find out she has 5 kids from 5 different guys.

Looking for a "daddy" now.....this makes you.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:58 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,931,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I haven't had a single girl friend who slept with someone, she wasn't already in a relationship with when she was drunk. It's in popular culture but I don't see this happening IRL. Do you know anyone that does this? Have you even seen it?
You bet I've seen it, and I won't believe for one second that I'm the only one (really, am I supposed to believe that you've never personally heard of a real-life instance, involving people you know on some level, where a man and a woman, acquainted for no more than four hours, have an alcohol-fueled one-nighter? I won't buy it).

15,013 posts, read 21,606,283 times
I don't want to be with a promiscuous man, so I can understand a man who doesn't want to be with a promiscuous woman.

5,749 posts, read 10,354,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
I think Cliff was referring, basically, to women who aren't wired for monogamous behavior (or don't feel that they are in a given period of their life) because of this high sex drive, be it real or maybe just perceived.

The problem with people, men or women, who pursue multiple partners to satisfy their sex drives, I think, is that it isn't something that many of them will actually do without the alcohol factor present ("50 shots").

I wonder if the story mentioned in your OP doesn't involve, at least on some level, a journalist hanging out with a bunch of drunk chicks after a semester of Womens' Studies?
The previous study I posted shows that the best way for a woman to satisfy a high sex drive, and have the highest variety of positions and the most oral sex, is to be in a monogamous, married relationship.

So many stereotypes on this thread.

Marriage Sex: The Truth About Sex After Marriage

“Studies have found that married people have more sex than single people, and they also have more varied sex” says sexual health expert and best-selling author Dr. Laura Berman, who hosts “In The Bedroom with Dr. Laura Berman” on OWN. ”Oral sex is also more common among married people.”

Old 06-27-2013, 06:00 PM

173 posts, read 208,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Do you ever see these women on CD complaining that they can't find a relationship? They seem to find Mr right just fine.

25? Sorry, what about 25. Who wrote 25?
Yeah, "Mr. Right" says he had 6...it's really 3.

"Mrs. Wrong" says she had 25...it's really 50.

Men 1/2

Women double
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.